This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor... where are you, buddy?

The lack of Thor is starting to make me wonder about where our little gray friend is. Kvasir said Thor was in another galaxy on a matter of great importance back in Ripple Effect and I'm starting to wonder if we'll see the effects of this 'situation' somewhere in Season 10. There's no reason for Thor not to be around this season, being voiced by MS and all.

So what does everyone think Thor is up to now?

Originally posted by Seldini
    The lack of Thor is starting to make me wonder about where our little gray friend is. Kvasir said Thor was in another galaxy on a matter of great importance back in Ripple Effect and I'm starting to wonder if we'll see the effects of this 'situation' somewhere in Season 10. There's no reason for Thor not to be around this season, being voiced by MS and all.

So what does everyone think Thor is up to now?
    maybe something to do with furlings
    : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
    : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

Maybe it could be some sort of superweapon.

Comment

I recently finally got around to watching the last half of S9 and must admit that I was puzzled by the continued absence of Thor in favour of this new guy...Kvasir. Not that I dislike Kvasir as a character, but it just seems odd to me that if TPTB are going to spend the cash to bring in the puppeteers and SFX to include an Asgard on the show, why not make it Thor? Why go to the trouble of replacing him with a new Asgard? And even though I enjoy Kvasir, I don't think his character has the same strength or emotional resonance that Thor's has. Not for this viewer, certainly. I find him a little more bland than our usual little guy.

The only thing I can imagine is that TPTB believe that Thor has gone as far as he can, character-wise, and they need the 'new blood' of a fresh Asgard character. Personally, if this is the case, I think they're mistaken.

Or, even more irksome, it could simply be another ploy to link SG1 with Atlantis (I believe Kvasir was introduced on Atlantis first?), in tune with the various crossovers between the two shows. Which would be really annoying.

Oh, hang on...I've just belatedly thought of another reason. One that sounds to me the most probable, actually. It could possibly be a money-saving measure. If they needed to spend cash making a new Agard puppet (Kvasir) for Atlantis, I'll just bet someone at some point said, "Well, hey, see you have Thor making an appearance in this SG1 script. Can't we just have him off somewhere doing something else and use the puppet (Kvasir) we already have instead? Kill two birds with one stone?"

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I really miss Thor too.

But I imagine his absence has something to do with the special rapport that he and Jack developed, and since O'Neill isn't a regular anymore....
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
            I recently finally got around to watching the last half of S9 and must admit that I was puzzled by the continued absence of Thor in favour of this new guy...Kvasir. Not that I dislike Kvasir as a character, but it just seems odd to me that if TPTB are going to spend the cash to bring in the puppeteers and SFX to include an Asgard on the show, why not make it Thor? Why go to the trouble of replacing him with a new Asgard? And even though I enjoy Kvasir, I don't think his character has the same strength or emotional resonance that Thor's has. Not for this viewer, certainly. I find him a little more bland than our usual little guy.

The only thing I can imagine is that TPTB believe that Thor has gone as far as he can, character-wise, and they need the 'new blood' of a fresh Asgard character. Personally, if this is the case, I think they're mistaken.

Or, even more irksome, it could simply be another ploy to link SG1 with Atlantis (I believe Kvasir was introduced on Atlantis first?), in tune with the various crossovers between the two shows. Which would be really annoying.

Oh, hang on...I've just belatedly thought of another reason. One that sounds to me the most probable, actually. It could possibly be a money-saving measure. If they needed to spend cash making a new Agard puppet (Kvasir) for Atlantis, I'll just bet someone at some point said, "Well, hey, see you have Thor making an appearance in this SG1 script. Can't we just have him off somewhere doing something else and use the puppet (Kvasir) we already have instead? Kill two birds with one stone?"

Albion
            Kvasir was not introduced on Atlantis first. You might be thinking of Hermiod.

My guess is that Thor's puppet broke or something.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

They don't want to pay Michael twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                They don't want to pay Michael twice?
                But they pay Cliff Simon seven times when he appears seven times in an episode!
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

They probably don't want Thor to appear in every episode so it doesn't look like the Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet is a the beck and call of earth
                  sigpic

Comment

hmm maybe im thinking its something to do with finding another habitable planet
                    SAVE SG-1
                    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                      I really miss Thor too.

But I imagine his absence has something to do with the special rapport that he and Jack developed, and since O'Neill isn't a regular anymore....
                      I hope that's not the reason. Thor had a good rapport with Sam too. She does have a little different interaction w/Kvasir, which is good, but I miss Thor. I hope we see him this season.

Comment

Isn't he supposed to be off in another Galaxy attending to something? Maybe its another Ori incursion...

Comment

Whoa! You might be right.

Comment

The Asgard pissed me off in season 9. quite frankly, we saved ours AND theirs galaxies in season 8, and they repayed us by giving us Hermiod and a hyperdrive for deadalus, and MAYBE a hyperdrive for Oddysey. They should have been wayyyyy more helpful than they have been.

They better have a damn good explanation for their absense of late.
                            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
                              The Asgard pissed me off in season 9. quite frankly, we saved ours AND theirs galaxies in season 8, and they repayed us by giving us Hermiod and a hyperdrive for deadalus, and MAYBE a hyperdrive for Oddysey. They should have been wayyyyy more helpful than they have been.

They better have a damn good explanation for their absense of late.
                              I think their explanation would be that the Asgard race have dwindled to fewer than 100, and they still have their cloning problem.

Personally, I think Thor is off somewhere trying to either fix the asgard problem, or fighting another Ori incursion.

Spoiler:
                              Somewhere in the season 10 spoilers, it is stated that the Ori have invaded 6 other galaxies in addition to our humble little milky way
                              http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
                              If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
                              **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Working...
                              X