This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Cam and Vala ship thread

I have a feeling this could make me slightly unpopular with some folks here, but I really don't want or need to see Cam and Vala (be either of them being evil or not) in any kind of "ship" (as in romantical type relationship). Please do NOT use this thread to disrespect either Ben or Claudia! I am not against either actor, but against their current characters being in a romantic relationship.

Why?

Because I've seen Ben Browder and Claudia Black play a couple on telly before and quite frankly, I want to see them do something ELSE!

They were fanfrellin'tastic as John & Aeryn, but come on, they aren't John & Aeryn anymore. They are now Cambo and Vala, two totally different characters on a totally DIFFERENT show. I'm just saying that as actors, I want to see them do something other than be a couple on telly (again).

That is my reason and I'm sticking to it! Agree or disagree, it's all good. I have no hate for anyone who doesn't think exactly 100% like me.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

I agree, Black and Browder have already played lovers, let's do something new. how about + ??

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
      I agree, Black and Browder have already played lovers, let's do something new. how about + ??

I'd love that ship...somewhere there is a thread I started about a + ship!
      sigpic

Comment

I agree, but I'm totally pro &
        Can't help it. They're just too funny together.

Comment

I don't care one way or the other. I kind of doubt they will do that on this show. I am a complete John and Aeryn shipper and don't think anyone can improve on those two. The Stargate writers don't strike me as being able to write something as wonderful as J/A. So I think it is not something we have to be too worried about.

If you are going by what was mentioned in the TV Guide I wouldn't put too much stock in them. They have completely messed up some of the episodes from last season.

I do however dislike the term "Cambo".

Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by shester
            I don't care one way or the other. I kind of doubt they will do that on this show. I am a complete John and Aeryn shipper and don't think anyone can improve on those two. The Stargate writers don't strike me as being able to write something as wonderful as J/A. So I think it is not something we have to be too worried about.

If you are going by what was mentioned in the TV Guide I wouldn't put too much stock in them. They have completely messed up some of the episodes from last season.

Sybil
            shester - I'm not going by anything TV Guide says as I don't read that rag any more. I'm going by what I've read in other threads on this board by fans who seemingly want this to happen. I am not one of those fans.

Sorry you dislike "Cambo" but that is how I see Cam.
            sigpic

Comment

Cambo is a derogatory name that anti's came up with to put down the character. I find it quite offensive, and I can't really respond to your original question when you put down a character I like right off the bat. Is your purpose to start another anti-Mitchell thread?

Comment

Apparently some of you are under the impression that I don't like Cam because I use the term "Cambo". It's not that I'm ANTI towards him, because I'm not. I just see him atm as a RAMBO type character who runs in and risks not only himself (he's the leader) and his whole team without taking the time to assess the situation they're in. If you don't like it, sorry, but again it doesn't make me ANTI because of how I see him.

If you don't like what I have to say...then please, by all means, keep moving. If you see my handle on thread...PASS ON BY. Because contrary to what some believe. I don't like people telling me what characters I can and can't like. I also don't like people telling me that I'm not a good fan of FS because I don't worship at the temple of BEN!

I've told said people that I do like Ben, but hey...he just doesn't impress me as much as other actors. That doesn't make me a bad person...it just makes me a fan who's not all that impressed with his talent. I adore Ben the MAN because he's so kind and funny to the fans.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  Apparently some of you are under the impression that I don't like Cam because I use the term "Cambo". It's not that I'm ANTI towards him, because I'm not. I just see him atm as a RAMBO type character who runs in and risks not only himself (he's the leader) and his whole team without taking the time to assess the situation they're in. If you don't like it, sorry, but again it doesn't make me ANTI because of how I see him.
                  Sorry, but if you use a term that the anti's invented for the sole purpose of mocking Mitchell, then I don't see how it could mean anything but that you are anti. That's just how I see it. Derogatory nicknames are still derogatory even if you don't mean them that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gategal36
                    I agree, but I'm totally pro &
                    Can't help it. They're just too funny together.
                    I don't mind them. They do make me laugh.

Back to the Cam and Vala thing though. I honestly don't think TPTB will do it, but if they do, I'll quit watching the show. I really don't want or need to see them as a couple. Why try to beat perfection?
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparently some of you aren't hearing me...let me make it a little clearer...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, MOVE ON BY! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT...QUIT READING IT!

It's that simple folks. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not trying to change yours....so do us all a favor, stop trying!

I honestly don't care if you think I'm an anti or not. YOUR opinion of who I am, means nothing to me.

So please, move along. Stop reading my posts and you'll be happier. Thank you!
                      sigpic

Comment

i agree. i don't want to see cam/vala. talk about more cliches. and talk about opening htemselves up to more 'it's farscape redux' crit.

they're already more than flirting iwth it by having the two actors. by homaging it/spoofing it, pairing cam and vala is nothing more than a mistake imho.

not to mention that these writers simply can't write 'good' ship. they've been mucking with sam and jack for years, can't/won't resolve it. when they do write sam in a relationship she's not sam, she's some odd character out of a lifetime movie with sam's name.

they can't write good and real ship and they shouldn't try.

cam and vala is a mistake. and about the only 'good' think i see about it is if they pair cam and vala then they can't pair cam and sam or vala and daniel.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shester

Sybil
                          I have to agree with you on this point, the writers don't seem to be able to write "ship" very well.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

if you take sam for example. and her one big ship, chimera. they didn't write Sam....they wrote this male fantasy of a hot female who ends up subservient to the guy, even forgiving the jerk that stormed out after they'd made love and threw his little hissy fit because the girl wouldn't tell him all her secrets....and then she just forgives him with a kiss

tell me that this isn't a male fantasy???? to have a female - who's gorgous by the way - that a man can just treat like crud and all is forgiven...awwe, how sweet!!!! NOT.

IMHO, they didn't write SAM and Pete, they wrote thier own personal fantasy of what they'd want to happen and wrote a harlequin romance of a character

and given their track records, i don't want them writing ANY ship with the main characters. these boys can't do it. they can't write REAL ship, they write fantasy ship and that is just detrimental to all the characters involved
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I always thought TPTB were going to go with Vala/Daniel and I think that would work for me.

I know how well Ben and Claudia work together, but putting Cam and Vala together is just going to make the Farscape fans rejoice and the Stargate fans go, "What the heck??" Its another "fandom war" in the making so I hope they don't go there.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X