This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis (ancient) GDO's

i was just wondering, since earth's stargate has the iris, teams use GDO's to send a code open it, on atlantis the gate has the force shield on it and the teams us the same type of GDO's they brought from earth, but what did the ancients use for GDO's, i mean they would have to had to send some kind of signal. It seems like PJ's would have them biult in and that there should be a stack of personal ancient GDO's some where in atlanis close to the gate.

Maybe the Ancients or someone with the Ancient gene can pass through the shield. Hey, maybe Sheppard should try it.

Comment

They probally just send a radio signal with some kind of encrypted code or something. Thats all we do, no reason why the ancients wouldnt do that.

Comment

didn't before i sleep say there was no gate shield?
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Then what about the one that they use right now? Im positive that was there, and the button that controls it was there already.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
            didn't before i sleep say there was no gate shield?
            Nothing was said about the gate shield in "Before I Sleep"

Comment

ima go with either jumpers can get through. people i dunno. i doubt the great alterans will have something as menial as gdos.

maybe they didn't use it.
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Perhaps if the gate simply knows if it was dailed by a puddle jumper, and doesn't raise the shield. Makes sense seeing as people with the Ancient gene are the ones who can us 'em.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

actually, i believe in ... what is it ... the storm? either the storm or the eye, when one of the athosians is captured and they take his GDO, he says that it requires the DNA of the programmed sender to be able to send the code b/c they wanted to just take it and use it but the athosian said that it was his hand that needed to put in the code, so i'm pretty sure that it was one of atlantis' original GDO transmitters, considering i don't think we'd have something like that (though i could be wrong).

Comment

atlantis came with the gate shield, grodin pointed it out in the rising and rodney complained about loosing power
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                      Maybe the Ancients or someone with the Ancient gene can pass through the shield. Hey, maybe Sheppard should try it.

I could see him chasing some chick through the gate and finding out the hard way.
                      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Maybe they had a device that just let them walk through the shields? Like the Kull warriors? After all, Anubis had to get that tech from somewhere. It's reasonable he knew about it from his ancient knowledge. They might also have gdos for when they're sending other people through. I'm betting the ancients didn't normally raise it though. After all the stairway has a big welcome to travellers written on it.

Comment

k, really? did my post turn invisible or something? :-P the ancient GDO is shown in either the eye or the storm in season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by dzineguy84
                            k, really? did my post turn invisible or something? :-P the ancient GDO is shown in either the eye or the storm in season 1.
                            Yeah, its about half the size of an Earth GDO. Cool. Good catch. ANd its obviously activated by the gene, cuz, as it says:

DORAN (looking at Kolya): Who are you?
                            KOLYA: Tell me the sequence of numbers to enter on this device.
                            DORAN (still held in a headlock by Sora): I can’t tell you that.
                            (Sora tightens her grip around his throat. He groans.)
                            SORA: It’s not worth dying for.
                            DORAN: You don’t-don’t understand. It’s my hand that you need to put in the code. That’s how it works.
                            KOLYA: And the shield of the Atlantis Stargate will be lowered?
                            DORAN: Yes, yes.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

That doesnt mean he has the gene, that means it's probably DNA specific to one user. Plus I reckon the PJ's can pass through the Atlantis gate shield. If you watch Rising you see one of them pass straight through the city shield, reasonable to assume it works on both.

http://www.savestargatesg-1.com
                              Originally posted by Unnamed due to Risk of Offending person
                              the processor of the gate thats what it is in plainsmen therm
                              Strangest thing Iv read on the forum so far!

And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Working...
                              X