PDA

View Full Version : SG-1's enemy after the Ori. . .

ultimategurion
July 26th, 2006, 04:11 AM
REPLIAPOPHIS!!!

Just think. SG-1 can use the puddle jumper time machine on another planet to search for some ancient tech they know was there a few years back during the Replicarter invasion of our Galaxy, and the planet just happens to be over-run by Replicators.

The team tries to find the ancient tech, but there are too many Replicators to mess with and their disruptor doesn't work.

BUT, the information they received about this tech states that when Apophis took over Sokar's domain, the device was on his new homeworld.

SOOOOO, SG-1 escapes to the puddle jumper time travel machine, but unknowingly a Replicator hitches a ride.

They go back in time to season 4, fly the ship to Apophis' new homeworld, undetected thanks to the cloaking of the puddle jumper, land, and find the device, then leave.

BUT, the Replicator sneaks off the ship, and begins to devour and multiply.

And since it comes from Season 8, it knows how to create human-form replicators, and after the Replicators over-run the planet, they make a human form replicator version of Apophis.

All of these Replicators, loyal to Replicarter, build a time machine (because the one on the puddle jumper studied the ship while it was in it), and appear in the Galaxy a few weeks before Replicarter shows up to help her out.

While these time traveling Replicators hide out in our Galaxy, knowing that currently they won’t survive in such small numbers, Repliapophis cloaks himself (another thing learned by the Replicator on the puddle jumper), and with the knowledge of Sam gained by Fifth, knows that the Quantum mirror is in Area 51. So, he dials the SGC by using Sam’s Iris Code when he knows Sam will be off world (he knows a working Iris code and when Sam will be off world, also thanks to Fifth’s data mining).

Repliapophis steps through the gate cloaked and undetected, leaves the base, sneaks into Area 51, finds the Quantum Mirror, and sends a signal to his sleeping breatheran to awaken, form a ship, and come to Earth’s orbit and beam him up (remember, the Replicators know how to use Asgard beam technology).

They go back to their hiding place, and Repliapophis uses the mirror to find all of the Repliapophises from other realities and bring them through.

THEN, the leading Repliapophis finds and steals Baal’s cloning device (which was also discussed at some length by SG-1 on the Puddle Jumper for whatever reason when the Replicator was on it), takes it back to his hiding place, adapts it to clone Human Formed Replicators, and sets it up to constantly produce more Repliapophises, thereby freeing up the Replicators that already exists to continue to replicate and build up ships, each of which will be commanded by a Repliapophis.

What a threat that would be!

This way, a fan favorite villain will be brought back, those who enjoy the Replicators will be as giddy as school girls, and anyone who hated the Ori will be pleased, because the whole Repliapophis story arc will change the course of season 8, making the entire Ori story arc irrelevant because it’ll be unlikely that Vala will survive or be able to reach the SGC and force Daniel to search for treasure on Earth, which in turn leads to the finding of the ancient long range communication device that let the Ori learn about us.

Enjoy!

Pharaoh Atem
July 26th, 2006, 05:48 AM
could make a good fanfic

ultimategurion
July 26th, 2006, 07:22 AM
could make a good fanfic

If I were actually being serious, it might. You know, I do currently have a lot of free time. I might give it a try.

This all started a few days ago when one of my friends who is re-watching all the seasons on DVD complained about how immortal Apophis was, until the beginning of season 5, that is. Then this came to me and I snarkily bombarded him with the prospect of Repliapophis. Needless to say, there was much groaning and eye roling. I love doing that to him.

Syera
July 26th, 2006, 07:39 AM
While these time traveling Replicators hide out in our Galaxy, knowing that currently they won’t survive in such small numbers, Repliapophis cloaks himself (another thing learned by the Replicator on the puddle jumper), and with the knowledge of Sam gained by Fifth, knows that the Quantum mirror is in Area 51. So, he dials the SGC by using Sam’s Iris Code when he knows Sam will be off world (he knows a working Iris code and when Sam will be off world, also thanks to Fifth’s data mining).
The Quantum Mirror was destroyed.

THEN, the leading Repliapophis finds and steals Baal’s cloning device (which was also discussed at some length by SG-1 on the Puddle Jumper for whatever reason when the Replicator was on it), takes it back to his hiding place, adapts it to clone Human Formed Replicators, and sets it up to constantly produce more Repliapophises, thereby freeing up the Replicators that already exists to continue to replicate and build up ships, each of which will be commanded by a Repliapophis.
Is that a cloning machine or a duplicating machine? You can't clone a replicator any more than you can clone a tin can.

This way, a fan favorite villain will be brought back, those who enjoy the Replicators will be as giddy as school girls, and anyone who hated the Ori will be pleased, because the whole Repliapophis story arc will change the course of season 8, making the entire Ori story arc irrelevant because it’ll be unlikely that Vala will survive or be able to reach the SGC and force Daniel to search for treasure on Earth, which in turn leads to the finding of the ancient long range communication device that let the Ori learn about us.
What about the fans who don't like replicators? :P

Ltcolshepjumper
July 26th, 2006, 07:41 AM

Is that a cloning machine or a duplicating machine? You can't clone a replicator any more than you can clone a tin can.

That's what replicating is for. Why steal a cloning device when all you have to do is make an exact replica of yourself. Isn't that what normal replicators do?:sheppard:

BC - 303
July 26th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Replipophis is just to fan ficy
and no one can still have credibility pretending that a whole year of the show didnt exist.

Syera
July 26th, 2006, 07:45 AM
That's what replicating is for. Why steal a cloning device when all you have to do is make an exact replica of yourself. Isn't that what normal replicators do?:sheppard:
Perhaps the hypothesis here is that the cloning machine would work faster? Come to think of it, we don't really know how long it takes to make a human-form replicator.

But since replicators have no DNA, they can't be cloned.

ultimategurion
July 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM

Then Repliapophis goes back into time to before it was destroyed and takes it. After all, he does have a Replicator Time Machine and would still know when Sam was off world and what her Iris code was and when the mirror was destroyed, thanks to Fifth's knowledge :P

Human-Formed Replicator. And I said he adapts the technology. But if exchanging one word for another even though the end result will be the same, fine, he takes Baal's clone device, studies it, and creates a duplicator machine that works in a similar fashion, but for robots.

You can't please everyone all the time, and I'm pretty sure the Ori are more hated these days.

Syera
July 26th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Replicator or human-formed replicator, neither one have DNA and cannot be cloned.

Now, a duplicator (known as a 'replicator' in Star Trek) would make a pattern of an object and re-create it on the atomic, possibly sub-atomic level. The Asgard seem to have this technology.

ultimategurion
July 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Perhaps the hypothesis here is that the cloning machine would work faster? Come to think of it, we don't really know how long it takes to make a human-form replicator.

But since replicators have no DNA, they can't be cloned.

Ok, in my story, Repliapophis is trying to make as many of himself as possible.
First, he does that by getting any alternate versions of himself as possible.
Secondly, he could replicate more of himself, but he needs his Replicators to focus on building an armada of ships, so he takes Baal's device and enhances it.

I'm pretty sure that's clear enough in my original post, though phrased differently.

The Prophet
July 26th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Human-Formed Replicator. And I said he adapts the technology. But if exchanging one word for another even though the end result will be the same, fine, he takes Baal's clone device, studies it, and creates a duplicator machine that works in a similar fashion, but for robots.

Repliapophis finds an Ancient Xerox Machine & Modifiers to Replicator Specs... :p ;)

Syera
July 26th, 2006, 07:53 AM
*Sigh* If Ba'al's device is a true cloning machine, then that would be like trying to enhance a still film camera into a digital movie camera.