This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir Must Die!

I am really sorry here people, but she is TOTALLY out of place in Atlantis.

After last nights ep where she is conducting the Spanish Inquisition and allowing that security chief to personally insult everyone thus ruining any relationship for a long time, I was done with her.

She is in charge without a clue. She tries to be stoic but comes across like Bush on 9-11 reading My Pet Goat. Totally deer in the headlights.

WRAITH BAIT!

Feed her to the wraith they just captured so they can analyze their feeding habits.

I don't see what her purpose is except to be annoying.

She definitely is not a leader.

I don't know if it's Weir.. I think it's the actress. I'm sure Jessica Steen would have portrayed Weir much better, that's atleast what I think.

Comment

Well, she is suppose to be a superb negotiator and a diplomatic. We are only episode 5 in, give it a chance!

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

I must completely disagree with you Lightmaker. I think that Weir is acting completely reasonable for being in the position she is in EXCEPT that I would have reigned in that Sergeant's 'tude early on. In the end, the Sergeant's suspicions helped to find the answer.

Did you like the way Hammond managed his base? He really wasn't very effective either, IMO. He would lay some smack down here and there and "make decisions" but I don't think he was any more effective than Weir.

Weir recognized her mistakes each time and acknowledged them (a big plus in my book) each time and seems to be growing from the experiences.

Then again, I might be too biased... I find her extremely attractive..
        A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
        The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep."

Comment

I'm not fond of the character, but I don't want her dead. That's a little ridiculously extreme, if you ask me. Give it some more time. Maybe Weir will even out some more in her characterization.

Comment

Yes I thought that Hammond was perfect in his role considering the nature of the SGC during his command. I would have gone deeper into his character, but in the end we know quite a bit about him.

I cannot picture the episode in which sit down diplomacy will factor in. Unlike last season with the old Weir and the Go'auld, diplomacy requires some knowledge of the factions involved. Their was plenty of background on the Go'auld but there is none in Atlantis.

The Sergeant was too pushy and should have been relieved. The only reason he found the transmitter was it was in the script. Diplomacy you say? Why didn't they just ask to search Tey'la's things.

She has no purpose in Atlantis and if they can't get her something to do besides get all exasperated over whether to lower the shield or to dial out, she's lunch!

Eye candy? Buy a Maxim.

Comment

I have to agree with you to an extent. So far I just can't get the used to this new actress for Weir. As for the character, Weir, I am not pleased with her handling of Atlantis so far, however, Weir does come across as a person who learns greatly from experience and I think things will improve over time. Another thing, I think it would be far better if Sheppard and Weir were equal partners in leadership of Atlantis. That way they can balance each other.

I also have to say that the Security person was a complete a$$hole. I believe he had the right concerns and should've voiced them, but his attitude and how he said those things were just wrong. He was acting like arrogant tyrant. If he would've been a bit more polite in going about his business, there really wouldn't been a problem. Personnaly, I would'ved decked him early on in the episode for his attitude. Also, did anyone notice how Teyla "brushed the Sergeant off her shoulders" when she came to the "spanish inquisition" with Weir and the Sergeant? I thought it was classic. The Sergeant make some remark she looks at him like "you wanna try that again?" and went on talking to Weir. Cool stuff.

Comment

I agree as well. More that the actress simply is not good in this role. The character of Weir leaves alot to be desired but in the hands of a good actress and the writers gettng a clue it could work. However, as it is now, i find myself hoping that each episode finds less and less of Weir but that is a futile hope as she has a central role.

Last week she took someone down without thought, this week she simply looks at the guy with exasperation?? The premise of last nights episode did not make sense to me in context of the episodes so far. So far i have liked SGA with the exception of the Weir actress.
                Interviews?? Please............ i am sorry, it was all to off. I can not even explain it.
                She has to go or play a limited role or the show will not make it--i fear.
                I also agree that Shepards roll as a leader needs to be upgraded.
                K

Comment

Could we please stop calling for the "death" of characters we don't like? Sheesh...

I'm still not sure of Weir's motivation to be where she is, but she's growing on me as a leader of Atlantis. Only time will tell...
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I'm with AG here folks, I mean, there is nothing quite so bad as "X Character I Don't Like Must DIE." except perhaps "X TV Show SUCKS!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lightmaker
                      I am really sorry here people, but she is TOTALLY out of place in Atlantis.

After last nights ep where she is conducting the Spanish Inquisition and allowing that security chief to personally insult everyone thus ruining any relationship for a long time, I was done with her.

She is in charge without a clue. She tries to be stoic but comes across like Bush on 9-11 reading My Pet Goat. Totally deer in the headlights.

WRAITH BAIT!

Feed her to the wraith they just captured so they can analyze their feeding habits.

I don't see what her purpose is except to be annoying.

She definitely is not a leader.
                      Stop making attacks on bush, what is it with you people, you gotta insult the president everytime you post? Its unneccessary and rude. Dont do it.

She plays Dr. Wier well, and we cant say how Dr. Wier is suppose to be played because we only seen one other person do it in 2 episodes and I didnt like her that whole time cause she took away the man hammond.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I'm not so sure about the Dr. Wier character either, something about the character just seems a little off to me and I can't put my finger on it. However, I do think wishing death on a character is a wee bit extreme. Plus it's only been a few episodes so I'm willing to wait and see if they flesh the character out a bit before I vote her off the island.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                          Stop making attacks on bush, what is it with you people, you gotta insult the president everytime you post? Its unneccessary and rude. Dont do it.

She plays Dr. Wier well, and we cant say how Dr. Wier is suppose to be played because we only seen one other person do it in 2 episodes and I didnt like her that whole time cause she took away the man hammond.
                          Right this is not a forum about politics. Anyway i don't understand so many people do not like Bush
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                            Right this is not a forum about politics. Anyway i don't understand so many people do not like Bush
                            You really don't understand? You do need to read up more on the world political situation.

In any case, I don't see what all the fuss is about remarks that compare characters to real-life individuals. While I disagree with Lightmaker's assessment of Weir (and Higginson), his Bush comment was made in context and was not completely from left field.
                            To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
                              You really don't understand? You do need to read up more on the world political situation.

In any case, I don't see what all the fuss is about remarks that compare characters to real-life individuals. While I disagree with Lightmaker's assessment of Weir (and Higginson), his Bush comment was made in context and was not completely from left field.
                              OK, sorry then, my mistake.
                              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X