Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if you were part of the IOA. What would you say? - Massive Spoilers - Becareful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if you were part of the IOA. What would you say? - Massive Spoilers - Becareful!

Ok, I'm going to warn everyone! I'll try my best to use the spoiler tags as often as I can!

==================

What if you were a member of the IOA, what would you say about the Atlantis' team's abilty to work and solve problems?

I would say:

Spoiler:

1) The Loss of the Orion
    The orion is probably the 2nd best tech avalible to us that was left from the Ancients. The ship would probably be stronger in terms of tech in comparison to the Daedalus.

The fact that McKay, and Weir's decision to allow for the download of the Wraith files was neglegent at best. As Teyla said, "They are wraith." For them to spread these files from not one "un-networked computer" to a bunch of networked computers caused the loss of the Orion.

Though the Atlantis team did thrort the Wraith in their incursion to the Milky Way, the lost of the Orion is the biggest lost in the advancements of the Atlantis team.

2) The Loss of a Wraith Hive Ship

Again, another negligent issue that was not learned from events leading up to the loss of the Orion. Back in Michael, Michael's memory was erased, but then he gradually learned that he was a wraith but did not have any proof. Though Dr.Beckket did improve on the Wraith retrovirus, the psychological effect still lingered. We still don't know (even as Misboggetton was going on) that the psychological residual effect was still around.

The fact that they didn't leave the Hu-Wraiths behind and kept on testing them was horrible. They should have just gotten rid of them and made sure that the threat is eliminated.

In our history, theres been times where we as a society had to get rid of dangerous information that could lead to our demise. For instance, Caudwell did mention to Sheppard to kill Ford because he is a threat to the existance of Atlantis.

In military advantages, the Daedalus still does not have the overwhelming advantage over the Wraith. The Wraith's tech could have been studied and integrated in future designs of Earth's ships. The lost of the hive ship could set us back further because with that hive ship, we should have been able to learn how the wraith jammed our beaming tech!!!

3) Michael may still be out there

The fact that Michael lived, and now instead of one person to deal with, you have several dozens of Wraith who knows that Atlantis still exist is even more troublesome. The Atlantis expedition again should have killed them all.

4) Constant Drain on the ZPM

The constant use of the ZPM's energy should be talked about to.

1) They keep on dialing the gate for more than two seconds (keeping the gate one). Definite drain

2) They sent Richard Woosey back through the gate to Earth using an active wormhole.

Remember the ZPM used in Lost city, after the use of the Ancient Weapon system, the ZPM had barely enough power to send the expedition to Atlantis. Now Atlantis keeps on Wasting ZPM power.....

I hate you weir!
    =========
    what else huh?

Last edited by McSwift; 23 July 2006, 09:29 AM.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Oh right.

Impeach Weir! Lets put Caudwell in charge, at least he can take charge properly....

Spoiler:

Damn you weir. You caused us to lose two friggin ships over the past 2 episodes.

Whats next? We lose Atlantis!!!!
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

One of these day we'll get a ship that lasts for more than a few episodes.... some day... *gazes longingly into the sky*
      MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
      Spoiler:
      Snape kills Dumbledore
      Spoiler:
      Darth Vader is Luke's Father
      Spoiler:
      Rosebud is a sled
      Spoiler:
      Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
      Spoiler:
      The planet of the apes is actually Earth
      Spoiler:
      The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
      Spoiler:
      Clark Kent is Superman
      Spoiler:
      What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

First off,I could never be on the IOA because I can't stand theFrench Guy and anyone playing the Chinese person. Especially the woman Chonese peson. She got on my nerves. Can't you all just smell the 'own agenda' stench she had. I hate talking to those people (attitude, not chinese people) No matter what you say they will spin it in there favor which doesn't even make sense. But makes perfect sense in there head some how.

So IF I WAS, I would tell Weir not to weary about it and go and do her job. Then I wouldremind her taht it is all herfault if something goes bad and if verything goes rightthen it is all because of me. just ike real politics. Then I would tell her how me and the Russian have been slipping Viccine eye drops in the Chineses drink and she has had the runs sense she got her. It gives us a piece of mind when she is gone in the can.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I would make sure that Weir was fired and replaced by somoene competent.
          We're whalers on the moon,
          We carry a harpoon.
          But there ain't no whales
          So we tell tall tales
          And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

I tend to think of the IOA as an SG alternative to the UN. Then comparing it with the UN peacekkeepers effectiveness of solving major conflict (think Kosovo ,East Timor etc) the way Atlantis is run or Dr Weirs performance may not look that bad after all .They look like they're doing 'something' at least. But thats purely my speculation on my part .

