Clear All

SG1 - View RDA, AT, CJ, CB and MS Video Interviews

From SciFi Pulse:

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

OR

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/video/

OR

http://www.scifi.com/stargate/video/behindthescenes/

Exclusive Interviews from the Television Critics Association party.

Clips include:

* Anderson on the 200th episode of SG-1
    Richard Dean Anderson talks with SCIFI Wire about 10 seasons of SG-1.

* "Shanks on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Tapping on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* "Judge on the 200th episode of SG-1"

* Black on the 200th episode of SG-1

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 23 July 2006, 12:53 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Richard Dean Anderson - Transcription of Video Interview from SciFi Pulse

Video file is located at SciFi Pulse:

Running time approximately 3 minutes.

"When the whole thing started, we had a two season pickup from Showtime. And within -- I think it was either six episodes or six months, they picked up for another two years. So we had four seasons coming out of the gate. That was kind of an indicator that we might have a future. But it takes more than just a notion that something's going to happen. When I met Brad Wright and then subsequently Robert Cooper, I -- you know there's some obvious talent genes floating in those two guys. And Paul and Joe and the rest of the guys have all contributed to the scripts. It doesn't surprise me, that in retrospect, ten years have gone by. They're prolific and talented, and smart, and at some times, funny. (laughs)"

"Brad and Robert both called and asked if I would be interested in being part of the 200th episode. I wouldn't miss that, it's a milestone. As you may have heard tonight, it's a record [for an American SF show]. Two different kinds of records, and I think Guinness wants a part of us, too. I was kind of ready to come back and see the folks. If they hadn't invited me to come back to work for a little while, I would have been up there anyway vacationing and checking in with everybody. In fact, my daughter and I, Wylie and I are leaving tomorrow to go back up there. [Wylie runs up to RDA and hugs his knees.] We're going to go up to a friend's cabin and spend some time north of Vancouver."

"I guess the ultimate question - what's GOING to happen to O'Neill, since he is still alive. I'm hoping that, God forbid this show should be over, but if it is, I'd love to be seen just floating away into space naked. Or partially naked. Or CGI naked."

"They tell me that the "MacGyver" audience came along with me, and there's already the "Stargate" franchise fans, so that combination created enough of an interest to give us some legs. And certainly if you're on for any length of time, and you're good -- consistently good -- people are going to be drawn to it. So I think that's where we stand. And now we have a -- I don't know, I don't keep track of ratings, but apparently they're okay enough to still be around. The question is, will they be around next year?"

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Photo of RDA from June 2, 1997, at the MGM Launch party for the premiere of SG1.

(Series premiered on July 27, 1997, on Showtime.)

Photo of RDA from the 200th episode TCA party:

There's an additional version of RDA's comments from the TCA party at SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=37128

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Christopher Judge - Transcription of Video Interview from SciFi Pulse

Christopher: "Well, I mean, honestly, to do anything for ten years is quite remarkable. You know, on paper -- I knew going in we had a shot at five years, because I knew the movie had been successful, and that Richard Dean Anderson was the lead in it, that Brad Wright [who walks by as CJ mentions his name], was the Executive Producer. [Brad kibitz with CJ and walks away.] So I knew that we had a shot to go five -- a pretty good shot to go five years, if we didn't get in its way. But to have doubled that -- you know, five years used to be, and still is, the magic number for series [for syndication purposes] -- and to have double that is just so remarkable. And truly just one of the overwhelming things is that we're not showing any signs of slowing down. And it's just been a fantastic experience."

"The pilot will always stand out for me, because it was the beginning of the magic. It's what kind of kicked it all of. The 100th was another one, "Heroes" was another one, and the 200th, because it's probably the most fun I've ever had filming anything in this business. I mean it truly was two weeks of laughter. And it truly is a thank you to the fans for ten years of support."

"One of the great things about working with people for ten years, is you go through all their personal changes with them also. We’ve gone through each other's marriages, divorces, births of children, and births of more children. I myself have -- my daughter was born right when we started, and I've since had another daughter. I think that's a great thing that all we know each other's families, and we know each other's extended families, and that's one of the great things that comes about with working with a group of people for this long."

"Things are dicey for Teal'c now. There's another species threatening to plague the galaxy, so that presents a particular challenge for he and his people who have just recently been emancipated. I look forward to Teal'c and his people, the Jaffa Nation, being a prime player in the battle against the Ori."

"We've got a few special guest stars for the 200th. It's great to have the 'old man' back. He was the icing on the cake. So I think everyone's really going to love this one. To see no signs of the show slowing down after ten years -- I mean, who knows, you know, it'll be something if we're here for the 400th!" (laughs)

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Photo of Chris from June 2, 1997, at the MGM Launch party for the premiere of SG1.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
      Last edited by morjana; 23 July 2006, 01:53 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Amanda Tapping - Transcription of Video Interview from SciFi Pulse

Running time approximately 3.5 minutes (the longest interview).

