Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GW article: Will SG-1 gate to Season Nine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GW article: Will SG-1 gate to Season Nine?

I was reading the article about whether or not there will be a 9th season here on Gateworld, and well the only factor that I see that could effect the show is RDA, if hes there the show will keep goin thru more seasons and remain good. However, If RDA isnt there then theres a 50% chance the shows gonna be crap and 50% chance the show will be just as great if not greater. So I think I figured out a few ways RDA could stay in the series.

1. the could move the stargate sets and props over to Southern California.
    2. They could arrange for Anderson's family to move to Van couver, or atleast have a home there as well as in Southern California.
    3. To build one of those instant teleportation devices like whe the Aschen took over earth.

lol well I think 1 or 2 would be possible. But option 1 would cost alot of money. Option two could be bad for Andersons family because thye would leave there friends and family behind, so Option two could work if they are willing and im guessing since it hasnt been said that they were planning on moving i assume they do not want it cause it must of already been brought up.
    I mean im sure hte show will go on to the 9th season as MS says he'll sign on for another, and CJ says its very liekly theres a 9th season, AT wants to wear diffrent types of shoes whcih i assume in a few episodes they may allow her to where sometihng other than boots. So I assume since ratings are high and most of the actors will sign on for another season, the 9th season should be a go with or without RDA, but hopefully with.

So what do you think? 9th season possible? with or without rda?
    and what conclusions do you get after reading the article(below)
    Article is here http://www.gateworld.net/news/genera...92028505,81758,

Edit: Also I made this topic as discussion mostly about the article lol I forgot about the other "wil lthere be a 9th season" type topic so I can understand confusion but I hope you al lunderstasnd this is a discussion about the article.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

I think the costs to film in California is pretty expensive, so thats probably why they film in Canada, which is pretty cheap to film on. Thats probably why they wouldn't move props and stuff to Cali, but im 'not sure on the other things you wrote.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

In order to avoid confusion I'll move this thread to the GateWorld Features folder.

Comment

Moving the sets and the entire crew is pretty much right out. Not only is it more expensive to operate in California but the sheer cost of MOVING is immense.

And if RDA's family was interested in moving to Canada I'm sure that they would have done so by now.

Hopefully the reduced workload will allow RDA enough time with his family for him to be willing to continue the series. If not then he's in all likelyhood going to call it quits after the current season.

Comment

RDA isn't in a relationship with his daughter's mother as far as I know, so moving them up seems out of the question too.

Comment

How about letting RDA have hiw OWN life, eh? Why on Earth should he have to restructure his entire life just to suit the needs of a group of fans too petty to let go? If he wants to leave and spend more time with his family, more power to him. Heck, if he wants to leave to spend his days teaching cats to paint, fine! It's HIS life! For god's sake, let him live it the way HE wants!

There is more to life than JUST Stargate. RDA has realized that. Maybe a few others should think about that, too.

As for season 9... We'll see. If the STORIES are good (and I have my doubts about that), I'll watch regardless of who is or isn't onscreen.

Comment

Maybe i would object if they replaced the whole cast, but RDA seems to be the only one out of the main cast that seems that he may or may not return, so i would be happy still, although yes, after a lot of people saying it wouldn't be the same, thats how i would feel, but as long as the character doesn't die completely

Comment

Well, the way I see it.. Since at least season 5 almost everyone involved has been quoted as saying "this is the end" Now, however they're saying another season looks likely... Seems as though the reverse is happeing, if the past is anything to go by.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Wah like what a lot of other people have been saying, if the stories are good, i'll be looking forward to s9

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    How about letting RDA have hiw OWN life, eh? Why on Earth should he have to restructure his entire life just to suit the needs of a group of fans too petty to let go? If he wants to leave and spend more time with his family, more power to him. Heck, if he wants to leave to spend his days teaching cats to paint, fine! It's HIS life! For god's sake, let him live it the way HE wants!

There is more to life than JUST Stargate. RDA has realized that. Maybe a few others should think about that, too.

As for season 9... We'll see. If the STORIES are good (and I have my doubts about that), I'll watch regardless of who is or isn't onscreen.
                    Well thats alittle harsh, I was just stating things that I think the studio(or the high executives of scifi and mgm) might do to hold on to him, sorry if i didnt mention that but you didnt have to b rude. The whole topics not about RDA its about the article on GW which involves the RDA factor.

"There is more to life than JUST Stargate. RDA has realized that. Maybe a few others should think about that, too." Are you implying that I or others have no life beyond stargate? Listen you dont even know me Sure im a huge stargate fan and RDA has becom one of my favorite actors, but that gives you no right to imply that I have no life. I know RDA has hsi own life, and as I said before the studio may try to do some of the thigns I said, and studios have been known to do things like those before to hold onto an actor, ultimatly it the actors choice. Buit if you didnt understand me im sorry for not being clear enough.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

i 've heard from alot of people that this is the last season but who knows they said season 7 was the last
                      My Stargate Forum:

http://www.gatefans.co.nr

Comment

They should definetly do a season 9. The show obviously is not as amazing as it once was but that doesn't change the fact that it is still one of the best shows on TV every week. Instead of hoping that the show returns to some former glory, lets be happy for the fact that we have not one but two very good sci-fi shows on TV every friday. Don't get me wrong I hope RDA stays and the show gets even better but I am still having a great time watching each week. In the end as long as the viewer is entertained there really is no need to complain.

Now as far as the show going on with RDA I hope it does but it can still do well without him. However if he does leave then it is time for the show to get back to the old style of going off world more and getting into more action packed scenarios. I actually think that Robert Patrick who got killed off in the first episode of Atlantis would have been one of the best actors to replace RDA in a new Sg1 leadership role. Another good choice could be Adam Baldwin.

Comment

This is one of the things I most regret about The X Files not having done: embraced the change and continued on with new characters, phasing out the older ones when they wish to leave, ala Law & Order. I hope the Stargate team takes this to heart and risks the changes and introduction of new characters, so that the show can continue for a long time to come.

I don't see why it's not feasible, as long as the fans come to accept the changes and are open-minded to the possibilities.

Comment

I'd love for O'neill to die. Not that I don't like the character, I'd hate to see him go, but his death would make a great story. I was quite annoyed when Daniel Jackson "died" and then kept popping up throughout series 6 and then came back in series 7 as if he'd been on holiday (vacation).
                            Kill off O'neill I say. I'd hate to see him go, but I'd love to see how the series' writers get stuck into such an emotional stroyline. "Earth's greatest hero gives his life to finish off Anubis" or something. It would give Carter a chance to get all girly too and admit her love for him on his death bed. Amanda Tapping would love that, I'm sure. (and probably Richard Dean Anderson, too!)

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan6321
                              I'd love for O'neill to die.
                              I wouldn't. But then, there's already been a lengthy thread regarding that can of worms. I think it was called 'Jack should die', in case you want to do a search for it.

BTW - if you do search for it and find it, I recommend you read through the thread before posting to it. More than likely, whatever you may want to say on the subject has already been thoroughly discussed and doesn't really need repeating.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X