This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Hive Ships!

I've seen a lot of people complaining that the Wraith aren't that powerful, but I disagree wholeheartedly, especially after watching season 3's No Man's Land. So what if we piddly humans were able to stand up to 2 Hive Ships? The only reason we survived a head on fight was due to the Orion... if it were the Oddysey vs. both Hive Ships it would have been over, even with the damage our nuke did to one of the Hives. Those rapid-fire batteries the Wraith use are just awesome!

I don't think every enemy has to be "indestructable" to be considered a threat. By indestructable I include the Goa'uld at least regarding the first several years of the Stargate show, when we couldn't defend ourselves from a single Ha'tak class mothership.

We've advanced, we have our own starships designed with Asgard technology, and we can put up a fight when we have to against enemies like the Wraith! I like it... so who still thinks the Hive Ships are weak?

I don't think they're weak per se, but their lack of energy shielding just...really makes them weak.

I mean, a hit will actually damage the hull somewhat.

Comment

And should we say get a hive ship, *cough* we could put shields on them and you would like them more.

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
        And should we say get a hive ship, *cough* we could put shields on them and you would like them more.
        What an extraordinary opportunity that would be for the team, if it ever happens let's just hope they don't do something stupid, like get it destroyed or anything, same for any Ancient ship they may come across.

Comment

I don't think many would want to see a Hive with shielding.

Comment

I think that the organic design of the hiveships is great plus the fact of having no shields was something new in the stargate universe

Comment

Too Late The Hive Was Destroyed In Misbegotten,tough Luck
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                I don't think they're weak per se, but their lack of energy shielding just...really makes them weak.

I mean, a hit will actually damage the hull somewhat.
                Why would the wraith need shields, they are fighting drones, which if you didnt know go straight through shields.

the wraith are very powerfull and i think they are the best bad giys in the world.

--Gaz--

Comment

If the deadalus manages to take out a hive they have to be weak. They're firepower is not too bad, but in defense they just suck. They have no anti fighter weapons and no shields. And don't tell me they have darts against fighters, you saw how good they were in no man's land agains a huge fleet of about four f-302.
                  Even ha'taks are probably better then hives. Then I've never seen a deadalus class scratch one.

Comment

Hiveships are awesome far more powerful than ha'taks...shields aren't everything hives are covered in huge plates of bio armour which can regenerate carry hundreds possibly thousands of darts...they have powerful weapons and the daudeless barely took on a hiveship and it has asgard shields, the hive took a mulit megaton nuke hit and still whiped the daudeless had caldwell not caused secondary explosions in the dart bay or waited another 10 seconds the daudeless would have been destroyed...even after the battle the hive was repaired quicker and in better condition than the daudeless...
                    The daudeless class was designed to beat goa'uld motherships and the fact it can barely hold it's own against a hive shows how powerful they are...
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Think about this:
                      Who has actually attacked a hive ship since the ancients left?
                      Until just recently I’d bet no one.

I think the hives were developed to attack not be attacked. All offence no defense.
                      Why have shields if no one can/will attack.

Comment

there could be a numbe rof reasons for no shields...
                        1)drone the ancients primary weapons penertrare shields so any shields the wraith developed would be obselete
                        2)it may not be compatable with their organice ships(i doubt it though)
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The Deadalus did not "manage to take out one hive". Michael sabotaged it from within to allow beaming! The Deadalus alone would've been toast against one single hive.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                            The daudeless class was designed to beat goa'uld motherships and the fact it can barely hold it's own against a hive shows how powerful they are...
                            There has never been a Daedalus class ship or the Prommy for that matter that has ever destroyed a Hatak. Ever.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                              The Deadalus did not "manage to take out one hive". Michael sabotaged it from within to allow beaming! The Deadalus alone would've been toast against one single hive.
                              But they still did an impressive job considering the size of the Deaddy.
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought it was a cool tactic they used by firing at the darts launch bay
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X