This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Pike Weapon (spoilers)

Did anyone else notice that the energy blast itself doesn't do most of the damage...in Crusade it looked like it makes the victim start convulsing....anyone else notice that?
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
    Did anyone else notice that the energy blast itself doesn't do most of the damage...in Crusade it looked like it makes the victim start convulsing....anyone else notice that?
    I kind of thought the energy blast burrowed into it's victims. Maybe does more damage on the inside than the outside.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The purpose of the weapon is not to inflict much damage on the outside like the staff weapon but to do something in the body so that it will kill in one shot.

Comment

slowly and paifully i might add

Comment

Probably to instill more fear in others, watching the victim die slowly...

Comment

It does look like it kills in a painful manner, like you got shot by 5 tasers and the you die, but only after you roll around on the ground a while. I wonder if they are anymore accurate then a staff weapon?

Comment

Well it might enhance that view on magic. I mean even with Goa'uld staff weapons you see the wound and some primitive races that use herbs and stuff like that could treat the wound. But if the wound is internal then it would be far more difficult to treat I think.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

it could act as a zat when shot at somone but also causes pain outside to the effects kick in and slowly shuts your inside down.
                sigpic

Comment

i agree the stave's blast probably burrow them selves into the target. it also seems very solid of shots
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit
                    Probably to instill more fear in others, watching the victim die slowly...
                    Good point. I sure know I wouldn't want to get shot by that thing. I'd take my chances with a staff wound.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

those staffs are all intimidation machines, and fit perfectly with religion as you would use a walking staff as a tool to help you walk a path on a hike, the staff or stave is a tool you use on the path to enlightenment. i applaud the writers for this.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                        those staffs are all intimidation machines
                        And our weapons are all killing machines...

I wonder if the Ori warrior's staff is as hard to aim and/or has the same slow rate of fire as a Jaffa staff. If the two are alike in rate of fire and accuracy, it would give us an advantage in fighting the Ori on the ground, granted that they don't have a prior with them.
                        http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
                        If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
                        **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
                          And our weapons are all killing machines...

I wonder if the Ori warrior's staff is as hard to aim and/or has the same slow rate of fire as a Jaffa staff. If the two are alike in rate of fire and accuracy, it would give us an advantage in fighting the Ori on the ground, granted that they don't have a prior with them.

depending on armor as well.
                          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                            depending on armor as well.
                            To me, it seems like the Ori Warrior's armor is as good as Jaffa armor. It just looks more macho . I think any armor piercing round can penetrate their armor, and if it doesn't, we can always throw a couple grenades.
                            http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
                            If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
                            **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
                              To me, it seems like the Ori Warrior's armor is as good as Jaffa armor. It just looks more macho . I think any armor piercing round can penetrate their armor, and if it doesn't, we can always throw a couple grenades.
                              Yeah, I'd say grenades would almost always do the trick.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X