This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book of origin vs The Rules of Acquisition

Have SG1 found a way like the Ferengi on Star Trek to keep on referencing the Orii Book of Origin. Are we going to keep hearing the main parts from the Book of Origin though out the next 1,2, 5 to 10 seasons. hehe

(Ferengi Rule of Acquistion 1 : Once you have their money, you never give it back.) my fav.

(Orii book of Origin : Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, ships shall be built to carry our warriors out amongst the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished)

CJ

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure there will be references made to the book of origin, it seems to be the backbone of their religion.

As for that quote, I'm not sure if that was from the book of origin, I think it was just something the Doci said.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

oof... can you imagine a prior trying to convert a ferengi? or a Ferengi trying to sell Origin. "Get your copy of the book of origin, the road to salvation! Just two bars of gold-pressed latinum!"
      MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
      Spoiler:
      Snape kills Dumbledore
      Spoiler:
      Darth Vader is Luke's Father
      Spoiler:
      Rosebud is a sled
      Spoiler:
      Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
      Spoiler:
      The planet of the apes is actually Earth
      Spoiler:
      The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
      Spoiler:
      Clark Kent is Superman
      Spoiler:
      What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
        oof... can you imagine a prior trying to convert a ferengi? or a Ferengi trying to sell Origin. "Get your copy of the book of origin, the road to salvation! Just two bars of gold-pressed latinum!"

O_O That is so friggin hilarious! Or a Ferengi Prior! "Walk the path of enlightenment or be destroyed, also. Want a good deal on Naqadah? Ten ounces for a strip of Latinum!"

Comment

Hearing a Ferengi utter "Hallowed are the Ori!" is about as ridiculous as hearing a Prior utter "Rule of Acquisition #104: Faith moves mountains... of inventory."

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Any other rules of aquasition?
              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure there will be references made to the book of origin, it seems to be the backbone of their religion.

As for that quote, I'm not sure if that was from the book of origin, I think it was just something the Doci said.
                I believe the backbone to be the Power of the Orii lol...

chances are the priors do, and if the priors say something fom the book, like they did in that episode to test the Anti prior device, he'll mention somethign about the chapter or verse or something.. assuming it has chapters and verses and not random text.

Hallow'ed are the Orii!
                Non-Believers shall be slayed!
                All office furniture 70% off!
                Orii are the one true gods!
                Fire rain upon the infidels!
                The Speaker of the house in British Parlament is not allowed to speak!
                Since they Wanna know!
                Et Tu Brutus
                The Orii are the true path of enlightenment
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                X