Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlins Weapon - To Cause a Mass De-Ascension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlins Weapon - To Cause a Mass De-Ascension?

Okay; so we've learned that Merlins Weapon will work by "cancelling" out the energy of Ascended beings - therefore, do you think that if the weapon is found, juist before it is activated both the Ancients and the Ori will de-ascend to a lower plane of existance, to avoid being wiped out?

It's only a theory; but this could be a major plot arc for later seasons - ie imagine what will happen with Atlantis if there are suddenly 100s of de-ascended Ancients with all the knowledge of how to use the City properly around? Also, the powers of a highly advanced (yet not ascended) human are similar to that of the Goa'uld and all their 'tech (allthough admitedly, more more potent) - could this even things out, and bring Stargate back to the dynamic of it's earlier seasons?

I dunno; as I said it's only a little theory of mine - A little feedback?
    X X I I

Mass-deascension...that'd be interesting to watch.

Comment

Well this is actually not the first time I've heard this theory, it has been around for quite a while here and there.

It's also the theory I personally believe more than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
        Well this is actually not the first time I've heard this theory, it has been around for quite a while here and there.

It's also the theory I personally believe more than the others.
        Oh, do you have links to where you've seen this theory? I'd like to see the oppinions of those that agree/disagree with this!
        X X I I

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
          Mass-deascension...that'd be interesting to watch.
          Heh, SG-1 arrive on a planet and find a bunch of naked Ancients lying on the ground . That would keep in check their 'holier than thou' attitude.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Heh, SG-1 arrive on a planet and find a bunch of naked Ancients lying on the ground . That would keep in check their 'holier than thou' attitude.
            Who is to say they will be naked? Was Orlin naked? No, he wasn't. ... Daniel was only naked, as he was de-ascended by the others. Now, if the others de-ascended themselves - who's to say they won't appear just fine? After all we do know Merlin de-ascended and kept all his powers at one time (from the Pegasus Project) - so it's not too much of a leap to assume they can retake human form and still be clothed.
            X X I I

Comment

Originally posted by XXII
              Oh, do you have links to where you've seen this theory? I'd like to see the oppinions of those that agree/disagree with this!
              Well I remember it some time ago in various threads, but there wasn't much response to it other than the typical "hmm yeah."

Comment

A Possibility (well anything is really) ... This Would Allow My Favorite Bad Guys, The Gaould, To Mount A ComeBack ... Knowledge vs. Knowledge ...
                813Way Entertainment
                Dustin Runnels - Goldust Fan Page

Comment

well the asgard could be wrong, of course they are looking at a rock and guessing what it does. if its what the asgard say, if the ori get the heads up, they could descend and when after we use the device re ascend and at the same time use that as a form of religious propaganda
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

WE MIGHTY HUMANS WILL DO AWAY WITH ALL ACCENDED BEINGS.
                    AND MAKE THEM JUST LIKE US!!!!

they'll take our jobs

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Hmmm, I suppose that could happen. But, they'd still be advanced humans with all kinds of knowledge and powers. We would still have to deal with the Ori threat. But, at least they'd be flesh and blood.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have also wondered about what this "weapon" does. You know they love to throw curve balls at us with you think it does 1 thing but guess what it also does.... Maybe the device affects all acended beings in similar way radiation affects living creatures, forcing them to descend or be destroyed. Then again maybe the weapon needs something else to power it like the device on Dakara and it simply amplfies and channels this power to the ascended dimension. There is a curve bal lcoming just wait and see

Comment

I really beleave that the Weapon wont even work ...

First , Merlin was said to build this weapon . If he did infact build this weapon , How would it work ? This is the first great question . Think if the Asgards had a theory that it would infact work by "cancelling" out the energy of Ascended beings , Then you would also think that the Asgards knowing more then us could come up wtih a DEVICE that was some what like this .

Other then that , If Merlin did get the chance to finish building this Ascened Killing Device , how does he know it works ? Witch is another great Question .... As far as we know When Merlin finished this weapon it was taken from him by Morgan , These would be why he need Arthur and the Knights to find it . He would have been considered interfearing with stuff , and the Ancients would be fast to take action . Merlin would have known this and would have known that Morgan and the Ancients wouldnt have done nothing if HUMANS went looking for this Device ... My Theory on this , Is that Merlin himself say that if the Ancients then selfs didnt want to do something about this , they where part of the PROBLEM and was going to use this on the Ancients too . Morgan knew this and took the device before Merlin could test it out . If word of this got back to the Ancient counsole , they might have took action on Merlin and Either Wipped out his memories of all this , Or punished him by sending him to someother galaxy . Where Morgan might have hide the device as well .

As far as the Ancients Desending to human for , I really dont see this happening ...

my Theory is that in the END of all this , The Ancients will get off there butts and take some action to what is going on . They might not take action to the HUMANS Ori Fleets , or the Ori followers . Instead they will leave them for us to take care of , The Ancients might finail BATTLE the Ori in a BATTLE to end all BATTLES . I belive that Danial will have something to do with this too .

Comment

Originally posted by POW
                            I have also wondered about what this "weapon" does. You know they love to throw curve balls at us with you think it does 1 thing but guess what it also does.... Maybe the device affects all acended beings in similar way radiation affects living creatures, forcing them to descend or be destroyed. Then again maybe the weapon needs something else to power it like the device on Dakara and it simply amplfies and channels this power to the ascended dimension. There is a curve bal lcoming just wait and see
                            It's just a passing thought, but the creature in SGA's season 1 episode Hide and Seek was a ascended related creature that fed off energy. Well, ascended beings are pure energy and would make excellent prey for this creature and the weapon could be it. The creature also grew bigger the more energy it ate, so it would be infinite size if it could target the ascended plane.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              Hmmm, I suppose that could happen. But, they'd still be advanced humans with all kinds of knowledge and powers. We would still have to deal with the Ori threat. But, at least they'd be flesh and blood.
                              Yup, the Ori would still be a major threat de-ascended - one I liken to that of the Go'auld from the post season 9 era - in the sense that they would command a lot of knowledge and power, but could ultimately be killed as they were but mortal.
                              X X I I

Comment

Working...
                              X