This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade the day walker

Well after watching the first 5 episodes I have begun to enjoy the new series on Spike. I thought the premiere was rather blase and kind of convoluted, but the succeeding episodes have been much better!.

The storyline has been interesting and while I miss Wesley Snipes in the role of the 'Day Walker', Kirk Sticky Fingers is getting better.

Anyone else following the series so far?. I have question about last nights episode below, I will put a spoiler tag on it for anyone that hasn't watched it yet.

Spoiler:
    For anyone that watched the episode last night (Bloodlines), what was the significance of Blades blade getting broken in half?. They focused on that specifically a few times after it happened in last nights episode.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

First episode was kinda bleh. Second and third were nice. The latest weren't as good as no. 2 or 3, but still watchable.

Comment

I'm enjoying what I've seen of it so far. Not a bad new series. Still miss Wesley Snipes as Blade though. As for last night's ep, wish I could help you out. I missed it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        I'm enjoying what I've seen of it so far. Not a bad new series. Still miss Wesley Snipes as Blade though. As for last night's ep, wish I could help you out. I missed it.
        I agree, it is getting better with each new episode and like you guys said I also miss Snipes as the day walker.

I have the latest episode Tivo'd but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Comment

Last nights episode (The Evil Within) was pretty damn good!. I loved seeing Chase get burned, although it appears she survived. I like how the fact the the Day Walkers like Blade have cells all over the world that do the same job.

This show is definetly getting better every week.

Comment

This show is what ytou call "Totally Awesome!"

Man I can't wait for next week. I don't overanalyze shows, I just enjoy the ride. If the ride is good, the show is good.

This show is the ****.

Man, next week is gonna be nuts.

Comment

I agree that it is getting better each week. At first I was very disappointed, but now I am addicted to it. Wesley was much better than this guy, but the story is getting good. Just like with Stargate, many things seem different in the series than in the movie. I never read the coics they are based on, so I checked out the Marvel Universe website to try to see which one is more accurate, and I couldn't find any reference to Whistler at the Marvel site. Was there a Whistler in the comics? Was Blade born half-vampire half-human like in the movie, or was he once a full-blown vampire like in the show?

Comment

He was born half vampire on the show too. the show just delves deeply into his past, showing that growing up wasn't easy. He has always had a taste for blood and now must resist it, using the Serum. The flashbacks they have been showing in recent eps are simply to illustrate his past, giving his character a bit more depth.

Blade's past (including spoilers for tonight's episode):
                Spoiler:
                As far as the show is concerned, it seems like his mother was bitten shortly before she went into labor. She died while having Eric (Blade). His father tried to raise him, but knew something was up with him. HE didn't seem to know the difference between a normal vampire and a day walker. or really anything at all. He knew his son was a vampire of some kind and did his best to raise him while feeding him blood in secret and keeping him sheltered from others. He was constantly fearful that Eric would get out and harm someone, even if he didn't mean to, hence, he locked his son into his room. Ultimately, it didn't work very well, as Eric always found a way to sneak out. He was befriended by a business owner who played chess, and a cop. His father seemed to grow more and more protective over time, as the older Eric got, the more his nature was coming out, and soon he would genuinely have the thirst.

Eventually, Whistler was called in, a friend of the cops who knew all about vampires, their heirarchy, genetics, etc. Blade overheard the conversation from under his door. His father was concerned for him but Eric misinterpreted it as his father wishing to send him away or condemning him. He broke free, and went down the street to the liquor store, the store owned by the chess player. It was probably one of his few refuges. Having a look around, he discovered the place being robbed, and went nuts, killing the two assailants, and sucking the blood out of at least one. He didn't drain him so it's possible he was turned. He didn't stop them before his father managed to get himself shot however. Believing his father dead, and clearly being scared of what he had done, he fled.

It seems eventually he fell into a gang (where he got his tats), but at some point, lost control and turned them. He had the thirst and no serum, so it would be difficult to control.

