Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Dilemma - Regarding Hive Ships (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Dilemma - Regarding Hive Ships (Spoilers)

How many Wraith are on a Hive ship? 1000? 10,000? More?
    How much food do you think they bring along? I mean there are 1000's of Darts flying around, so there must be 1000's of wraith not hybernating and need to eat.

Every episode I've seen where the crew goes onto Hive ship, there are always humans stuck in that webby goo, and they are still alive! They have to be, don't they?

So when the crew see's a hive ship and makes plans to destroy it, they need to consider that they may be killing 1000's of humans. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's ever come up on the show.

They don't have much of a choice.

Comment

There is no dilemma, especially when you do not know the face of those you are about to kill. This is how the bomber pilots get do live their ordinary lives after droping the bomb and killing civilians: collateral damage.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Rogers
        How many Wraith are on a Hive ship? 1000? 10,000? More?
        How much food do you think they bring along? I mean there are 1000's of Darts flying around, so there must be 1000's of wraith not hybernating and need to eat.

Every episode I've seen where the crew goes onto Hive ship, there are always humans stuck in that webby goo, and they are still alive! They have to be, don't they?

So when the crew see's a hive ship and makes plans to destroy it, they need to consider that they may be killing 1000's of humans. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's ever come up on the show.
        That thought never occured to me, but I understand why they wouldn't consider it in that situation. First off, either us or them. Second off, it's better than the alternative, quick and easy death versus incredibly painful death.

I don't want some man or woman sticking their fingers into my chest cavity with some handgina sucking my life out.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They have no choice? Probably not, just saying that it's never come up as far as I know. No one shows an ounce of remorse for the loss of human life when they destroy a hive ship.

Maybe it's a mercy kill, but like I said, it's never come up.

Comment

What purpose would it serve in an episode?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              What purpose would it serve in an episode?
              Just to acknowledge that they are killing humans when they destroy a hive ship. That their deaths couldn't be avoided, and they mourn for the loss.

I mean Wier is always on her high horse about don't do this, we have no right or it's not the right thing to do, etc...etc...

Why is this not taken into consideration? Seems a little out of character. I dont' know. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Comment

Well, a show's only 42 minutes, and most of the time plot-relevant things take precedence.

Comment

I think they could make an entire episode out of it. Is there really no way to save the humans before destroy the hive ship?

Comment

Interesting...

Maybe they can have Lorne or someone getting culled and we would have to try to rescue him by boarding a hive ship...but while there Lorne makes a friend in the "cell" beside him, and want him/her rescued too, and so on and so on.

Very interesting...

Comment

While i dont see this being a dilmea in the show i do see your point sort of, maybe, ok not really.

The point is we are at war and people die.
                      Personally id rather die fast than being lifesucked by the wraith.

The only way to save the people on board the ship is to
                      A.)take the ship
                      B.)Disable the jamming codes and beam the all out

But what purpose would that serve. Sure wed be saving lives but while we could have been beaming a nuke onboard the wraith could changed the jamming codes and block us from beaming a nuke onboard and we would have wasted our time being out people instead of destroying the wraith.

However i agree that we should try to save as many human lives as we can because it is our fault the wraith woke up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting...

Maybe they can have Lorne or someone getting culled and we would have to try to rescue him by boarding a hive ship...but while there Lorne makes a friend in the "cell" beside him, and want him/her rescued too, and so on and so on.

Very interesting...
                        not only rescue, but recruit! Bring a few extra P90's and pass them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman

But what purpose would that serve. Sure wed be saving lives but while we could have been beaming a nuke onboard the wraith could changed the jamming codes and block us from beaming a nuke onboard and we would have wasted our time being out people instead of destroying the wraith.
                          And there's your episode!

Comment

Interesting...

Very interesting...
                            I can recall back in "Underground" when Teyla was trying to save the human who was screaming in the hive ship. The mission was to get information from the computer system, not stage a jail break.

Comment

Ah, but a skilled writer will be able to twist the plot into whatever he/she wants!

For example, what if one of the humans knew something about a weakness in the Wraith? So that he needed to be "jail-breaked"?

Comment

Working...
                              X