Comment

Originally posted by Oka
              I would make sure that Weir was fired and replaced by somoene competent.
              She's competent. If she wasn't then she would still be on Earth waiting for a respons on what to do. Although if she is fired then that would mean that the Civilian led Expidition failed and command would be replaced by all a military commander.
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

I think the only thing that Weir has done that was a real bad move was the decision to send the Orion with the Daedalus. The orion had barely functional shields, and with the possible loss of crew and technology. I can't understand what possible strategic advantage could have been gained. Besides that shes been perfectly competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                  I think the only thing that Weir has done that was a real bad move was the decision to send the Orion with the Daedalus. The orion had barely functional shields, and with the possible loss of crew and technology. I can't understand what possible strategic advantage could have been gained. Besides that shes been perfectly competent.
                  There are so many wrong's she's done..it's not funny. But I have to ask, so it was okay of her to have Michael brought back to Atlantis?! Oooh, wonderful idea....please!

But on another note..if I was the IOA, I would say.

"Congratulations Dr. Weir, not only have you put two galaxies in jeopardy; but you were also able to destroy two invaluable ships within hours/days of one another. I think you should put that on your stellar resume...right after allowing the enemy wraith to recon base information."
                  ---East Asian Lady (since I'm a lady and she's the ONLY Lady on the board...darn it!)

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                  She's competent. If she wasn't then she would still be on Earth waiting for a respons on what to do. Although if she is fired then that would mean that the Civilian led Expidition failed and command would be replaced by all a military commander.
                  Should I even bother mentioning our great American President of the 21st century?! Or would that be too OT?!

VB
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

If I were the IOA I would take a seat in a big leather chair in a classic decorated office room and assume the Donald Trump position with Weir in front of me. I'd then say, raising finger like Thor and D. Trump: "You're fired! Now get out of my eyes, I can stand the incompetence around me." Then I'd watch her run away crying and in disbelieve. I'd then call Sheppard and say, in the same manner: "You're warned and the new commander of Atlantis will be..." *A person walks out of the shades* "... Harry Maybourne. Dismissed."
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                      If I were the IOA I would take a seat in a big leather chair in a classic decorated office room and assume the Donald Trump position with Weir in front of me. I'd then say, raising finger like Thor and D. Trump: "You're fired! Now get out of my eyes, I can stand the incompetence around me." Then I'd watch her run away crying and in disbelieve. I'd then call Sheppard and say, in the same manner: "You're warned and the new commander of Atlantis will be..." *A person walks out of the shades* "... Harry Maybourne. Dismissed."
                      Maybourne! lmao. That was a joke right, if not im pretty sure your not allowed to use the word incompetence anymore. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                        Should I even bother mentioning our great American President of the 21st century?! Or would that be too OT?!

VB
                        I love our Great American President. If only he would just shut the hell up. If i wanted a speaker I would have voted for the other guy. Poor Bush has to clean up Clintons and his Fathers mess. Poor guy. And get blamed for everything in the process.

So what about those WMD's.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                          I love our Great American President. If only he would just shut the hell up. If i wanted a speaker I would have voted for the other guy. Poor Bush has to clean up Clintons and his Fathers mess. Poor guy. And get blamed for everything in the process.

So what about those WMD's.
                          I love how he says the evil S word. and everyones shocked like hes not a regular guy from texas. They think he needs to be some kind of idol.

Comment

if it was me i would pout a military in charged of the expedition

i mean come on

spoilers

Spoiler:
                            we lost the orion -full of ancient tech

the wraith found out where earth was

we lost a hive ship more tech we could have learned from

weir screwed up the greatest opportunity Atlantis will ever get in terms of getting advanced alien technology and would have done so much faster then the SGC did
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would definately reprimand Weir, and tell her everywhere she went wrong. However, on the whole I think she made some good decisions, more so in the first season, so I might give her a probationary period...and not send Woolsey to lie for her. I'd go myself to keep an eye on her (and, er, her chief of science ).

If she failed that, and I fear she would if she continued on as she had, I would instate a military commander. Can we really complain about the job General Hammond did all those years? And I think Caldwell would be fine in that position, though it would sadden me to give away the Dedalus to someone else.
                              *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                              *~*
                              sigpic
                              *~*
                              photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X