PDA

View Full Version : Now it's really Fargate :D :cool:

Fatewarns
July 16th, 2006, 10:33 PM
that's not saying that I don't like Stargate Sg1 because I really still do like it. Ben Browder and Claudia Black Edit: add a new taste to Stargate. But seriously I mean Edit: two main people from Farscape it's so unusual.:D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
that's not saying that I don't like Stargate Sg1 because I really still do like it. Ben Browder and Claudia Black try a new taste to Stargate. But seriously I mean to people from Farscape it's so unusual.:D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P
in some ways yes it is:cool:

Aris Boch
July 16th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Do you mean its unusual to Farscape fans?

I've seen the first few episodes of Farscape and I have to say I didn't care much for it. It might have had something to do with muppet aliens who fart helium. :S

But Claudia and Ben are both great actors and I'm sure I will come to love their characters in SG1 just as much as Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c.

GreyFox
July 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
just cuz there's 2 farscape actors it's now fargate? why not xstargatefiles since a whole lot more of them have appeared in SG1/SGA

Aris Boch
July 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM
just cuz there's 2 farscape actors it's now fargate? why not xstargatefiles since a whole lot more of them have appeared in SG1/SGA

Not in main roles though. And Fargate has a much better ring to it than xstargatefiles. :D

LORD MONK
July 16th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Fargate is not a good name at all for my favorite show. I have never got into Farscape because it is to looks to fake. You can tell that they are human people in a plastic Holloween costume that our parents used to make us wear. That is what made Farscape suck. It is a good thing that Vala and Mitch can act because they are turning out to be living up to farscape fans expectations that I heard about giving them a chance taht they succeeded at.

So I think Farscape not and welcoming them into our little stargate world that is not farscape at all.

spirited Chihiro
July 17th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Fargate is not a good name at all for my favorite show. I have never got into Farscape because it is to looks to fake. You can tell that they are human people in a plastic Holloween costume that our parents used to make us wear. That is what made Farscape suck. It is a good thing that Vala and Mitch can act because they are turning out to be living up to farscape fans expectations that I heard about giving them a chance taht they succeeded at.

So I think Farscape not and welcoming them into our little stargate world that is not farscape at all.

the fake costumes u talk about are somewhat similar to the asgard...would u not agree...??!?!

SGFerrit
July 17th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yawn... This whole Fargate crap is a bit boring now.There have been ALOT more Star Trek and X files actors in it than Farscape actors, but people don't make stupid comments about that...

Chutzpah
July 17th, 2006, 12:28 AM
the fake costumes u talk about are somewhat similar to the asgard...would u not agree...??!?!

I find the Asgard far better done than any alien that was ever in Farscape. Actually, to be honest Stargate is the only show where I have found the aliens belivable.

I too only watched a few episodes, so it doesn't bother me in the least. The characters are both pretty different, especially Vala.

Platschu
July 17th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Claudia black is so a perfect actress that I never thought about Aeryn Sun when I saw her. ;)

freyr's mother
July 17th, 2006, 09:10 AM
All actors in the field of Scifi eventually end up playing some role in Stargate.

Major Tyler
July 17th, 2006, 09:17 AM
How is it "Fargate?" The actors play different characters...that's why they're actors! No one called it "MacGyverGate" because of RDA, so why should Browder and Black being on the show suddenly make it "FarGate?" Is it "StarTrekGate" now because of Trinneer and Picardo? Or when Blaylock was on? No! I don't understand this whole "Fargate" thing. :confused:

Farscapefan
July 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM
that's not saying that I don't like Stargate Sg1 because I really still do like it. Ben Browder and Claudia Black Edit: add a new taste to Stargate. But seriously I mean Edit: two main people from Farscape it's so unusual.:D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P

I remember how Claudia shrugged at the name of Fargate during her interview at last year's Saturn Awards... ;)

Farscapefan
July 17th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Claudia black is so a perfect actress that I never thought about Aeryn Sun when I saw her. ;)

Exactly. And sometimes I think that I love Vala even more than Aeryn :o

Major Tyler
July 17th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Exactly. And sometimes I think that I love Vala even more than Aeryn :oAeryn would kick Vala's ass after about five minutes with her! :P

NA'ONAK
July 17th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Farscape was my favourite Sci-Fi show, with Stargate in 2nd place, until Season 9 of Sg-1, and Ben Browder is one of my favourite actors. I think it is great to see Ben and Claudia back on tv and they have helped make Stargate great again. I have to say i never thought of Claudia as Aeryn when she showed up, but Ben will always be John Crichton cause it was such an excellent character.

