This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop power (atlantis)

where does the atlantis expedition laptops get there power from since there r no power sockets on atlantis? as far as i can c

Maybe power converters hooked up to naquida genorators. Or they just brought a bunch of batteries.

-James-

Comment

I'm sure they've either laid out new power cables or found a way to tie in to Atlantis's power grid.

Comment

Very good question.

I'd give you green, but AGAIN the system won't let me.

Comment

hmm i wonder how much hours can a zpm give a laptop
          A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Depends. Does it use a Pentium 4 or a Penium-M?

Comment

well, im guessing you dont get much internet connection there
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                Depends. Does it use a Pentium 4 or a Penium-M?
                I would believe Pentium M, or any type of specially designed mobile chip.

Granted the notebooks are Dell manufactured, but who knows about the internal chip.

Comment

It's one of three things:

Magnets.

Rodney's ego.

Or magnets augmented by Rodney's ego.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                    hmm i wonder how much hours can a zpm give a laptop
                    a heck of a lot of hours

Comment

Its called they created a converter that would power the things they brought

Comment

Originally posted by LMICEVSKI
                        where does the atlantis expedition laptops get there power from since there r no power sockets on atlantis? as far as i can c
                        They use a really long extension lead
                        -_Yes im New_-

Comment

Solar power, that's the most logical explanation. And the Internet is recieved via subspace connection. Easier than magnets augmented by Rodney's ego.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                            Solar power, that's the most logical explanation. And the Internet is recieved via subspace connection. Easier than magnets augmented by Rodney's ego.
                            Speaking of solar power, they could use it during the day if they laid out a hell of a lot of solar panels on atlantis. That would let them use the naquadah generators for more pressing issues and the ZPM would be for emergencies only.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                              Speaking of solar power, they could use it during the day if they laid out a hell of a lot of solar panels on atlantis. That would let them use the naquadah generators for more pressing issues and the ZPM would be for emergencies only.
                              Or wind power... fer pete's sake, they're on the open SEA!
                              [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Working...
                              X