X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MediasharX: Review of "Suspicion"

From MediasharX:

http://www.mediasharx.com/index.php/tv/2966

(This episode earned three out of five shark fins. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Television

STARGATE ATLANTIS (1.04) - "Suspicion”

Review:

It’s been only a few hours since they left on an offworld mission, but Major John Sheppard, Doctor Rodney McKay, Lieutenant Aidan Ford and Teyla rush through the Stargate "hot" with Wraith shooting at them. McKay is struck after passing through the gate by a bolt from a Wraith weapon, but Doctor Carson Beckett says McKay will be all right. It seems that the Wraith prefer to numb their victims so they can drain the lifeforce out of them, much like an Earth spider. McKay temporarily loses the ability to talk with anyone.

**snippity doo-dah**

And we keep discovering things about the city, like how to open the roof. It’s good for us to learn about the place and what it does slowly, and the revelations are being nicely woven into the storytelling in a way that helps propel the plot. Good job.

My advice to the producers of this show? Avoid cliché as much as possible and don’t put the characters in peril we know they’ll escape from in order to return next week. Other than that, this is a solid episode in terms of balancing character, plot and continuity.

Quotes of the Week

Sheppard: “Could you please not do that here?”
    McKay (rubbing his foot in the conference room): “My foot is still numb, if you’ll excuse me.”
    Sheppard: “At least your mouth still works fine.”

Sheppard to Teyla: “Perhaps you’ve notice that every time we step through the Stargate, bad guys try to kill us. I’m getting a little tired of it, how ‘bout you?”

Zelenka: “I just can’t bear the same meal day after day after day.”
    McKay: “Buck up a little. I mean, we are stranded with limited resources in another galaxy. The nearest Bob’s Big Boy is 800 million miles away. We have to make do.”

Ford: “Oh, you’re just checking out the planet? Ah, never mind then, that’s cool—I’ve got better things to do than cruise around the planet in a space ship.”
    Sheppard: “You’re like a kid, you know that?”

Sheppard: “Without inertial dampening, we’d be hit by so many G’s our eyes would pop. The skin would pull away from our faces, our brains would squish up to the back of our skulls and our internal organs … would be crushed in these chairs. What about that sandwich?”

Weir: “Anxious to step through the gate again, Major?”
    Sheppard: “Yes, I am. Like us to bring back anything special? Groceries, new outfit, flatware?”
    Weir: “No, just yourselves in one piece, please. Be safe.”

McKay: “How could I possibly know that? What am I, the answer man?”

Next Week

"Childhood’s End," Sheppard’s team encounters a young tribe that, in order to protect themselves from the Wraiths, allow none of their group to live past a specific age.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X