PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis' need for a ZPM

josh
July 21st, 2006, 03:38 AM
Atlantis' need for more ZPM's: If the warriors of the Sodan could build personal cloaking wristbands from the writings of their ansestors (the ancients), whats to stop McKay finding a ZPM instruction manual in the Atlantis database. Maybe it wouldnt be as exiting as finding one but its an idea.

Or otherwise, ZPM's had to be 'made' somewhere! Why doesn't the Atlantis team search the database to find where!

SGFerrit
July 21st, 2006, 03:57 AM
It would take a VERY long time to go through all the info in the database, though I think it could happen within the next few seasons (providing the ratings are OK:(). I wonder if they have a search function like we have here at Gateworld?

mrX225
July 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM
because they are lazy

josh
July 21st, 2006, 04:08 AM
yea it would be handy!

also though... i would of thought there would have been a reference that Mckay could have spotted in Stargate Atlantis "Trinity", that could have linked to a possible place where ZPM's are built. who knows, if there was... its too late now. lol

Cory Holmes
July 21st, 2006, 04:28 AM
It seems that the Ancients never really thought about who might use their technology after they left it behind. They've left no instruction manuals and no Google function for their database. As for building more ZedPMs, I'm certain McKay could figure out how to turn on a factory as soon as he found it and had enough raw material to feed into one end.

Lokii
July 21st, 2006, 06:17 AM
I think this is something that the writers are keeping a mystery for as long as possible. It looks like we may get some answers on this front thie season.

If they had ful powered city right off the bat, there would be less drama.

A slower pace of technological advancement is better for the show in the long run, but too slow can frustrate the fans.

Ltcolshepjumper
July 21st, 2006, 06:21 AM
Maybe Atlantis has something like that thing on the Daniel Jackson(Thor's science vessel) which made the disruptor.:sheppard:

Cameron Mitchel
July 21st, 2006, 06:30 AM
Yeah, there has to be a factory somewhere in Atlantis where they manufacture ZPMs

tobi
July 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM
Atlantis' need for more ZPM's: If the warriors of the Sodan could build personal cloaking wristbands from the writings of their ansestors (the ancients), whats to stop McKay finding a ZPM instruction manual in the Atlantis database. Maybe it wouldnt be as exiting as finding one but its an idea.

I think it is a little bit harder to build a zpm than a cloak. After all it's the most powerfull energy source they know of

Promethius30
July 21st, 2006, 07:46 AM
why can't the atlantis data base have a surch bat it would be so mutch easer

rarocks24
July 21st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Hmm, perhaps OS X's spotlight function would work. That'd be hilariously funny. Some dude brings his mac, connects to the network, types in ZPM in Spotlight, and there's the information.

As it stands though, that is absurdedly out of the question, but fun to think of nonetheless. :D

Dutch_Razor
July 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
whats to stop McKay finding a ZPM instruction manual in the Atlantis database.

The Ancients didn't use Google desktop search, they used the Windows search service and turned off indexing service to speed up the Atlantis mainframe.

Therefore, the database does not have a search system so you cannot find anything in it :P

rarocks24
July 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
The Ancients didn't use Google desktop search, they used the Windows search service and turned off indexing service to speed up the Atlantis mainframe.

Therefore, the database does not have a search system so you cannot find anything in it :P
Which seems kind of stupid don't ya think, considering here they are in Pegasus trying to learn and study the Ancients.

stevieg
July 21st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah, there has to be a factory somewhere in Atlantis where they manufacture ZPMs
there doesnt have to be a factory and ill tell you why i think so,
perhaps containing a region of subspace in a container is very difficult not to mention hazardous,i mean the mark 2 naq generator is only able to power the chair device because its held at a point of(in makays words)"barely contained overload" so we could safely assume that making a zpm would take an extreme amount of skill to compensate for the subspace affects like in that ep where they found the weapon more powerful than a zpm(not sure of the ep name,
so if the manufacturing process would be as hazardous as that weapon which destroyed an entire planet when it overloaded,it would be inadvisable to have the factory in the crowning achievement of their race

PG15
July 21st, 2006, 10:52 AM

Now, if only this forum had a Search system, then we won't be getting this old thread again.

;)

Cam_Mitchell
July 21st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Naaa they wont find it to soon because if they made them then they would make enough for atlintis to fly. This would be trajic as then atlantis would not be an outpost anymore and it would suck.

--Gaz--

padr49904
July 21st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Oh come on you know when they get enough zpm theres gonna be something big like the citys star drive burns up or the zpms overload blowing up the whole consule. They will keep you waiting for them to fly seasons after they get enough zpms. They always add a new twist in to make it more of a challenge when they do something good.

deltsigpun
July 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
im sure when the ancients left atlantis, they we planning on going to earth and continueing there high advanced way of life thus, ensuring that when people returned to atlantis they would know the language and understand the tech. but remember it has been said that when the anceintes returned to earth they found a very primitive man and realized they couldnt rebiuld there civilizan so some went into hiding to try and ascend while others left through the gate to start new colonies.

Major_Griff
July 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
If there is a ZPM factory, maybe you need three ZPM's to power it, I mean Zero Point Energy doesn't just grow on trees. Does it?

wiseowl777
July 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
well apparently the database had a google search (the ancient) too bad daniel got her kicked out of the club b4 he said hey btw, where r more zpm's?

genome
July 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM
morgan was only immitating the hologram system.... its still there but it uses too much power apparently and they dont need a ZPM that urgently yet. the hologram was only designed to teach kids as well, and you dont wanna be telling kids how to make your most powerful, stable power source.

Anubis-
July 31st, 2006, 12:18 AM
why can't the atlantis data base have a surch bat it would be so mutch easer

Atlantis database must have written they own language and McKay does not understund it. Only Doctor Weir have some idea of it. That's why it takes so long.

But in first season old lady weir have a 5 gateadress, where are 5 ZPM, one of those address Sheppards team check, but why 4 of those are not checked?

josh
July 31st, 2006, 01:18 AM
remember we dont get to see every mission they go on... and i think i remember at the start of "The Brotherhood" one of shepperds team sayin that they had already checked the others and turned up empty

Anubis-
July 31st, 2006, 07:42 AM
remember we dont get to see every mission they go on... and i think i remember at the start of "The Brotherhood" one of shepperds team sayin that they had already checked the others and turned up empty

But Doctor Weir says (in old lady mode), that every adress have one of ZPM.

And now they have Daedalus and Beaming, why just go and Beam it in.

josh
August 3rd, 2006, 04:17 AM
maybe they havent thought of it yet lol