Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallville's Olsen Finds Romance

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=37151

Aaron Ashmore, who joins the cast of The CW's Smallville as Jimmy Olsen, told SCI FI Wire that the well-known Superman character will get romantic in the show's upcoming sixth season. More ...
    sigpic

Thats good news. Shows they are growing up, and linking it more to the movies. Cant wait for next season
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Can they just make the show Superman and get it over with? Seriously, it's got pretty much all the comic characters and a lot of the comic plotlines.

Comment

KryptonSite caught up with Aaron Ashmore and you can find an interview here

Comment

Olsen joining the show? Sounds cool to me.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Jimmy Olsen joining the show is ridiculous. He is to old and the casting is all wrong. Aaron Ashmore is playing Jimmy Olsen, yes, well Shawn Ashmore, his twin brother played a villian in season 1 and 3. Can no one else see the problem here???
            http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
              Jimmy Olsen joining the show is ridiculous. He is to old and the casting is all wrong. Aaron Ashmore is playing Jimmy Olsen, yes, well Shawn Ashmore, his twin brother played a villian in season 1 and 3. Can no one else see the problem here???
              Well, yes. But if Stargate can have the characters not notice that Weir has changed completely between seasons 7 and 8, then....

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                Well, yes. But if Stargate can have the characters not notice that Weir has changed completely between seasons 7 and 8, then....
                I see your point there, but changing an actor that plays a certain character is common practice on TV, but changing a character that is played by a certain actor or in this case the actor's twin brother, is just lazing casting.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Olsen joining the show? Sounds cool to me.
                  Yes, this is a good way for Chloe's romantic asperations with Clark to be slid to the back burner while allowing for the eventual Lois infatuation to set in for Clark a la Superman...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I have to say at the moment it kinda bugs me- it looks like the only reason his character was introduced was so they don't have to bother resolving any of Chloe's feelings for Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by panzor
                      I see your point there, but changing an actor that plays a certain character is common practice on TV, but changing a character that is played by a certain actor or in this case the actor's twin brother, is just lazing casting.
                      Stargate's done that, too. Brandy Ledford, Megan Leich, Aaron Douglas, Steve Bacic, Courtenay J. Stevens, and Richard Ian Cox have each played two roles. So has Patrick Currie, but one was a human-looking Replicator and the other a scaly Serrakin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                        Yes, this is a good way for Chloe's romantic asperations with Clark to be slid to the back burner while allowing for the eventual Lois infatuation to set in for Clark a la Superman...

and you know what's funny? i find i'm MUCH more attracted to clark with lana 'or' chloe than lois.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                          Stargate's done that, too. Brandy Ledford, Megan Leich, Aaron Douglas, Steve Bacic, Courtenay J. Stevens, and Richard Ian Cox have each played two roles. So has Patrick Currie, but one was a human-looking Replicator and the other a scaly Serrakin.
                          I suppose, they just better make at least one joke about it in the sixth season. Something like

Clark: Hey, aren't you that guy that stol-
                          Jimmy: No
                          Clark: You sure? I mean you look a lot like him.
                          Jimmy: No, I'm not him.
                          Clark: O.K.

Comment

Originally posted by panzor View Post
                            Maybe we'll get lucky, and some weird Kryptonian device will de-age Jimmy Olsen.
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                            X