Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient vs. Ori Theory (Possible PP and other ep spoilers in thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient vs. Ori Theory (Possible PP and other ep spoilers in thread)

Is the reason that the Ancients aren't interfering is because they are trying to ascend to the next highest plane of existence which would in effect allow them to wipe out the Ori, but to ascend to the next highest poe, they all have to ascend as a group?

There can't be too many possible reasons they want to risk losing the upper hand in this battle.

Principles. Morgan said that their feeling is that if they interfere, even for their own survival or that of everyone in the galaxy, then they are no better than the Ori. They will only fight the Ori ascended to ascended.

Comment

a thing that will ultimately need to end, their isolation from us has to end, they know what will happen if they wont help. then next stage of ascension is interesting though.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
        a thing that will ultimately need to end, their isolation from us has to end, they know what will happen if they wont help. then next stage of ascension is interesting though.
        they're like the Ents in LOTR: content to stand by and let things unfold as they may because it is not of their concern.......... that is, of course, until they are attacked.

i think its only a matter of time before the Ori go after the Ancients and thus start the war we all want
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I think the Ancients are still embroiled in the same philosophical struggle that divided the Alterans and Ori in the first place. There is a line that they won't cross because that will make the Ancients into Ori and that is what they want to avoid at all costs.

Comment

I know I know, principles. It's just hard to believe that the Alterans are heading down the same road the Lanteans did with the Wraith.

You would think they would learn.

Comment

in a way i hope they come into the war and help us, but in another, more bigger way, i hope they don't so that we can see whether or not we can defeat the Ori on our own, or with the help of the Asgard... so that we achieve something through our own doings instead of by luck or chance...

Comment

They don't need to help us in the way the Ori have I think that they need to send a representative someone like Adria but a good one so that they can use their knowledge. This will stop the interference and also give us one HELL of a boost.

Comment

Personally, I think that some of the Ori, as well as the Ancient's, have already achieved that higher level of ascension. All the other's are just trying to reach the same level, in the best way they know. The Ancient's don't help because, well they're the Ancient's non-interference and all.

Comment

Originally posted by nerus
                    They don't need to help us in the way the Ori have I think that they need to send a representative someone like Adria but a good one so that they can use their knowledge. This will stop the interference and also give us one HELL of a boost.
                    Too bad Merlin aint around. He's probably the closest to Adria( actually far better) that we'll ever get.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by nerus
                      Technically the ancients have allready done this, infact they did it some time ago. I believe we all know him as Anubis !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zrbyte
                        Technically the ancients have allready done this, infact they did it some time ago. I believe we all know him as Anubis !!
                        nah, anubis's state is a punishment for him and Oma.....

wait, that gives me an idea.... check out the thread: Anubis is our Savior?

i will come back and insert a link to the thread after i make it...

i'll be back...
                        Last edited by IrishPisano; 31 July 2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          I think the Ancients are still embroiled in the same philosophical struggle that divided the Alterans and Ori in the first place. There is a line that they won't cross because that will make the Ancients into Ori and that is what they want to avoid at all costs.
                          I agree. The Alterans have always beleived non interferance is the key. They were divided between the Ori because of a belief that the natural ascension is the key while the Ori preach that they are hiding the truth from us but that is the pot calling the kettle black b/c they have no intention of ascending their followers. So the ancients while the war might end up on their door step eventually, they believe it is our fight alone. Morgan might speed things along if they already havent done whay they did to Daniel.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                          X