Male Reporter (Patrick Lee from SciFi Wire?): "Stargate's been on the air for ten years…how's that played out for you?"

Amanda: "Hello! That's a decade of my life! (laughs) It's been great. It's been amazing. I had no idea it would last this long. I think when I signed on I thought -- well, we knew for sure two years, I thought maybe five, and then on seven, that's the scifi, you know, the genre (searches for word…)…that's been set, that's the mode that's been set. And then we got higher ratings in seven than we'd ever gotten, so they said keep going! The show that won't end!"

Amanda: "So we went through a lot of issues. I had a baby! She comes to work with me and that makes things interesting. You know, I grew up -- I think I really grew up on this show. People say you grow up when you're in teens or your twenties, but really I think you grow up a little later than that. I think I came into my own. And my character did too. So it's been kind of cool."

Amanda: (about Sam) "She's more fun. She's got a sense of humor, she's not so, she's not that didactic feminist soapbox linear thinking character -- (lowers voice) 'trying to prove herself in a man's world.' She's really comfortable with who she is. And she's a lot more fun. She laughs much easier than she used to."

Reporter: "Remember that first speech you gave? You guys actually made fun of it."

Amanda: "Yeah, you have to. Come on, you have to. We did make fun of it in the 200th episode [apparently AT forgot about "Moebius, Part 2] with the puppets, we made fun of it. Which I think is a good thing. Somebody had to say something. When shot the pilot, I was still under contract -- my contract read that if they didn't like me after the pilot, they could get rid of me. So, through the pilot all of us were on our best behavior, doing every line exactly as written, doing exactly as were told. And then after the pilot, when I found out that they were going to keep me and my character, I went to the writers and said, 'Okay, you what, women don't talk like that. Really -- they don't!' And our writers are amazing, it's an open door, and they listen to what we have to say, and that informs our characters, so it's been really great. But thankfully, I was able to…" (couldn't hear the words).

Reporter: "And there's a special guest star coming up in the 200th episode?"

Amanda: "There is a special guest star in the 200th episode. Yes, we're very happy to have Richard Dean Anderson back on the show for the 200th. And he walked in without missing a beat. He was Rick, pure Rick! He walked onto the set and went 'Hello,' and we all went, 'he's back!' It's great! So maybe that opens the door to see more of him."

Amanda: (about the 200th episode) "Oh my god! It's fun! It's full of -- it's the most joyous episode. It was written with joy, you can tell when you talk to Brad [Wright] and Rob [Cooper], and Paul [Mullie] and Joe [Mallozzi], that they had fun writing it. We send up everything we've ever talked about on the show, or our fans have talked about, or little dangling threads, like, 'who are the Furlings.' The things that the fans ask about, we send it up. We address everything -- we take the Mickey, it's sort of a British expression, but we make fun of everything. Including ourselves. I hope people really enjoy it."

Reporter: "Can you tell me what fans can expect for the tenth season?"

Amanda: "More Ori. Big, huge battles. Big - we have big episodes, like BIG episodes. I don't know we pack into one hour the stuff that's written on the page. It's huge. But we basically continue the threat of the Ori, and that's a huge threat, and that's like our new storyline. It's a huge arc for us. That's where we're going. Big!"

Reporter: "Any regrets in the past ten years?"

Amanda: "Ah! You know what, I'll take whatever comes my way. I'm grateful. I'm very grateful. It's been a lot of fun to be on this show. So, I don't ever want to be one of those actors who goes, 'enough already!' Because, I'm really lucky. I've got a steady gig. It's great."

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Photo of Amanda from June 2, 1997, at the MGM Launch party for the premiere of SG1.

Photo of Amanda from the 200th episode TCA party:

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana
        Last edited by morjana; 23 July 2006, 01:51 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Michael Shanks - Transcription of Video Interview from SciFi Pulse

Michael: "I thought I was getting a nice gig that would go on for six months, that would give me some camera experience, and get me off sleeping on my friend's couch in Toronto. And a decade later, here we are, standing back on the same lawn that we standing on ten years ago when we had the opening night TCA launch party for the show. So, it's humbling and it's amazing in a lot of ways. A lot has gone on under the bridge, we're very happy to still be doing the show."

"You know, single guy, 26, when I started the show. Here I am 35, and three children later, and a tremendous amount of personal growth is all I can say. A lovely family that I have around me. It's a whole different world than we started the show for sure. And my lovely wife occasionally drops by to visit us and work with us. And that's been a tremendous blessing for both of us, because as we talk about it, we actually get to spend adult quality time on the set together, so it's fun."

