This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Six Plot Hole

I was watching the season 6 episode where they uncover the ancient in the ice dubbed ayana. Wouldn't her physiology be what the asgard need to help them solve their cloning problem. Just a thought.

Originally posted by SG-12
    I was watching the season 6 episode where they uncover the ancient in the ice dubbed ayana. Wouldn't her physiology be what the asgard need to help them solve their cloning problem. Just a thought.
    No, because Aiyana was Ancient. The Asgard are humanoid, but they were never humans.

Comment

But Loki believed Colonel O'Neill was the key to their problems and he was a human. Ayana is far more advanced.

Comment

Yes, and Thor said he was very wrong. If they can't solve their problems from the being they found way back, what makes you think they can solve it by studying an Ancient? Also, don't you think they were experiencing this problem 10,000 years ago when the Ancients first returned from Pegasus?

They could just grab a random Ancient and ask for a skin sample.

Comment

i found the way to solve the Asgards problems http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/index.shtml

Harlan from "Tin man" could just put all the Asgards soles in new bodies
          Click the link to learn the Goa'uld language
          Lo tak meta satak oz

Comment

Originally posted by jaffa_shol'va
            i found the way to solve the Asgards problems http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/characters/index.shtml

Harlan from "Tin man" could just put all the Asgards soles in new bodies
            What good would that do? The Asgard can't reproduce and make more wee Asgard kiddies, which means that when one dies, it isn't replaced by another being born.

I doubt those robots have the ability to reproduce.
            An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I know that being robots won’t help them reproduce but from what I get from the show is the Asgard’s bodies are getting worse
              Click the link to learn the Goa'uld language
              Lo tak meta satak oz

Comment

But the Asgard that was cloned on Earth could walk, it was kinda like a little child, maybe the Asgard can clone new Asgard?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  No, because Aiyana was Ancient. The Asgard are humanoid, but they were never humans.
                  Also, if it were that simple, the Asgard would have been looking at Jonas Quinn or his race (whom they'd certainly be aware of) for cloning rather than Jack/humans on earth, due to Jonas' advanced DNA.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                    What good would that do? The Asgard can't reproduce and make more wee Asgard kiddies, which means that when one dies, it isn't replaced by another being born.

I doubt those robots have the ability to reproduce.
                    They can;t do ti already, but it sure as hell beats dieing eveyr 30 days...

Also... Aiyana was an ancient but she was dead and before that partially braindamage, perhaps she wouldn't work as such..

Also.. I believe that because the Asgard were humanoid at some point, they may believe that once Humanity reaches a certain level they can use them, being the O'Niell is the most advanced human on Earth, itsreasonable explanation..
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

We don't know O'Neill is the most advanced human on Earth, merely that he is one of them. For all we know Mckay could be one too.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
                        But the Asgard that was cloned on Earth could walk, it was kinda like a little child, maybe the Asgard can clone new Asgard?
                        All the Asgard are clones (or to be exact, are in cloned bodies). Unfortunately they are clones of clones of clones of... etc. Like a photocopy of a photocopy the quality of the clone has become worse with each generation.

I assume they can't just use a human because the two species are incompatible. It's like attempting to put a dog and a cat together (and I don't mean just in the same house ).

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                          We don't know O'Neill is the most advanced human on Earth, merely that he is one of them. For all we know Mckay could be one too.
                          Oneill is "more advanced" only because he has the ancient gene. Many more people have the gene now. Maybe it will work on the Asgard(probably not ,tough).
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

but otu of all the people Loki kidnapped him and said he was the most advanced and the possible solution to their problem... Not only because of the Gene, but because as Beckett shows us, just because you have the gene doesnt mean you can control or use an ancient Tech.. O'Niell having gone thru the Ancient Face sucker Twice and being given all Ancient Knowledge, and using that knowledge to heal bra'tac. Which, they cleaned his mind, if the face sucker gave him this ability it would of remained... but its the Anceint know how... He has the Ancients power..but doesnt know how to use it...
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                              being the O'Niell is the most advanced human on Earth, itsreasonable explanation..
                              Hey, take that back! They simply haven't met me yet, that's all.

Seriously though, O'neill while he had the Ancient knowledge in 'Lost City' heck yeah. Once it's been removed then no, I'm sure there are lots more advanced people in an evolutionary sense than him. Even for the ATA gene, I wouldn't say he's the most advanced, I say that honour now belongs to Shep.

Comment

Working...
                              X