Avenger
July 17th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I liked Farscape. It took a while to grow on me. It looked kind of campy to me at first, but after a while, it didn't bother me because the character relationships and development were both top notch. The acting was also quite good from the entire cast. If you can't by the visuals of the show, you're missing out.

Now, when it comes to SG, I liked the casting of Browder from day one, knowing that he was a great actor from having watched Farscape. I had no issue with Claudia Black either because she did such a great job in Prometheus Unbound. Say what you want about the episode, but she was outstanding.

penguininablender
July 17th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Aeryn would kick Vala's ass after about five minutes with her! :P
LOL.That would be entertaining. I could see aeryn chasing after Vala with a pulse rifle,teehee

As far as this whole Fargate thing...I think that all scifi acting roads lead to stargate in some sense. I like seeing the familiar faces.

To those who said that they dont like farscape:

Farscape is something that you have to let sink in. The first few eps were not my favorites, but once you get past those and begin to see the characters develope, it is pretty darn good. Claudia Black does some amazing stuff in it too.

Arative
July 17th, 2006, 12:11 PM
No one called it "MacGyverGate" because of RDA

I've been calling it MacGyverGate for years, don't steal my name!!!! :jack:

Fatewarns
July 17th, 2006, 12:54 PM
All actors in the field of Scifi eventually end up playing some role in Stargate.

yeah but don't you think it is a little weird that two main characters in a popular Scifi show somehow got on to another really popular Scifi Show. what are the chances? I mean that's rare in Non-Scifi shows, but in scifi that's like a 1 and a 1,000,000 chance AT LEAST

LORD MONK
July 17th, 2006, 12:59 PM
You do realize you just compared fake costumes to an asgard. You do know no one is in the Asgard suit, right?

Avenger
July 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM
The Asgard are either CGI or puppets. The point being that noone complains about the Asgard puppets looking funny or fake or cheesy.

LORD MONK
July 17th, 2006, 08:13 PM
The Asgard are either CGI or puppets. The point being that noone complains about the Asgard puppets looking funny or fake or cheesy.
They are animatronics or something like that. And if not then what are they and what does that have to do with nobody being inside of them? No one complains about them looking funny, fake or cheesy because they don't look funny, fake or cheesy.

the fifth man
July 17th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of Farscape. Always have been. But I don't see this as Fargate at all. This is still Stargate SG-1, the great show it's always been. BB and CB are playing quite different characters IMO, the way it should be. Both shows are great examples of quality Science Fiction. My two favorites, actually.:) But SG-1 isn't becoming like Farscape. Not that I see.

Bragi
July 17th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Do you mean its unusual to Farscape fans?

I've seen the first few episodes of Farscape and I have to say I didn't care much for it. It might have had something to do with muppet aliens who fart helium. :S

Did you just knock Sparky?

At any rate. Mitchell is similar to Crichton in a lot of ways, but that's mostly Ben working his sense of humor into the script. Much the same way Richard Dean Anderson worked a lot of MacGyver's witty remarks and general "silliness" into Jack.

Vala is completely different from Aeryn. Those two characters are worlds apart. Other than the fact that we're going to see Vala turn from a completely selfish thief into a more caring and selfless character. The same way Aeryn went from a no-nonsense conscienceless Peacekeeper into a deeply emotional and loving person.

Aris Boch
July 18th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Did you just knock Sparky?

Sorry. Ive got to draw the line somewhere.
Muppets. yeah. dunno. :S

Also, before seeing Farscape I had seen the Triangle which I believe is by the same creator. That showed some promise but really just seemed to ramble on and go in all kinds of directions and left me with more questions than answers. I got the same kind of thing when I tried to watch the episode "Back and Back and Back to the future". Farscape was also a little too...um...cheesy for my tastes. And by a little I mean a lot.
Sorry. Just my opinion. No offence to all the Farscape fans out there.

