This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA Season 1 better than SGA Season 2

I recon that season one was much better than season two.

What others think

--Gaz--

yes, season 1 was better
    I was rewatching s1 all the time when it aired
    In s2 I almost never did it.
    S2 was very rushed and cheesy. S2 was all about stupid behaviour.

Comment

Season one was way better than season two. The show felt like family (Ford, Stackhouse, Bates, Markham) in S1, but S2 lost a lot of that. I'm seeing it come back a bit in S3 with characters like Lorne, Cadman, and Zelenka, but it's just not the same.

I miss Aiden.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I love both seasons, and I think both of them are very good. I think I like season 2 a bit more, but both are great.

All the persons I know in real life that watch Atlantis think that season 1 was mediocre and season 2 was far much better, though.

Anyway, I think for each person you can find that thinks season 1 is better, there'll be another person that likes season 2 better. Difficult to please everybody at the same time. Nobody's right or wrong. Different expectations, preferences or whatever. To each his/her own

Comment

I think both seasons are different.

overall, s1 had mostly good, solid episodes...s2 had some great episodes and a couple of stinkers.

s1 had better character interraction, s2 had more explosions and stuff like that.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            s1 had better character interraction, s2 had more explosions and stuff like that.
            I guess we see things different. I like season 2 a bit more than season 1 because for ME season 2 was better in character development. All in the eyes of the beholder, I guess.

Comment

I disagree.

Season 1 floundered about and was, with the exception of 'Rising', 'Letters From Pegasus' and 'The Siege', very very dull and uninteresting.

Despite some big stinkers, Season 2 seems to be where the show has really found its footing and thus far Season 3 is even better. I'm quite happy with the show as it is progressing. Every season has been better than the last, placing Season 1 directly at the bottom.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell
                I recon that season one was much better than season two. What others think
                I think it was new *well yes * but it also stuck to my favourite thing about SGA, it was isolated and exploring the city! What happened to that?
                Spoiler:

Season two was more about Ford a dead end story if ever there was one, and this retro virus thing. That has done more to divide people then bring them together, the show needed heaps of development in season two which it never got, some say it was too focused on McKay (and Sheppard) which it was but then they were the only characters that had time spent on them being developed, so that was a given, TPTB are not going to stop doing something they think is working.

For me season 3 will be make or break, they either give us real development of all the characters and better exciting story arcs that don't have fans at each other throats (read the episode discussion threads) or they keep with the same old same old and die a death of a thousand cuts.

Comment

I liked both season 1 and 2. Hopefully 3 will rock as hard as the first two They need to find a new Ancient starship though!

Comment

Although s2 had some really good episodes, s1 was better overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell
                      I recon that season one was much better than season two.

What others think

--Gaz--
                      season 1 was good cause it was fresh and new and IMO season 2 was great
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I thought season 1 was way better than season 2 in many ways. Basically because it was it's own show and was totally cut off from Earth.
                        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                        Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                          I thought season 1 was way better than season 2 in many ways. Basically because it was it's own show and was totally cut off from Earth.
                          The problem with that is that is sorta like voygar but ford should never have been made bad
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

Both seasons were different. I liked both equally. All the shows seemed to give me something more about the SGA universe.
                            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                            Individuality is freedom lived.
                            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I found season one to be mostly average-to-good, with a few excellent episodes (Rising, The Siege, The Defiant One), whereas I thought season two was mostly very good, with a couple of excellent episodes, and a couple of stinkers (Epiphany, Trinity).
                              I preferred season two.

Comment

Working...
                              X