Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something new for Teal'c to do? (MASSIVE later S10 Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new for Teal'c to do? (MASSIVE later S10 Spoilers)

You have been warned. Spoiler tags need not apply in this thread, the title is enough.

Later in the season, Daniel will become a Prior of the Ori. This presents a problem.. not a lot of people know Ancient. Now, they can either bring on some no name guy to do translations when necessary, or they can just use Teal'c. Both Teal'c and Jack O'Neil had to learn Ancient back in "Window of Opportunity" in order to understand the device that was looping time. This could, in my opinion, open up a whole new role for Teal'c at least for a time. He could be a sort of "fill-in" Ancient language translator, would be cool to see IMO.

Thoughts on this or anything else regarding what Teal'c could do with himself in Season 10?

See, a large problem to me is that.. removing O'Neil removed about half of Teal'c's character. A lot of who he was in the show came from his interactions with Jack.. and it feels like the writers are struggling to find his place again.

Originally posted by Adrius
    Later in the season, Daniel will become a Prior of the Ori. This presents a problem.. not a lot of people know Ancient. Now, they can either bring on some no name guy to do translations when necessary, or they can just use Teal'c. Both Teal'c and Jack O'Neil had to learn Ancient back in "Window of Opportunity" in order to understand the device that was looping time. This could, in my opinion, open up a whole new role for Teal'c at least for a time. He could be a sort of "fill-in" Ancient language translator, would be cool to see IMO.
    IMO, he probably just memorized the passages in that episodes rather than learning the complete Ancient language...and there are other linguists in SGC whom are fluent in Ancient

Comment

I was thinking that may have been possible, but they spent.. a hell of a long time there doing that. He could at least piece some things together.

Regardless, Teal'c needs something to do.

Comment

Teal'c will be very important in terms of Daniels being a prior, because of the super dooper tough relationship they have.

Comment

If they need Ancient translating give Jonas a call. Besides his homeplanet needs to be warned of the threat called Ori and Origin. Their are a lot like us, Cold war among themselves, so a lot of hardware available, altough not as high-tech. But we need every ally!!

Comment

. Now, they can either bring on some no name guy to do translations when necessary, or they can just use Teal'c. .
            (Pegasus project spoiler included here..~)

Well, we dont know the circumstances of what happens to Daniel and why. Im pretty certain we will find him back to normal very soon. I dont think there is a need to find some sort of replacement for him. They dont need to turn Teal into the translator. I like Tealc doing just what he does now , the quiet strong hero. Love how he single handedly took out that ori ship in Pegasus Project.
            Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneC
              (Pegasus project spoiler included here..~)

Well, we dont know the circumstances of what happens to Daniel and why. Im pretty certain we will find him back to normal very soon. I dont think there is a need to find some sort of replacement for him. They dont need to turn Teal into the translator. I like Tealc doing just what he does now , the quiet strong hero. Love how he single handedly took out that ori ship in Pegasus Project.
              I'm not saying he shouldn't continue being that, but broadening his character can't hurt, especially with how little screen time he gets. Also, I agree on how awesome it was. He uncloaked, and then backed away. The Ori ship sorta floated on over to him while apparently powering its weapon up. He got lucky that the little blast it did get off didn't hit him, even that much would probably have vaporized that alkesh.

Comment

I'm not saying he shouldn't continue being that, but broadening his character can't hurt, especially with how little screen time he gets. Also, I agree on how awesome it was. He uncloaked, and then backed away. The Ori ship sorta floated on over to him while apparently powering its weapon up. He got lucky that the little blast it did get off didn't hit him, even that much would probably have vaporized that alkesh.
                No youre right, broadening his character cant hurt at all, and he is getting less screen time I agree. I think his victory in Peg Proj made up for his short screen time though. It was brilliant. As for the translating ancient, what I meant was that I dont believe they will need anyone to replace Daniel. I dont think hes going to the dark side !
                Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

Teal'c couldn't translate the writings on the wall of Dakara... there is no reason to think he could translate any other writings of the Ancient language.

But there are many other linguists who speak as well as can translate Ancient at the SGC. The linguist Mitchell interviewed in Avalon Pt 1 for instance... what was her name? Dr. Lindsay I think...

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I think Teal'c still has an important role to play this season. Especially if Daniel's transformation into a Prior is due to brainwashing. Teal'c knows all about that, and could definitely help his friend through that.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ok, but what if the prior danny isn't our danny? like a different reality danny. Teal'c has already proven that he doesn't care what happens to the alt. reality people (he shot himself back in season 2 or 3 i think it was) so having him around to either convert the prior danial or just shoot him if the time comes down to it. atleast thats my guess

Comment

Originally posted by kkfan
                        IMO, he probably just memorized the passages in that episodes rather than learning the complete Ancient language...and there are other linguists in SGC whom are fluent in Ancient
                        i agree here .. they didnt last long on transating. so .. i know of 2 others who are remotly close to DJ . Mckay and Jonas...i read somewhere on here that TPTB said jonas would never be in an eppisode again. must of been a big disagreement. so that leaves us with Mckay. unless they bring in a new guy
                        SAVE SG-1
                        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                        Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Working...
                        X