ValaMalduran
July 18th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I'm a huge Farscape fan but I have been a Stargate fan for much longer. I've never considered casting two lead actors from FS a threat to SG. It's actors doing a job. And Claudia Black and Ben Browder are two great actors with a lot of passion for their work and respect for their fans.

As for FS's aliens. Do they look fake? Well, of course they do! Have you met an alien yet?
But they're unbelievably imaginative aliens - Pilot, Namtar, the diagnosians,... The Henson Group and Creature Shop tried to make aliens as far out and weird as possible which is something I greatly appreciate.

A.

Major Tyler
July 18th, 2006, 03:37 AM
As for FS's aliens. Do they look fake? Well, of course they do! Have you met an alien yet?
But they're unbelievably imaginative aliens - Pilot, Namtar, the diagnosians,... The Henson Group and Creature Shop tried to make aliens as far out and weird as possible which is something I greatly appreciate.Agreed. The aliens actually seemed...well...alien.

penguininablender
July 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Agreed. The aliens actually seemed...well...alien.
yeah, (I love stargate and all) but I like the fact that in farscape, they werent all humanoid. They had some pretty weird stuff though

GreyFox
July 18th, 2006, 06:26 PM
"turning asgard flame shields on at max"

now imo Aeryn during the series was kinda ugle with the ugly eye brows.

but aeryn of peacekeeper wars was beautiful like current vala.

now vala would lesbianize aeryn and give us quite a treat eh?

ValaMalduran
July 19th, 2006, 01:16 AM

Men. :rolleyes:

A.

The Engineer
July 19th, 2006, 01:50 AM

=)), no comment other than that.

Aeryn/Vala
July 19th, 2006, 03:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of Farscape. Always have been. But I don't see this as Fargate at all. This is still Stargate SG-1, the great show it's always been. BB and CB are playing quite different characters IMO, the way it should be. Both shows are great examples of quality Science Fiction. My two favorites, actually.:) But SG-1 isn't becoming like Farscape. Not that I see.
I'm a huge Farscape fan but I have been a Stargate fan for much longer. I've never considered casting two lead actors from FS a threat to SG. It's actors doing a job. And Claudia Black and Ben Browder are two great actors with a lot of passion for their work and respect for their fans.
Totally agree! Claudia and Ben are two great actors! And they didn't do this on purpose that they will be on the same show again. It's not "Fargate" just because of them playing together again!! :mckay:

But they're unbelievably imaginative aliens - Pilot, Namtar, the diagnosians,... The Henson Group and Creature Shop tried to make aliens as far out and weird as possible which is something I greatly appreciate.

A.

...Scarrans!! I think Pilot is one of the best animatronics I've ever seen!!! :D

Pharaoh Atem
August 9th, 2006, 07:41 AM
from 200

http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/200_03.jpg

Descent
August 9th, 2006, 07:45 AM
lol Genius! Oh man, I can't wait. :D

tommiekins
August 9th, 2006, 07:47 AM
hee hee, how BRILLIANT does that look?

The Signal
August 9th, 2006, 07:54 AM
No prozes for guessing who Mitchell and Vala will be, nice to see those creative talents working :rolleyes:

Pharaoh Atem
August 9th, 2006, 07:56 AM
No prozes for guessing who Mitchell and Vala will be, nice to see those creative talents working :rolleyes:
ya didn' there work on a scifi show before stragate :P

talyn2k1
August 9th, 2006, 08:13 AM
ya didn' there work on a scifi show before stragate :P

In Farscape, there were four 'main' characters played by people.

Ka D'Argo - Played by Anthony Simcoe in the show, played in '200' by CJ
Chiana - Played by Gigi Edgeley in the show, played in '200' by AT
John Crichton - played by Ben Browder in the show.
Aeryn Sun - Played by Claudia Black in the show.

So unless BB and CB are going to play some of the puppet characters:D, they will just be playing the characters they played in the show itself.

Should be interesting...

stewsith
August 9th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Wow, my jaw just dropped when I saw that pic. :thoranime09: Now I really cant wait till the 18th!

ancientaction
August 9th, 2006, 08:18 AM
In Farscape, there were four 'main' characters played by people.

