X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you like the character of John Sheppard

By request a poll thread.

The general rules, discuss the CHARACTER all you want, leave the ACTOR out of it. Be aware that others may post opinions contrary to your own. Please respect them.
    Yes
    80.45%
    No
    13.64%
    Don't really care
    5.91%
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Yes I do

I didn't like the 'kirking' in season two, but despite the Kirking, Sheppard is a character I continue to enjoy, and I think the character has an added depth to him. He's more than just the team leader, he's a fully realized person, and that's why I'm drawn to him.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll start the ball rolling with a big fat NO. (1) The character is so wooden that he leaves splinters in his wake (2) Enough with the sh@g the babe of the week stuff (3) I thought my only my daughter used that 'Kicked Puppy' look to get what she wanted (4) I know it's a TV show and Sheppard is a character in said show but if he were a real military officer he'd be in prison by now (5) Save the show and promote Lorne, Please. That's all I can come up with for now but I'm sure I can think of something else

Comment

John is the main reason for tuning in for me. I love the complexities of the character that Joe manages to convey perfectly underneath the glossy exterior. To be honest when I first began watching I didn't expect to become so enamoured of the character because I dismissed him as eyecandy. Whoo boy! Was I wrong.

Comment

He's somewhat flawed, but likeable. Got boyish charm in spades and steps up to the leadership plate as needed.
          sigpic

Comment

Whee! A poll! I'm sure the "No"s are going to get trashed royally but WTH!

Comment

I think he's a fab character! Very complex and mysterious with a dry sense of humour.

Love him to bits!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Yes I do

I didn't like the 'kirking' in season two, but despite the Kirking, Sheppard is a character I continue to enjoy, and I think the character has an added depth to him. He's more than just the team leader, he's a fully realized person, and that's why I'm drawn to him.
                I concur.
                Sheppard good.
                Writing of captain James T Sheppard bad.

Note I didn’t think the scene in NML was bad. Little subtle stuff is fine. It’s even fine if you have an ep every once in a great while where he kirks and another character on the show makes a crack about him being a Kirk. But when the writers keep going back to the well, not realizing its dry and they are just pulling out mud, then it makes me unhappy. Especially when they seem to resist the much cooler aspects of Sheppard and dont really give us any background on him.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I love the many layers to John Sheppard, from the wisecracking flyboy to the darker solider underneath. He's been one of the main reasons I fell in love with SGA in the first place. I love that he has his flaws just as much as the next guy, and I'm looking forward to seeing his character progress even more this next season.
                  Thanks to Leelakin for the sig!

Comment

Sheppard isn't my favourite Atlantis character, but I like him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Shep Code
                      I love the many layers to John Sheppard, from the wisecracking flyboy to the darker solider underneath. He's been one of the main reasons I fell in love with SGA in the first place. I love that he has his flaws just as much as the next guy, and I'm looking forward to seeing his character progress even more this next season.

*Completely and totally agrees* 100%
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

I still say I like Sheppard. He's entertaining and totally hot. I do have my issues with him though, and I'd beg on my knees for some backstory or character development. But it's still a yes.

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by andi_b
                          I still say I like Sheppard. He's entertaining and totally hot. I do have my issues with him though, and I'd beg on my knees for some backstory or character development. But it's still a yes.
                          Oh agreed! I really want more backstory on him.
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Yay, my poll has been opened. Fast, too! Thanks Skydiver!

Firstly, my reasons for this poll request was the never ending discussion about the character of John Sheppard, especially after the last episode ('Misbegotten')
                            I was just curious to find out what people generally think about John Sheppard..

I voted a big, fat 'YES'! The guy is funny, caring, nice, brave etc. He is a good leader and cares more about others than himself. He hasn't had an easy life and he has his flaws... Absolutely LOVE his philosophy of 'we leave nobody behind' and how he acts on it, no matter what the cost...
                            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                              Whee! A poll! I'm sure the "No"s are going to get trashed royally but WTH!
                              Why would they be? We don't like "thrashing" anybody, do we guys?
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Working...
                              X