"Well, he's [Daniel] died more than anyone else, I'll say that! I mean, his hair has changed, let's face it, I had the David Cassidy do in the first season, and now it's -- I don't know what you'd call [tugs on his hair], it's kind of like 'dead-muskrat-on-head.' So yeah, my hair has gone through a tremendous of changes, but…He's gone through a lot of personal changes, he's gone from being sort of naïve, innocent, idealistic to wanting to be, you know, a little Richard Dean Anderson clone being pessimistic and sarcastic as well. So, it's been a lot of fun to play through the evolution, because God knows I would have slit my own wrists a few years ago if they kept saying, 'play it the same way, that's great.' So, they've allowed the character to evolve over time."

"My daughters have made guest appearances on the show. One as a fetus ["Secrets"]. And also in a -- and eight years later, last year…eight and half years later, made her first appearance as fetus, and then mace her next appearance as an eight year old last year. And my daughter, Mia, is also making an appearance in the series as well. Those are great memories."

"A lasting memory? I can't help but think of it. It's Christopher Judge's butt hole. And that's not a positive memory. It's just an overwhelming memory for me, because somehow it's always taken prominence in my career of shooting the show. Uhm…it's not what you think, "Out Magazine." I share a trailer port-a-potty with him. So, every day, I know what he had for dinner the night before. That's all I'll say."

"Claudia Black is a regular on the show, so we get to have a little bit of fun together. I've always enjoyed working with her, since season eight when we first met her character. And now she's a regular on the show. Having her there every day is a wonderful -- it's just a treat for me. It's the reason why I'm still there, I think, as far as I'm concerned. Her daughter ends up becoming our main villain. Morena Baccarin is a wonderful actress, from "Firefly," who's a great guest star as well. We sort of have -- I wouldn't call it a 'romantic interlude,' but there's some sort of interlude between the two of them, and this has a romantic connection. So that's been a lot of fun."

"This year we get to have a nice storyline, where Daniel finally gets to go to Atlantis, which has been something that we've been talking about for a long time, which the writers finally, bless them, wrote for me. Also, we've had a tremendous lot of fun this year."

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Photo of Michael from June 2, 1997, at the MGM Launch party for the premiere of SG1.

Photo of Michael from the 200th episode TCA party:

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Claudia Black - Transcription of Video Interview from SciFi Pulse

Claudia: "I must say, if you're going to be the new-kid-on-the-block, you should come to SG-1. Because everyone is very relaxed on set, a very good atmosphere, they shoot very quickly because they've been doing it for so long, they know what they're doing. But also means that they're incredibly adept, and they're very friendly. Not a day goes by on set that I'm not laughing with my SG-1 crewmates. I really love them; I'm very, very fond of them. And I couldn't ask for more."

"Shooting the 200th episode was so great for everybody. I kept thinking of beautiful Christine McQuarrie, our costume designer, who had extraordinary amounts of things to do, but they always rise to the opportunity to be creative. I could see how excited they were with all the little vignettes within the episode. I don't think they have left a stone unturned for the fans. I know that there's been a huge emphasis on injecting a lot of humor that is purely for the fans benefit. We have Willie Garson [Martin Lloyd] back from the 100th episode [and "Point of No Return"]. Who is a complete riot to work with again, he gave some really good poker tips. And of course, Mr. RDA, who finally got to meet and work with. Although, ironically, I spent more time with him recently on another episode than I did during the 200th."

"My daughter is a naughty girl! She just won't listen! And it's kind of shocking as an actress my age, you know, I'm still young enough to maybe having daughters [pantomimes a child at her knee height] …now maybe I could play mothers and they're toddlers, or they're just starting to talk. But to have someone who, you know, Morena, who portrays the mature age daughter, who has just been on "Firefly" and "Serenity" -- she's a friend of mine now, but it makes me feel very old that she's my onscreen daughter. Yeah, really comfortable about that."

"Vala has some big changes, significant changes in her life. She's still cheeky old Vala, and that's why I love her and still enjoy playing her. But I mean with things -- the more level, the more depth to her. I think that Daniel Jackson has got it right to an extent when he psychoanalyzes her; he's not far off the truth of her having a bad childhood and the way she over compensates sometimes. We see her making great efforts -- certainly in the last episode of season nine, she sacrifices her life, or so she thinks, for their benefit, because she feels someone has to do something and she feels that she can potentially save the situation. So she does have some merit, and it's nice to see in season ten -- that she's -- I don't think she's ever going to be entirely rehabilitated and being an entirely responsible human being, but she's still got her old spark, but she's got some depth to her too."

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
            X