Come on Ori just kill them already

Why are they Cowards?

Retreating/Not Fighting=/=Cowardice

Think of Ghandi...

(Edit: Post 777, Lol... Holy Number...)

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
      Why are they Cowards?
      They only care about themselves & everything Daniel said to Morgan is 100 % true. Daniel wants to stop the Ori to save everyone humanly possible. The Ancients are just sitting on their asses doing nothing. I hate that the Ori are saving the Ancients for last

Comment

The Ori aren't strong enough to stop the ancients yet. That's why they want human followers. And if the ancients were selfish, They would dcestroy the Ori to save them selves. They don't see themselves in any immediate danger but when the Ori do enslave the entire galaxy, the ancients will probably wipe out the humans.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
          f the ancients were selfish, They would dcestroy the Ori to save them selves. They don't see themselves in any immediate danger but when the Ori do enslave the entire galaxy, the ancients will probably wipe out the humans.
          They are selfish because they will do nothing until they themselves are the ones being threatned

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
            They are selfish because they will do nothing until they themselves are the ones being threatned
            A lot of people are like that, heck, a lot of Countries are like that. You barely see any 1st world country helping 3rd world countries out of there own will, it's apathy really, basic human nature...

The Ancients are Human Predesors, so it'll be likely that they'll be like us... Apathetic...

Comment

Of course, when we look at it, it's Daniel's fault that the Ori are even attacking, the Ancients had managed to protect us without interfering and there goes Daniel to throw millions of years of peace to the trash.

But oh well, it makes a better story

Comment

The reason that they are being selfish is that they dont want to help any of the "lowers". This alone isnt why, but its the fact that they are willing to stop the ORI, but you can be sure it would be at the expense of all of the humans in the MW. You wonder why the Ancients came to be this way, not caring for other life since they are "superior". They certainly werent like that when they were "lowers".
                Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
                http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by PSp2gamer
                  The reason that they are being selfish is that they dont want to help any of the "lowers". This alone isnt why, but its the fact that they are willing to stop the ORI, but you can be sure it would be at the expense of all of the humans in the MW. You wonder why the Ancients came to be this way, not caring for other life since they are "superior". They certainly werent like that when they were "lowers".
                  They have done enough, they kept us safe for millions of years

Comment

man i hope enough of them finally wanna help. since at least 3000 owe daniel for abydos
                    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

I believe it's similar to, for Star Trek fans, the policy of non-interferance, that a planet or race as may be can develope at their own speed and ability. We have seen this similar to the Asgard and the other races. Can you imagine giving nuclear bomb building abilities to our ancestors during the dark ages or even the middle age (slightly more peaceful time). The Kings, Emperiors and Cheiftians of those times would have not had any qualms about using the bomb on their enemies then.

Think of it as Natural Selection, if we deserve to survive we will if not, then it was our time. We shouldn't expect others to help us, we should appreciate it if they do but like ourselves compared to the third world countries, we are under no obligation to help them, asidfe from the fact that we plundered their people and resources but non of the world leaders care about that these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu
                        Can you imagine giving nuclear bomb building abilities to our ancestors during the dark ages or even the middle age (slightly more peaceful time). The Kings, Emperiors and Cheiftians of those times would have not had any qualms about using the bomb on their enemies then.
                        That thought is flawed. You're assuming the opposing side isn't getting a nuclear bomb from an equally powerful being.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu
                          I believe it's similar to, for Star Trek fans, the policy of non-interferance, that a planet or race as may be can develope at their own speed and ability. We have seen this similar to the Asgard and the other races. Can you imagine giving nuclear bomb building abilities to our ancestors during the dark ages or even the middle age (slightly more peaceful time). The Kings, Emperiors and Cheiftians of those times would have not had any qualms about using the bomb on their enemies then.

Think of it as Natural Selection, if we deserve to survive we will if not, then it was our time. We shouldn't expect others to help us, we should appreciate it if they do but like ourselves compared to the third world countries, we are under no obligation to help them, asidfe from the fact that we plundered their people and resources but non of the world leaders care about that these days.
                          I think that you are right in the general sense, however they already have involved themselves. They have touched the situation by hiding the life in the galaxy from the ori in the first place! We screwed that up, it's our mess, or so they might think. I had alarger, more sane post on the idea, I'll find it and put it here.

Originally posted by kmwhite
                          It may just be me who sees it this way, but they did help us. How long did they hide us from the Ori? We are the ones who screwed up and revealed ourselves. Sure, it wasn't intentional, but we did. We should also then say, well, "If they interfered by hiding us, why not interfere by helping us?" The ancients have left behind vast amounts of technology that the people of the Tau'ri and other planets have studied and atapted and used. Maybe they see this as helping us? The wanted to plant the seeds of civilization, and they encouraged the idea of "If you belong here, you will step up to it." or "If you are to be ascended, you'll find a way to do it on your own". That's why they had the problems with Oma's work. Maybe the ancients left all those clues behind to ready us for a battle with the Ori. Maybe its a HUGE freaking test. To defeat the replicators, the Asgard needed low tech ideas at first. Once they struck a few blows back, they tapped the ancient repositories. I don't know that I really want the Ancients to just drop in and kick Ori arse. I'm rather fond of the concept of the underdog. These non-ascened folks we call SGC have defeated false gods before, I'd be very happy to see them do it again. Sure, it may be through the use of ancient technology, but it's not through direct ancient help. Just some random thoughts.. okay, they've been in my head a while.
                          Last edited by kmwhite; 29 July 2006, 01:50 PM.
                          Green me as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate
                            Come on Ori just kill them already
                            Its higher cognitive abilities and morals; just because you can it doesn't give you a right to invade other countries/planets etc and kill people.

Everybody in the world says "I am right" - that doesn't make it so.

(It would also make for a very short story)

Comment

yes some most of them are cowards
                              http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X