This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi To Start Remaining Episodes In March

Sure to reign havoc on the forums- the article does state that it's a rumour.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ingepiso.shtml

Enjoy the summer of all-new episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis while it lasts. SCI FI Channel in the U.S. will take a 6-month hiatus starting in September, with the second half of the current season to begin in March, according to a report from last week's San Diego Comic Con event.

just when i thought SciFi couldn't piss me off more they do this crap
    lets hope its a rumor

Comment

This kind of bites. Six months is a long time to wait for the second half of SG-1. I wonder, if with the remaining episodes to be aired in March, when the season withll be over with. I'm flying to Russia for the summer and do not want to miss the season finale!

I guess it may best for the show or network.

Comment

terrible news...

Comment

meh, BSG will be airing during then anyway.

Comment

That is true. At least there is BSG.

Comment

That's a long time to wait. Not sure how I feel about it....

Have they already started to film the second half of the season?

Comment

This would be a long wait, however it could be good for the series for the same reason they are doing it for BSG. It would mean if the shows get renewed that they would run concurently without a break or at least a short break in have a feeling that if they are doing it this way that the shows will get renewed and they would show the series without a break, and the longer break from september to march would give them time to film another season. It could help the show in the long run instead of hurting it.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

People would be so much less pissed off if they explained WHY when they announced that they were doing it instead of saying "HAHA KTHX BAI" and not telling us what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    That's a long time to wait. Not sure how I feel about it....

Have they already started to film the second half of the season?
                    Yup, I think episodes 11-13 have been already filmed.
                    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Supposedly Doctor Who will air with BSG...
                      sigpic

Comment

It depends on why this is being done. If it's part of a long-term strategy to change the pattern of their yearly schedule, it might not be a bad thing. I've never really understood the whole 'start in July and then take a long hiatus to allow your audience to drift away' mentality, so if, in the long-run, this meant a season 11 could be aired in one block, it could be OK. On the other hand, if it's being done as a panic move because of low ratings, it doesn't bode well.

Comment

I have no idea *if true* why they would do this other then to say the franchise is not doing well. If it wasn't doing well then why not just finish it this year and be done with it... how does SciFi normally deal with their shows? I don't know much else they have and I don't watch BSG. Is this normal SciFi practice *if true*?

What about the actors and the crew, are they to sit around. I suppose it would be long enough to get some movies in but then that still must mean a whole year without filming... I do hope it is for the actors and crew just another rumour.

Comment

That's the big news on GW... It tells us to treat it like a rumor, but it's probably true...

How can they do that? The 3 months were long enough and now 6 months? The shows are bound to lose even more viewers if you ask me..
                            If that's true, will Canada change its schedule, too?

And what is that gonna do to the season premieres? I don't want to think negative here, but could that have anything to do with the fact that they might let both shows run on their final season?
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

i hope it is true then me and other people in the uk who have sky one can have some of the season premiears like we did in season 8
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X