This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9 spin-off series (SPOILERS & SPEC)

Ok, I just read they are doing another K9 spin-off series with the name being, K-9 Adventures.

At an appearance this past weekend, K9 creator Bob Baker revealed that the new planned K9 spinoff series would not be animated, but in fact would feature a blend of live-action and CGI: K9 himself would be a CGI creation, but the show would otherwise be recorded in front of cameras. Baker noted that the idea of the series being animated was merely a press rumor but was never intended. Baker stated that scripts had been written (or were being written) for 26 thirty-minute episodes, and a test reel had been completed with footage specially filmed to show the look of the new series. The series is being planned to air in early 2008 and is an independent production with no further ties to the BBC or the Doctor Who property.
    http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEEVFkypypZBgmSuAbU
    If I am not mistaken it was cancelled...

Despite these above-average ratings, the show did not go to series. The proximate cause for this was a changeover in channel controllers at BBC One. Bill Cotton, who had approved the pilot, vacated his position soon thereafter. He was replaced by Alan Hart, who simply disliked the idea and the resulting product. Further episodes were therefore not commissioned.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-9_and_Company
    I can't say I am looking forward to it.

Mattathias

This is old news. You must've been living under a rock if you didnt already know about this. I too am not looking forward to it though.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Well, actually, I live in America...

Mattathias

Comment

You know America...that really big rock in between Canada and Mexico?
        We have a vast subterranean culture there.
        It's a virtual paradise...apart from the Lava Men.
        You surface-dwellers and your news networks....
        Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 19 July 2006, 07:44 PM.

Comment

This series is going ahead and should be popular worldwide, I reckon.

Obviously the Who connection will be played up but in the US it will be "From the writer of the Wallace & Gromit movies... a show about a crime fighting robot dog". Which should make quite a few tune ie.

Comment

Nuallain, you're right. But the fact that you are makes me sad...

I'm indifferent to this. I know it'll be spun as a little kid's show... I know it will. :-/ There go my dreams of a Who trinity.

Want to see some shameless advertising? I think you do.
            MySpace
            My fiction portfolio-type thing.

Comment

Working...
            X