I don't know if it follows it exactly (as I haven't seen part 3) but the series seems to be a sequel to the movies (hence the absence of Whistler, didn't he die?), unless some big magnificent thing happened in 3 that would prevent it.

the series seems to be about his war with Cthan (spelling), the plotline with Krista, and his past catching up to him.

As for the guy who was running around killing his old friends in tonight's episode, I'm not sure if he was a gang member (he looked like one of the dudes, I think one got away, my memory isn't clear), ot possibly one of the assailants in the robbery, who he inadvertantly turned.

Anyways, I can't wait to see next week.. what think you of:

Spoiler:
                Krista turning her mom!? This is easily my favorite plot line, and it looks like the **** is seriously gonna hit the fan for Krista.
                Last edited by Adrius; 10 August 2006, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid
                  I agree that it is getting better each week. At first I was very disappointed, but now I am addicted to it. Wesley was much better than this guy, but the story is getting good. Just like with Stargate, many things seem different in the series than in the movie.
                  I agree Liam, the show has gotten much better since the ho hum premiere!.

Sticky Fingers is NO Wesley Snipes but he is getting better every week.

I am also glad they didn't just follow the last movie, they needed to make it somewhat different, which they did. There is a lot of material to work with, if this show catches on the storyline could go in many different directions.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                    Sticky Fingers is NO Wesley Snipes but he is getting better every week.

I am also glad they didn't just follow the last movie, they needed to make it somewhat different, which they did. There is a lot of material to work with, if this show catches on the storyline could go in many different directions.
                    I agree, he is getting better each and every week.

And yep, this show could go in many different directions. I wish it good luck as it moves forward.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      I agree, he is getting better each and every week.

And yep, this show could go in many different directions. I wish it good luck as it moves forward.
                      That's the thing about shows with the kind of convoluted plot that Blade has: It WILLL go in many diufferent directions - at once! That's not a bad thing, as long as the writers keep a general course, it will remain awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                        Anyways, I can't wait to see next week.. what think you of:

Spoiler:
                        Krista turning her mom!? This is easily my favorite plot line, and it looks like the **** is seriously gonna hit the fan for Krista.

Oh yes it does. I have read the spoilers for the upcoming episodes and let's just say...

Spoiler:
                        Krista kinda loses control and goes on a bender.. and how I am reading the spoilers, she even feeds on Marcus!! Blade has to put her into an 'isolated detox'. Spoilers are at: http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.ht...dlines;title;2 Looks like our girl Krista has some dark days ahead!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

I just watched last nights episode Sacrifice and all I got to say is WOW!. This show is getting better and better and I agree with Fifth Race and fifth man Sticky Jones is getting much better each week as Blade.

The two things that happened in Sacrifice that stood out for me was the eerie as hell scene where a baby was presented to the head girl vampire, and the other scene that kind of shocked me was when Krista made her dying mother a vampire on her death bed. I also liked how they gave us Blades childhood back story and in particular his relationship with his father. We never got this in any detail in the movies. Great stuff!, this show is a big winner for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                            I just watched last nights episode Sacrifice and all I got to say is WOW!. This show is getting better and better and I agree with Fifth Race and fifth man Sticky Jones is getting much better each week as Blade.

The two things that happened in Sacrifice that stood out for me was the eerie as hell scene where a baby was presented to the head girl vampire, and the other scene that kind of shocked me was when Krista made her dying mother a vampire on her death bed. I also liked how they gave us Blades childhood back story and in particular his relationship with his father. We never got this in any detail in the movies. Great stuff!, this show is a big winner for me so far.
                            Oh it's gonna get better!!

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                              That was one good and very creepy episode!. That baby scene turned my stomach, powerful stuff!. I also found it hard to watch when Krista turned her mom into a vampire, that was stupid and awfully selfish of her to do that!. I also enjoyed all the back story stuff, the kid who plays a young Blade was great in that role. We did get a lot of new and useful information about the origins of Blade. I have a feeling his father will play a substantial role in future. I loved the fight scene where Blades father helped to kill the vampire stalking Blade, great stuff.

I am hooked to this show now!.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X