This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate vs canada?

How come when stargate SG1 and atlantis are filmed in Canada we can't enter the contests?
    the Into the gate contest is for US citizens only

The cons are held in Vancouver yet the con tickets are sold in us dollars only?

I know the sci fi channel is a US based company but when it’s filmed here and the cons are held here I can't help but feel a little disrespected.
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Originally posted by parisindy

The cons are held in Vancouver yet the con tickets are sold in us dollars only?

Creation accepted both CAN and USD, when purchase inperson. Any pre sales, were in USD since they were transacted in Glendale, CA their home base.

As for the contests, I remember a blog from someone who said it was Canada's request to exclude themself.
    The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
      Creation accepted both CAN and USD, when purchase inperson. Any pre sales, were in USD since they were transacted in Glendale, CA their home base.
      but how can you buy them in person if you don't live in vancouver? Plus i'm forever getting the 'buy now tickets are nearly sold out' e-mails so you can't buy them when you go...plus if you wait often ticket prices go up. The option should be offered in presales as well if that is the case.

As for the contests, I remember a blog from someone who said it was Canada's request to exclude themself.
      do you know who made that desicion? as it seems odd to me. Why wouldn't you want to include as many people as possible.
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

As to the convention question, why don't one of you who wants to know write to Adam at Creation Entertainment and just ask him directly? I'm sure he'd be happy to explain. It would be better than a whole thread full of guesses.

[email protected]

Comment

abby its just the point of it... i mean ...turn it around... how would you feel if you went to the con in the usa and had to pay in english pounds or something... its not hard to do it's just the idea of it...

thank you Seshat i will... i didn't have that e-mail before.

it still bugs me
          Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
          X