This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of the blackhole

I don't think I understand-- why was the blackhole in the pegasus galaxy? Does this mean that the ori know all about the humans there?
    The way I understand it is one ori supergate has to be in the their home galaxy(duh), the other's in the Milky Way, but why is the blackhole that powers it in the Pegasus Galaxy? In "A matter of Time" the blackhole was right next to the planet that was dialed in to earth, not in another galaxy.
    In mourning I now will be.
    No more Stargate can I see.
    Sci-Fi Friday jubilation
    Has descended to Saturday syndication.
    (that is to say I don't have cable anymore.)

Its not the blackhole that powers the super gate. Its just a random blackhole they found and used. Remember how the gate didn't shut down in 'a matter of time'? Time dialtion meant only minutes and/or seconds were passing on the black hole side so it remained open past the window. Thats the same idea...by putting it near a blackhole it will make the gate remain active forever.

Comment

Dude you totally missed the point. the supergate in the ori galaxcy doesnt take part in this ep

(1) the super gate in our galaxcy can no dial out due to somthing the ori had done to it. its designed to only be used between galaxcys.

(2) The T man took a normal gate and placed it next to the supergate in the milkyway

(3) sam, Mckay and co took another stargate to a blackhole in the pegasis galaxcy. They used the power of the black hole in pegasis to power their gate and connect to the gate T placed next to the supergate in the milky way.

(4) in a previous ep of stargate they used a neclear device to make the wormhole jump to another stargate. They hoped to do the same and make the connecting worm hole jump to the supergate as they couldnt connect to it without having thier own supergate in pegasis.

(5) the neclear bombs they used to destroy the Wraith ship distorted the matter stream of the connecting gates and the wormhole jumped to the supergate and as its powered by a blackhole it will never close!

cant say it any simpler than that!

Comment

Okay, so now the ori supergate in the milkyway is connected indefinitely to the stargate in Pegasus by the blackhole--Right? I knew I was missing something! Thanks a ton for the explanation, but sorry, now I have another question . Couldn't the ori do the same thing back? If their supergate was powered before by a blackhole in their galaxy, and we switched to another one in pegasus could they not just switch it back like we did to them?
        (I'm pretty sure the supergates were always connected by the power of a blackhole back in the ori galaxy before "the pegasus project", am I right?)
        Last edited by Kanan; 30 July 2006, 10:09 AM.
        Sci-Fi Friday jubilation

Comment

The Ori can't do anything about it because the stargate is turned on, and it's going to be like that for a very long time. "We" were able to do it because they had shut off their stargate.

Comment

They would just have to detonate some shape-charged explosives above the supergate for the wormhole to jump to another stargate. It could be done. (Maybe they'll do it. Remember, they're the Ori).

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
              The Ori can't do anything about it because the stargate is turned on, and it's going to be like that for a very long time. "We" were able to do it because they had shut off their stargate.
              Those dummies! They should have kept the gate on all the time--an outgoing wormhole from the ori galaxy to the milky way, after all they were just using it to send more ships through.
              Sci-Fi Friday jubilation

Comment

that's probably not a to big problem for them, now that they have ships in the galaxy i don't see a problem why they shouldn't build another supergate.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
                  that's probably not a to big problem for them, now that they have ships in the galaxy i don't see a problem why they shouldn't build another supergate.
                  I agree. Messing with this Supergate has only stalled the Ori IMO. Sooner or later, they will build and activate another Supergate. Then, we will have more ships to deal with.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Kanan
                    Those dummies! They should have kept the gate on all the time--an outgoing wormhole from the ori galaxy to the milky way, after all they were just using it to send more ships through.
                    Yeah it was a little stupid of the Ori considering they would know that its possible to make the gates jump.

The downfall of many a great scientist. Lemons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                      All right then if the supergate was already off (and I'm quite sure it was) then how would it necessarily mean that just because you take two normal gates--one at a blackhole and another at the supergate--turn them both on (connected to each other), and explode something near the one by the blackhole that the supergate will automatically turn on?
                      Remember, in "A Matter of Time" there were only two gates in the equation, not three, and they were both already turned on.
                      So why did it work? Or how did Sg-1 know it would work? Can anyone explain that?
                      Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                      1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                      2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                      3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Originally posted by beedee
                        Yeah it was a little stupid of the Ori considering they would know that its possible to make the gates jump.
                        I think the Ori just underestimated us. Sadly, I doubt that will happen again.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                          All right then if the supergate was already off (and I'm quite sure it was) then how would it necessarily mean that just because you take two normal gates--one at a blackhole and another at the supergate--turn them both on (connected to each other), and explode something near the one by the blackhole that the supergate will automatically turn on?
                          Remember, in "A Matter of Time" there were only two gates in the equation, not three, and they were both already turned on.
                          So why did it work? Or how did Sg-1 know it would work? Can anyone explain that?
                          Watch the Solitudes ep one more time. Antarctica gate were also shut down, but Sam&Jack got there.

Comment

Originally posted by pRyvvik
                            Its not the blackhole that powers the super gate. Its just a random blackhole they found and used. Remember how the gate didn't shut down in 'a matter of time'? Time dialtion meant only minutes and/or seconds were passing on the black hole side so it remained open past the window. Thats the same idea...by putting it near a blackhole it will make the gate remain active forever.
                            Andsince its just a little gate on the other side, no big ships can come through.
                            ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X