Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gate Physics in Pegasus Project (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Physics in Pegasus Project (Spoilers)

Would the wormhole bouncing thing work like they said it did in this episode?

In the first episode where they did this, "A Matter of Time," they had the shaped charge on the outgoing side of the gate, just like this episode. However, in this episode it was the outgoing gate (in the Milky Way) that swapped gates. Yet in "A Matter of Time" it was the gate they bombed that swapped gates, not the outgoing gate.

Is this a slight continuity error, or did I not understand something? I'm hoping somebody can explain this to me...thanks!!

They didn't establish which of the gates was the outgoing gate. I was under the impression that it was the gate in the Pegasus galaxy, thus, allowing the same mechanic of jumping the wormhole to the Supergate as the original scenario in "A Matter of Time."

Comment

Because a lot of the stuff emitted from a thermonuclear explosion is matter, the 'Gate in Pegasus had to be the outgoing 'Gate. And in "A Matter of Time" the Wormhole jumped from the 'Gate with the blackhole to a standard ol' 'Gate with the wormhole still connected to the Cheyenne Mountain 'Gate.
      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
      Zatnikitelman

Comment

Actually there wouldn't be that much matter in a nuclear explosion. And what Zat just said would match with the Pegasus gate being the origin gate. Plus didn't they say they were using the gate in Pegasus to dial the one in the MW?

Comment

Carter stated that they had sent the dialing command. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Teal'c to have dialged Pegasus, as he wouldn't have known when they were in position.
          "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
            Carter stated that they had sent the dialing command. Also, it wouldn't make sense for Teal'c to have dialged Pegasus, as he wouldn't have known when they were in position.
            yah, the Pegasus gate was the outgoing gate

Comment

Wasn't that why they timed the bombs? So that they would explode once they were on the 'exit' side of the wormhole? So the explosion would be on the same side of the wormhole it was last time they made a wormhole jump.

Comment

No they exploded on the Pegasus side of the gate.

Perfecto!

Comment

I totally didn't get the ending either. The Pegasus gate was the outgoing wormhole, but in "A Matter of Time" the black hole was located at the outgoing location, whereas here it was the dialling gate. Wouldn't that effect matters?

Comment

In "A Matter of Time", remember that they redialed the black hole. They still bombed the outgoing side of the gate. The confusion is probably comming from the fact that the black hole was at the outgoing side this time. (And frankly, it doesn't matter which side it's on.)
                    This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDot
                      In "A Matter of Time", remember that they redialed the black hole. They still bombed the outgoing side of the gate. The confusion is probably comming from the fact that the black hole was at the outgoing side this time. (And frankly, it doesn't matter which side it's on.)
                      That's right. The SGC did redial that planet in "A Matter of Time". So in both episodes, the bomb went off on the outgoing side.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

One forget the episode: Solitudes from Season One....a large energy blast on the outgoing gate deflected and forced our gate to well turn off, and reflect the wormhole back to a closer gate in the Antratic same thing...

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie here, so i figured I’d ask this question here as it's related to the Stargate Physics in Pegasus Project.

What do you recon happens now if you send something through the outgoing end, now obviously there's a rather big black hole at that end but theoretically what do you think would happen?

Comment

It would simply come out of the supergate

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                              It would simply come out of the supergate
                              like a normal stargate
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X