Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible New Weapon against the Ori? (S10E3 spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible New Weapon against the Ori? (S10E3 spoiler)

Now that they've got the supergate on 24/7, why not use it against the Ori? The Nox still owe us from the old days right? So rig up some kind of propulsion on the big O, have the Nox hide it, then move it through an Oreo err I mean Ori battleship.

Recalling the episode when O'Neil infiltrated the rogue NID, he put his hand inside an incoming wormhole and that part of his hand disintegrated (until he pulled out of course). Seeing that Ori can be destroyed by the "kawoosh" I think they'll suffer the same effects when entering an incoming wormhole. And if the whole ship is disintegrated, they can't pull out in time (to avoid the big O)...

They're not gonna see it coming, that is assuming the Nox cloak is good enough...

Then when they have all of the Ori ships they should disconnect it and that would mean that the ships would never return. Good idea but how do we move the Supergate?

Comment

No don't disconnect it... If you disconnect the Ori will just dial back in...

And I'm sure they can move the gate easily. They just need to hack the gate pieces themselves. As we've seen in the Beachhead episode, the pieces move by themselves and therefore must have some kind of propulsion on their own.

Comment

Nice Theory but the gate has to be in range of the black hole. So i doubt the scenario will work.
        Christopher H.
        Stargate Atlantis Fan
        WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

In range of the black hole? Are you nuts? The tiny gate is near the black hole, the incoming super gate can be anywhere they want.

As long as the gates are connected you can move the exit gate (that's the super gate) whereever you want. O'Neil move the gate to hyperspace once and it was still connected then.

Comment

Yes...but Jack didnt move the Stargate half way across the galaxy...your talking about moving the Supergate a LONG way
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

If they move the Supergate from it's current location, won't that destabilise the wormhole, since the address will no longer be correct??? Or am I making a fool of myself??
              Drahc
              "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

I don't think it will work. From what we have seen with Nox invisability technology, it seems to send things out of phase, so I don't think using the Stargate the way you describe would have any effect.

Also, the Nox don't owe us anything
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Oh yeah... It's the Tollan that owe us not Nox...

As to the distance, it doesn't really matter. Unless Pegasus is EXACTLY the same distance away as the Ori home galaxy, your point is moot. They could move the supergate to the edge of the galaxy and it wouldn't make a difference.

As McKay put it, "and it's exponentially proportional to size". He said nothing about distance. Judging from the fact that you can dial any two gates from one end of the galaxy to another, I doubt distance is really a problem.

Now the gate address... Once you've dialed in and made the connection, it no longer matters. It's like calling on the cell phone; so what if you are in a car? As long as you stay within roaming distance (which for stargate I'm assuming it's BIG roaming area... it's an intergalactic stargate, hello?) you can keep talking until your credit card max out.

ps. can't believe nobody replied to the pun about "the big O" and "pulling out"... Come on... What are you all, Asgards?

Comment

Another thing, what happens if you were to shoot that Ori beam through an incoming worm hole? We know matter disintegrates, what about energy?

Does the event horizon nullifies all matter and energy? Is that why the "kawoosh" killed the Ori battleship? If so that's good news.

Even if they can't use it to trap Ori ships, they can at least hide behind it while the Ori fire their beam weapon...

Although I just recalled that in many episodes we see the EH from behind and light seems to pass through (at least partially) with little interruption.

Scrap that idea, or maybe they can hide behind the gate pieces themselves... Or better yet, throw the giant gate at the Ori ships...

Sorry, I had too much coffee now I can't sleep.

Comment

The Nox don't owe us anything, actually. We sort of owe them.

And besides, they're pacifists and haven't been seen since season three. You're also assuming they didn't rebury their Stargate after Lya returned from Tollana. We have no way of contacting them, even if they would help us against the Ori.

Comment

Err... Can't we just fly there? We *do* have intergalactic space ships... 2 of them...

Comment

Working...
                        X