This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith telepathy versus Prior advanced human powers

the extent of wraith telepathy we've seen effective against humans is making humans "see things", while the mental attack by "bob" on teyla was retailation, provoked by teyla's wraith DNA helping her pin-prick his mind in the first place. other than that, we haven't see wraith telepathy work directly on humans. if wraith actually are able to telepathically target humans, could that be enough to stop an ori prior from using his telekinetic powers?

Originally posted by KoshNaranek
    the extent of wraith telepathy we've seen effective against humans is making humans "see things", while the mental attack by "bob" on teyla was retailation, provoked by teyla's wraith DNA helping her pin-prick his mind in the first place. other than that, we haven't see wraith telepathy work directly on humans. if wraith actually are able to telepathically target humans, could that be enough to stop an ori prior from using his telekinetic powers?
    The Queens can use their powers to make humans do things (kneel, sit, play dead) so maybe they might have some defense, but I doubt the males could do anything to a Prior.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshNaranek
      No I don't believe the wraith could stop a prior from using his powers and I will tell you why. The priors seem to be on a entire different level than the wraith especially mentally. I believe the wraith to be a extremely advanced yet primitive (oxymoron) animal. I believe the wraith function by depending on there instincts they hibernate, they feed on humans, and they are amazingly violent. As for a prior they are violent but they are in no way primitive they have a certain amount of class yes I said it class they don't care what people think about them they are there and thats all that matters.

Anyways I have gone a little off topic the fact is that the Ori/priors seem to be more advanced than the wraith. Therefore I would suspect a prior would have superiority over the wraiths telekinetic powers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
        No I don't believe the wraith could stop a prior from using his powers and I will tell you why. The priors seem to be on a entire different level than the wraith especially mentally. I believe the wraith to be a extremely advanced yet primitive (oxymoron) animal. I believe the wraith function by depending on there instincts they hibernate, they feed on humans, and they are amazingly violent. As for a prior they are violent but they are in no way primitive they have a certain amount of class yes I said it class they don't care what people think about them they are there and thats all that matters.

Anyways I have gone a little off topic the fact is that the Ori/priors seem to be more advanced than the wraith. Therefore I would suspect a prior would have superiority over the wraiths telekinetic powers.
        Have to agree with you there.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, plus, the Priors have pure telekinetic abilities, the Wraith queens only have the ability to mess around with the human mind, the Prior could literally just toss the Wraith with its staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini
            Yeah, plus, the Priors have pure telekinetic abilities, the Wraith queens only have the ability to mess around with the human mind, the Prior could literally just toss the Wraith with its staff.
            Exactly!!

We aren't even taking into consider the doci he could probably tear a whole hive ship apart with his mind.
            sigpic

Comment

the wraith only have a small amount of brain power compared to the priors, and priors have the ability to hold somone in the air whereas the wraith queens can only use them by making them kneel
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                the wraith only have a small amount of brain power compared to the priors, and priors have the ability to hold somone in the air whereas the wraith queens can only use them by making them kneel
                Yeah and as I said, the Wraith effect is all mental, they're partially controlling the mind of the person and making them knee, not forcing them to the ground telekinetically, which a Prior could easily do and is far more impressive. I mean in Beachhead, that prior launched those Jaffa clear over the horizon... holy hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  The Queens can use their powers to make humans do things (kneel, sit, play dead) so maybe they might have some defense, but I doubt the males could do anything to a Prior.
                  could a wraith queen really control a prior? im not sure but since they are an advanced humans if they can it would take a lot of concentration to do so. but also since priors are evolved in just about every way, couldnt they tell if she was trying? and then do something before she succeeds? my money is on the prior for obvious reasons
                  SAVE SG-1
                  www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                  Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

In terms of Wraith doing something against a Prior in terms of telepathy I would say no but in terms of the Prior doing a mental attack against a Wraith then that might be interesting because the Wraith are a hivemind...if they are near the Hive then you wouldnt be facing one Wraith mentally but possibly the entire hive. Now while the Priors are powerful it would technically be one against a hundred. So that might be interesting though against the telekinetic powers of the Prior I can't see the Wraith doing much though their energy based stunners might be a bit more effective as they can't be halted like bullets but that just might mean a Prior can create a telekinetic shield.

Also there is somewhat of a difference between the emotions of Priors and Wraith. Priors are calm and almost seem as peaceful beings and never seem to be angry as such but 'at peace'. Not saying they don't do evil things but saying that they don't seem to do it in anger...that only happened in one occassion when the General said that thing to that Prior and he just broke control of that device that interfered with his powers. While Wraith are far more predatorial in nature.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
                      could a wraith queen really control a prior?
                      I never said they could control a Prior.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I'd put my money on the priors. The Wraith have the ability to mentally affect the human mind, but not use mental powers to PHYSICALLY effect things.

The prior tosses people around, chokes them with his hand vader style, and he made those jaffa in beachhead disappear into the sky, over the horizon, whatever. I'd say there a bit stronger.
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

the premise of the priors and khalek is that they're using 70-80 percent of the human brain hence have the abilities of advanced humans, whereas normal humans only used 10 percent. the alterans evolved naturally to that advanced state, whereas modern-day priors are able to use the 70-80 percent of human brain faculties because an ori sweeps through their body and turns all the switches on and enhances a wire or two (the administrator, third episode of season 9). if the wraith telepathy is due to powers of their advanced human ancestry, then in principle the prior shouldn't be susceptible to extreme wraith telepathic violation. but if wraith telepathy is a feature more due to their iratus bug ancestry, then perhaps wraith telepathy can penetrate prior mental shields. in any case, it conceivable for wraith telepathy to be able to suppress prior higher brain functions alone in a similar manner to the fluctuating ultrasound field generator idea sam and dr lee came up with, hence suppressing the priors' telekinesis...

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            In terms of Wraith doing something against a Prior in terms of telepathy I would say no but in terms of the Prior doing a mental attack against a Wraith then that might be interesting because the Wraith are a hivemind...if they are near the Hive then you wouldnt be facing one Wraith mentally but possibly the entire hive. Now while the Priors are powerful it would technically be one against a hundred. So that might be interesting though against the telekinetic powers of the Prior I can't see the Wraith doing much though their energy based stunners might be a bit more effective as they can't be halted like bullets but that just might mean a Prior can create a telekinetic shield.

Also there is somewhat of a difference between the emotions of Priors and Wraith. Priors are calm and almost seem as peaceful beings and never seem to be angry as such but 'at peace'. Not saying they don't do evil things but saying that they don't seem to do it in anger...that only happened in one occassion when the General said that thing to that Prior and he just broke control of that device that interfered with his powers. While Wraith are far more predatorial in nature.
                            i agree here. a prior would just pound his staff in the ground and make a sheild then preach from the book of origin to the "demons" that are the wraith while they feebly shoot at him. maybe after a while he would grow tired then pound his staff once more and send them off into oblivion along with their ship like the beachead prior did
                            SAVE SG-1
                            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

IMO, a Prior would sooo own a Wraith in battle. No contest really.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X