Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(no mans land spoilers) do you the wraith have tractor beams?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(no mans land spoilers) do you the wraith have tractor beams?

i tried to ask this question in another thread but it was poorly worded so i'm gonna try again...in the episode no mans land after shepard diasables the hives hyper drive his f-302 is attacked and seemingly disabled...how did john then get on board the hive? the episode shows his f-302 drifting towards the hive so did they tracter beam him in? i'm pretty sure the f-302 wasn't moving itself(it was drifting at an angle) and i can't see hives pulling the same manuever as the odessy in flesh and blood..
    Spoiler:
    flying towards carter and getting her into the hanger bay
    so how did he get there?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
    i tried to ask this question in another thread but it was poorly worded so i'm gonna try again...in the episode no mans land after shepard diasables the hives hyper drive his f-302 is attacked and seemingly disabled...how did john then get on board the hive? the episode shows his f-302 drifting towards the hive so did they tracter beam him in? i'm pretty sure the f-302 wasn't moving itself(it was drifting at an angle) and i can't see hives pulling the same manuever as the odessy in flesh and blood..
    Spoiler:
    so how did he get there?
    Oh, I get it now. You mean after the wraith shot off his wing, right? I think there is some kinda hangar bay up there. But yeah, the Asgard have one. The Ancients probably do. So I could see the wraith having one as well
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
      and i can't see hives pulling the same manuever as the odessy in flesh and blood..
      Spoiler:
      so how did he get there?
      Actually i think that's exactly what they did, maybe they could have a tractor beam of sorts but we really just have no idea.

Comment

yeah...have we ever seen what a tractor beam looks like in stargate??? i know one was used on the prometheus but was it ever seen?
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Posted on your other thread, but here's what I said...

Originally posted by Rarocks24
          His fighter was disabled and the hive ship decided to recover him, more than likely under the Queen's orders. I mean, here I am, the Wraith Queen (the one in the sig), my newly advanced hyperdrive gets completely and utterly destroyed thereby stranding them out in the vast void between Pegasus and the Milky Way, especially after I've set up this elaborate plan to steal the hyperdrive information and the location of Earth.

She had to vent her sadistic urges on him. Besides, there's also the fact that Wraith Queens seem to like Sheppard, particularly after Conversion.
          But now that I understand the question, yes, I think the Wraith have tractor beam capability, but they may have just decided to use a dart and cull him out of the fighter.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

It's hard to tell in this pic, but this was when the Prometheus got stuck in a tractor beam.

Comment

oh right i think i can see it how would a dart cull him...he was in a f-302 can they cull through objects?

Comment

Actually i think they Did just manuver it into the hanger

Comment

Seeing as they can beam through houses and stuff, leaving everything else untouched, I strongly believe they could if they tried. His fighter was disabled when it happened, so it couldn't fly away from the culling beam.

Comment

Actually i think they Did just manuver it into the hanger
                    i doubt it was hard enough for the odessy and hives are much bigger and less manueverable...
                    when have culling beams been used through houses?

Comment

Letters From Pegasus

Comment

Guess ill rewatch the episode but I do remember it well

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                          Letters From Pegasus
                          Too bad we don't know what the hell that thing was. Nobody can make any conclusions based upon what we've seen of it.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

i reckon theres a giant electro magnet on the hive

"But the core of science fiction, is essance has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all..."

Dont let our show die.

Comment

Actually, no the Prometheus wasn't held in a tractor beam in that pic. THey were held becasue the cloud had disabled just about everything.
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X