This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior and Shields

Hi I am new and I have some questions. I heard Ori warship shields are powered by priors. So what would happen if we beamed that device that negates the powers of the prior onto one of the Ori ships when their shields fluctuate when they fire their weapon? Something else too. How many stargate civilizations do you think can manage to do some damage to the Ori that aren't really spoken about? Like the Aschen for example, if the addresses we gave them didnt whipe them out, which I think is unlikely.

Where did you hear priors powered the ships sheilds?

Personally, I don't think any race in the Milky Way can do damage to Ori ships with their technology, at least the ones we have seen in the show so far.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I think that since the Ori ships are "as advanced as a ship can possibly be," they should have some kind of area of effect weapon. Think of the Dakara weapon effect, not the actual thing that it does, but like an AOE pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow unicorn
        I think that since the Ori ships are "as advanced as a ship can possibly be," they should have some kind of area of effect weapon. Think of the Dakara weapon effect, not the actual thing that it does, but like an AOE pulse.
        they're doing fine with their current arsenal ! lol

Comment

I dont believe the ships are powered by the priors, they were first activated by them but I have never heard it said that they are the power source.

Comment

oh yeah of course, but surely, it'd be more efficient to just hit a big boom weapon. it's like why shoot guys individually when you can just call in an airstrike and blow them all up at once?

Comment

I don't

Comment

Oh, I am sorry. I must have mistaken activation for powering. And I didn't really mean take out their ships or anything, I was just wondering what other advanced races there were that would maybe be able to get a few ships up and running or maybe some orbital guns and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                  I don't
                  "" = not me saying that

how many times have people said that since these ships were designed with ascended knowledge, they should be as advanced as a ship can be minus whatever shortcomings the humans force into it, but for people living in huts, they seem to have a pretty good grasp of the whole crystal system and all that other jazz, so i'm not really sure how big of an impact their 'hutiness' can play

i was simply playing off of what has been said around here

Comment

Even if they are made from Ascended knowledge I still don't think they would be as advanced as possible. You coud teach someone all we know about science, but it doesn't mean they would be able to go out and design and build the most advanced 'anything' in the world...

Comment

what if we gave them the tools, the plans, and told them how to produce the materials to do so? i'm seeing it as ori give prior the literal knowledge on exactly what to do and the priors act as foremen, ordering the laborers around. now say i work at a car plant, i wouldn't know exactly how to build the entire car, just my little part that gets put with other parts to make more and more complicated parts that would eventually combine into a full car.

Comment

what if we gave them the tools, the plans, and told them how to produce the materials to do so? i'm seeing it as ori give prior the literal knowledge on exactly what to do and the priors act as foremen, ordering the laborers around. now say i work at a car plant, i wouldn't know exactly how to build the entire car, just my little part that gets put with other parts to make more and more complicated parts that would eventually combine into a full car.
                        I was reffering to the Ori themselves, they may know how the universe works but that doesn't mean that they are any more creative. Wouldn't suprise me if Ancient tech was more powerful than present day Ori tech.

Comment

SG-1 need to be study Nirrrti and Anubis way to make better human, they must have notes of it somewhere. And learn how those better human act, so maybe thei can make a device, with neutralize those ships.
                          Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                            Wouldn't suprise me if Ancient tech was more powerful than present day Ori tech.
                            I completely agree with that statement. After all, weren't the Ancients more into Science (and since science and technology go hand in hand; ie we use science to create better technologies and with better technologies we can advance our understanding of science) whereas the Ori were more religous?

Comment

And a lot of their weapon and ship tech was created during the war with the Wraith..so yeah. What I mean is they wouldn't have really left that great of tech behind when they left the Ori galaxy.
                              Last edited by ZakeD; 31 July 2006, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X