X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things the Ancients, Nox, Asguard have in common

Ok so there's been alot of speculation about why the alliance was created
    Some say against the Ori or another enemy, other says it for sharing technology, so lets examine what all these races have in common including technology, evolution, overall personality, morals.

The Nox - Pacifists, high evolution (Hak'tar's) (hundreds of years lifespan), advanced technology (flying city). Argueably more advanced because they live in a symbiate relationship with nature protecting it

Asguard - Warriors completely dependent on technology, without it would die out.(Though immortal in the sense that when there bodies die they're consciousness's can be transferred, Powerful war ships. Protect innocent Humans against the Goa'uld, possibly taking over the role of the Ancients.

The Ancients (Alterans, lanteans, Ascended) - Most powerful race to ever inhabit the stars, over 50 million years old. Seeded life throughout 2 known galaxies and protected the Humans in them (as far as they could, until defeated) Seemingly noble. Much of there technology seems to have been copied by other races of the alliance assuming the Ancients were the first to develop such technologies (hyperdrive, cloak, phase-shifting to name a few), and most importantly explorers. The Tau'ri are the second evolution of the Ancients. Later in there evolution they could Ascend at will

So feel free to add to this , dispute facts but discuss what could bring these races together.

I think their power would bring them together, because they woulddn't want to piss the other ones off, cos they would kill them. So instead of risking violence they just decided to create treaties to establish friendships between them. Does that make any sense?

Comment

Asgard: warriors ? Not much more than us, they were forced to defend themselves...

I'd say benevolence, and high ethics.
      The Asgards did create stuff to protect people (Thor's hammer, possibly others like some red-sky devices, or was it ancient-originated ?)...
      The Nox participated in a trial to save skara... even though they avoid interference, not because of the ascended civil code but because they are pacifists.

I'm still waiting to see the conditions of their alliance though... I guess it'd be faster to write it myself...

"We, the undersigned, representing our respective nations (herein designated as the allies) for all intent and purpose, in our mutual interest of sharing technology, culture, friendship and wisdom, agree to the following :

* The allies express highest interest in the value of all intelligent life forms, to the extent of the allies' own safety and survival. The allies will encourage the emergence and spreading of other cultures and civilizations and the values of openess and mutual respect.

* The allies will call for an Alliance Council session upon request of one of its members, to discuss and take action in the name of their people.

* The allies will not allow their members to cause harm to other allies. The allies will bring disagreements before the Alliance Council for examination.

* The allies will grant assistance to each other upon danger or agression.

* The allies will share knowledge and technology, file formats and protocols with each other, and will not use technology against other allies.

* This treaty can be ammended at the unanimity of all the members of the Alliance.

The undersigned :

* In the name of the Lanteans, ___, High Councelor of Atlantis,
      * In the name of the Asgards, ___, High Councelor of the Asgards,
      * In the name of the Nox, ___,
      * In the name of the Furlings, ___. "

The last point might explain why Earth isn't yet part of it, we need an Ancient to sign in to ammend it

Comment

they all have ownage tech
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

huh?

Comment

Honestly, I don't think the great alliance had much of anything to do with defense from any particualr enemy per se. I think it was about mutual respect between four highly advanced civilizations that all respected peaceful coexistence. I do think they were committed to guiding younger civilizations in the ways of peace, rather than warfare, and given their advanced capabilities were more than able to enforce said peace. Any young upstart civilzation would've been unable to run amok as long as the alliance was around. Unfortunately, the alliance did eventually fall (primarily because of the loss of the Ancients (the most prominent member), which eventually allowed for the rise of the Goa'uld. I think the fall of the Ancients was an insidious attack from the Ori, rather than a direct conflict. As advanced as the Ancients were there was little they could do to prevent their own demise, and the allies were equally powerless to help. The only way they were able to survive, was to take the citizens they had left unaffected by the plauge, and pack up and go to Pegasus in an attempt to escape the Ori, yet again. Effectively, the Ancients withdrew active participiation from the MW galaxy, until they're return around 8,000 B.C. From that point, some ascended, some intermarried with ancient man and began the first civilizations, and others left the planet by means of the Stargate at the southern pole. This would seem to indicate that Ra did NOT bring the second stargate to Earth, but rather the ancients themselves had brought it to Earth at some earlier point prior to their abandonment of Earth. Either that, or they simply returned to the gate at the southpole, to leave Earth upon finding a world too harsh to rebuild upon. This indicates that their may yet be living ancients somewhere. Especially since we know that the android Reese was constructed by one of the returnee Ancients. Unless the planet Reese was on was the only planet where the Lanteans settled. I somehow doubt that.
            The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
            Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
            My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
            Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I believe Reese might be an Asuran

Comment

Their collective ability to look down on others they consider inferior. Although the Asgard are learning to reject this assumed superiority, they still come to the humans of earth when they need a "dumb idea."

