Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Queen get mad at Sheppard in The Hive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the Queen get mad at Sheppard in The Hive?

At the start of The Hive the Queen Wraith was interogating Sheppard, and had him on his knees. She suddenly gets all upset and walks off, and sends him back to his cell. This part confused me... some say she got upset because she "sensed" another Wraith Hiveship coming out of hyperspace... but she must have already known it was coming or they would have opened fire on each other most likely (since they were becoming more and more territorial). Is that really the reason she got agitated and left Sheppard?

I was thinking that maybe she sensed the Ancient Gene in Sheppard and that pissed her off (because the Wraith still think they've defeated the Ancients, the only other time a Wraith saw Ancient Tech was in the pilot where the Caretaker saw the "Life Signs Detector" and got pissed off at Sheppard there.

She got mad because the other Queen wanted her attention. Therefore she was incapable of torturing Sheppard. She was mad cuz she got distracted.

And going by the lyrics, I'm just wondering what was really going on (could it be another example of Shep's kirking? .)

Originally posted by Gateworld transcript
    HIVE SHIP. QUEEN'S CHAMBER.

Resume where the previous episode ended. John Sheppard is on his knees on the dais in the centre of the room. The Wraith Hive Queen walks slowly around him.

HIVE QUEEN: The ship. (She stops in front of John and turns to face him again.) Where did you get it?

(John struggles not to speak but has no choice under her mental influence.)

SHEPPARD: You mean the Dart? We call them Darts because they're so pointy.

HIVE QUEEN: Tell me. Where?

SHEPPARD: I really don't wanna say.

(The Queen smiles slightly, then backhands him across the face. John recoils from the blow, then straightens his jacket. The Queen leans towards him and runs her finger down his cheek.)

SHEPPARD: I don't even know your name.

(The Queen leans down so that her face is level with his.)

HIVE QUEEN: In time, you will tell me every... (She trails off and stares as if distracted by something. She frowns, snarls at him, then straightens up and turns and walks away.)

SHEPPARD: Tell you what? (As the Queen leaves the room, the two Wraith guards walk over and haul John to his feet.) What's wrong? (The guards take John's arms and start to march him out of the chamber.) She didn't even tell me her name!
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
      She got mad because the other Queen wanted her attention. Therefore she was incapable of torturing Sheppard. She was mad cuz she got distracted.

And going by the lyrics, I'm just wondering what was really going on (could it be another example of Shep's kirking? .)
      with a Wraith Queen?
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
        with a Wraith Queen?
        Well, instead I think the Wraith Queen was a little bit more attracted to Shep than Shep was attracted to her.

Shep definitely seemed out of mind during the Queen's "torture". The reference to darts being called that because they're so pointy, and then there was the comment about not telling him her name...yup, definitely. She liked him.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
          Well, instead I think the Wraith Queen was a little bit more attracted to Shep than Shep was attracted to her.

Shep definitely seemed out of mind during the Queen's "torture". The reference to darts being called that because they're so pointy, and then there was the comment about not telling him her name...yup, definitely. She liked him.
          Probably the same with Sumner and that Wraith keeper. She did take a while to start questioning him. If they like 'em, why do they feed on them?
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Maybe the wraith queen was PMS-ing. Or maybe she was having a bad day.
            Last edited by freyr's mother; 18 July 2006, 05:49 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
              with a Wraith Queen?
              Hey, I would. Those Wraith Queens are hot.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=31267

Comment

she got mad because the other hive interupted her and were on thier way to the feeding ground because they dont like sharing

or

she was on her periods...
                sigpic

Comment

Because the other Wraith ship showed up.

Currently Watching: SGU Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

Rewatch: BSG, SGA, SG:1 Farscape, X files

Comment

I recon that the queen was reading sheppards mind and while she was in his mind he somehow got into her mind. He has the anchient gene so anything is possible. It has happened in SG-1 once befoure.

--Gaz--

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell
                      I recon that the queen was reading sheppards mind and while she was in his mind he somehow got into her mind. He has the anchient gene so anything is possible. It has happened in SG-1 once befoure.

--Gaz--
                      What makes you think she can read minds?

Comment

The Wraith can put images into a humans mind but not read them. The Queen
                        had no interest in Sheppard except to find out how he got the dart. Sheppard used this against her to get her to suspect the other Hive ships' Queen.
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Ditto on what others have said...The queen was mad at being distracted by the other hive ship pulling up in orbit. Kirking? Are you kidding me? It is known the queens can get inside the minds of its victims (Rising pt2) and make their victims reveal what info the have. Shep was being interrogated. He was doing what he could to forgo telling the queen the intel that she wanted.
                          sigpic

Comment

The simple answer is that the Queen seemed very intimidated by Colonel Shepperd's stoopidly cool hair.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                              she was on her periods...
                              Hahahahahaha, thought so!
                              That would of expalined alot.
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X