X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Arthur

Do you think we could ever meet him?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Spoiler:
    I doubt it since as I recall Morgan said he was a human and is therefor probably dead, but you never know: maybe merlin helped him ascend.
    MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Spoiler:
    Snape kills Dumbledore
    Spoiler:
    Darth Vader is Luke's Father
    Spoiler:
    Rosebud is a sled
    Spoiler:
    Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
    Spoiler:
    The planet of the apes is actually Earth
    Spoiler:
    The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
    Spoiler:
    Clark Kent is Superman
    Spoiler:
    What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

According to the episode Avalon, Daniel says something along the lines like 'Avalon is the place Merlin helped Arthur ascend.' Or I could be making that up, I'll rewatch the episode to make sure. If that is what he said, then I suppose it is possible, but highly unlikely, that we'd ever see King Arthur.
      My new favorite quote:
      "Fly Lucius, fly"
      -Rodney
      My old favorite:
      "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
      -Dr. Lee

Comment

I was almost expecting Arthur and his cronies to show up at that first battle at the Supergate. I figured What's Her Name pulling the sword from the stone was a signal of some sort, alerting Arthur to the deeds atg hand. But then, I'm not certain what Arthur and Company could have done....
        "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
        -----

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian
          I was almost expecting Arthur and his cronies to show up at that first battle at the Supergate. I figured What's Her Name pulling the sword from the stone was a signal of some sort, alerting Arthur to the deeds atg hand. But then, I'm not certain what Arthur and Company could have done....
          i hope we don't meet him... i'm totally fascinated with how the writers have rewritten the mythologies of earth in stargate sg-1... but i think bringing king arthur in would be a bit too much...

i'd rather see them go back to the ancient mythologies, maybe sumeria or mesopotamia...... they haven't really cracked asia yet...

the reason i don't want to see arthur appear is because i don't want SG to turn into yet another quest for the holy grail, which it is bordering on right now... next thing you know, dan brown shows up at the SGC with this crazy book that unlocks all the secrets about the ancients and ori and how to defeat them and tom hanks replaces mitchell and harrison ford replaces RDA and they both team up to hunt for the holy grail in the galaxy...... i'm kinda getting sick of quests for the holy grail....
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

yes merlin ascended arthur. said so in avalon
            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
              yes merlin ascended arthur. said so in avalon
              In that case, it's my guess that Arthur at least is still around, and that he is either working with Merlin for the protection of the Milky Way and the defeat of the Ori (or active defense against them, anyway), or more interestingly he was ascended, but decided the mainstream of Ascended Ancient thought was more correct, and will actively (probably passively) try to keep SG-1 from finding the Grail....
              "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
              -----

Comment

Not sure if we'll encounter Arthur or not sometime down the road. It could be done well, but, we'll just have to wait and see. If we do ever see him though, I know it will be as an ascended being, not in the flesh. Well, unless he decides to descend, that is.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So the questions being posed are these:

1) What happened to King Arthur?
                  1a) Did he ascend?
                  1b) Will we ever meet him in the flesh?

2) What happened to Merlin?
                  2a) Did he re-ascend?
                  2b) Will we ever meet him in the flesh?

3) What was their relationship to Morgan le Fay and the other Ancients?

My answers so far are thus:

1)
                  Daniel said that Merlin helped King Arthur ascend, but I think he was only theorising. Daniel's not often wrong, but it could be possible that he's already dead.
                  King Arthur and his knights also went questing after the Sangraal, but Merlin was seen to be wearing the Bloodstone - which we believe to be the Sangraal - possibly Arthur became a convert of the Ori and sought to destroy Merlin's weapon? Was he put to task by the Ancients? Exactly why did he want the Sangraal?
                  1a) I'm leaning towards yes, but nothing's sure.
                  1b) I reckon that if he did ascend, he took a new name and is infact an Ascended being that we're already familiar with (thought there's only a few specific ascended beings that we're familiar with, like Orlin - hey, wait a minute...).

Comment

interesting theories

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

interesting indeed - definately would like to see him
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

This also makes me wonder if we will see a Mordred character as well. As long as we dive into Arthurian mythologies here... If Arthur existed, and Morgan as well, Mordred also had to have been, since he is a pivotal character in Aruthiran mythology. You think Mordred was real, he defected to the Ori (aka evil), and tried to destroy Merlin's Grail in order to help usher in the Ori (by getting rid of the only weapon that could destroy them) generations later?

Comment

Working...
                        X