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Asgards are so pwn'd by humans... Look at the battle against the Ori... Human: 1, Asgard: 0.

In fact I think they lost a ship went up against the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by AncientsRGods

Before this season is out, you'll understand why I said Reese was made by an Ancient.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

If you referring to the episode in which they found Reese and talk about her being way beyond the technology level of the planet on which she was found. Now I remember there was talk she was built by an ancient scientist, though was she built before of after the Ancients went to Pegasus?

Seastallion plz tell me why I will understand (spoiler tag) or just PM me

Comment

If you referring to the episode in which they found Reese and talk about her being way beyond the technology level of the planet on which she was found. Now I remember there was talk she was built by an ancient scientist, though was she built before of after the Ancients went to Pegasus?

Seastallion plz tell me why I will understand (spoiler tag) or just PM me

She was built since the return of the Ancients to Earth. Some of the Ancients had left Earth upon their return and went and settled other worlds. Meaning there is still the possibility that some of them are STILL around. Somewhere.

As to why you'll understand...

Spoiler:
                        The Atlantis Expedition will encounter a race they think are living Ancients, but find out aren't. They are in fact 'cousins' to the human-form replicators of our galaxies. Not precisely the same in intention, but of similiar origin. They had originally been nanites designed to kill the Wraith, but they evolved into 'multi-cellular' organisms, until they finally took human shape to emulate their Lantean creators. The scientist that had built Reese had been continuing the research along that line. Reese inadvertantly used that ancient technology built into her to create the Replicators.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Well part she was a robot but she could of been built by the asurans.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            She was built since the return of the Ancients to Earth. Some of the Ancients had left Earth upon their return and went and settled other worlds. Meaning there is still the possibility that some of them are STILL around. Somewhere.

As to why you'll understand...

Spoiler:
                            The Atlantis Expedition will encounter a race they think are living Ancients, but find out aren't. They are in fact 'cousins' to the human-form replicators of our galaxies. Not precisely the same in intention, but of similiar origin. They had originally been nanites designed to kill the Wraith, but they evolved into 'multi-cellular' organisms, until they finally took human shape to emulate their Lantean creators. The scientist that had built Reese had been continuing the research along that line. Reese inadvertantly used that ancient technology built into her to create the Replicators.
                            Ok they have this site that talksa bout fan based series and there is one where in like 10 years we left to go find the last ancients.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok so there's been alot of speculation about why the alliance was created
                              Some say against the Ori or another enemy, other says it for sharing technology, so lets examine what all these races have in common including technology, evolution, overall personality, morals.

The Nox - Pacifists, high evolution (Hak'tar's) (hundreds of years lifespan), advanced technology (flying city). Argueably more advanced because they live in a symbiate relationship with nature protecting it

Asguard - Warriors completely dependent on technology, without it would die out.(Though immortal in the sense that when there bodies die they're consciousness's can be transferred, Powerful war ships. Protect innocent Humans against the Goa'uld, possibly taking over the role of the Ancients.

The Ancients (Alterans, lanteans, Ascended) - Most powerful race to ever inhabit the stars, over 50 million years old. Seeded life throughout 2 known galaxies and protected the Humans in them (as far as they could, until defeated) Seemingly noble. Much of there technology seems to have been copied by other races of the alliance assuming the Ancients were the first to develop such technologies (hyperdrive, cloak, phase-shifting to name a few), and most importantly explorers. The Tau'ri are the second evolution of the Ancients. Later in there evolution they could Ascend at will

So feel free to add to this , dispute facts but discuss what could bring these races together.
                              I wouldn't say hyperdrives and cloaking technology were copied. Because a hyperdrive is but a way to jump into hyperspace, which the Ancients did not create. And it's only logical to want cloaks on your ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X