Ka D'Argo - Played by Anthony Simcoe in the show, played in '200' by CJ
Chiana - Played by Gigi Edgeley in the show, played in '200' by AT
John Crichton - played by Ben Browder in the show.
Aeryn Sun - Played by Claudia Black in the show.

So unless BB and CB are going to play some of the puppet characters:D, they will just be playing the characters they played in the show itself.

Should be interesting...

that would be asome, BB=JC and CB=AS

that would... so rock. wonder how funny this is gonna be i cant wait

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
August 9th, 2006, 08:29 AM
i bet MS plays that scorpius guy...

[SGC_ReplicĂ…tors]
August 9th, 2006, 08:41 AM
LOL, lol, ROFL

LOL WHAHHAHAHAHAHAHh

brother tealc looks hilarous....and Carter she almost looks like the other actor

The Doctor
August 9th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Oeh, I definitely want to see Ben and Claudia playing John and Aeryn! Michael playing Scorpius, almost as good!

tobi
August 9th, 2006, 08:45 AM
If never seen farscape, hopfully i won't miss the jokes.

Pharaoh Atem
August 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM
you think it will take place before or after the peacekeeper wars mini series ;) cause in that case then you have Aeryn and johns baby

Egraine
August 9th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Oeh, I definitely want to see Ben and Claudia playing John and Aeryn! Michael playing Scorpius, almost as good!

Don't count on it....I think the writers might just surprise everyone...

Shanks as Crichton to play on the "they look alike" gag is a real possibilty

The OZ picture just rocks!!!

Pharaoh Atem
August 9th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Shanks as Crichton to play on the "they look alike" gag is a real possibilty there better use ben or we riot

JUNIOR
August 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM
How about RDA as Scorpius!

waykins
August 9th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I dont know what the episodes called but it looks like an episode of Farscape where the realities were screwed up, and AT as Chiana, didn't see that one coming :D Who do you think Landry would be posing as? Pilot...

The Doctor
August 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Well, it seems like the writers did really go all out on this episode. So, it's probably gonna be ten times stranger than anything we can come up with.
Landry as Moya perhaps?

SylvreWolfe
August 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I am snotty enough to want Shanks to play JC and hubby wants Ben to do Scorpy.

SylvreWolfe
August 9th, 2006, 04:18 PM
If never seen farscape, hopfully i won't miss the jokes.

I wouldn't worry too much, they are riffing a lot of shows...

Or I could be a Scaper and use this opportunity to say, *hey watch some Farscape, it is really fun and that way you can catch some of the jokes.*

;) ;) ;)

iheartvala
August 9th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I am snotty enough to want Shanks to play JC and hubby wants Ben to do Scorpy.

as a farscape, and even more, a john and aeryn fan, it would kinda suck to see john as scorpy, seeing as what happened last time he was dressed up like scorpious :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...it is probably the most logical choice.

Iguana775
August 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
wow, those pics are sweet! Cant wait to see the Farscape part. I loved that show!

Sprinkles
August 9th, 2006, 05:58 PM
as a farscape, and even more, a john and aeryn fan, it would kinda suck to see john as scorpy, seeing as what happened last time he was dressed up like scorpious :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...it is probably the most logical choice.

True 'Ben as Scorpy' has been done already on Fascape, I wouldn't mind any of these conbinations:

MS as JC and BB as Stark
MS as Stark and BB as JC
BB as JC and MS as Scorpy

More importantly whos goona be Moya and Pilot? :D

CCA
August 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I saw this and about peed my pants I was like NO WAY! I am not going to get my hopes up, though just seeing those two in Farscape gear is enough alone, but BB or CB might not even show up in the scene then again I highly doubt it. I just can not SIMPLY wait to see what they are going to do it's just going to be to much

Web Of Hair
August 9th, 2006, 07:05 PM
wow we can say Scorpius and not have the message moved to off-topic!!!

RDA will be Scorpius I think.

Toresica
August 9th, 2006, 08:13 PM
What about BB as ... Jool or Rygel? Nobody said he had to be a humanoid/human sized male...

Although that might just be wierd.

Leck
August 9th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Is this a confirmed real photo, and not something somebody just photoshopped together?

Web Of Hair
August 9th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Is this a confirmed real photo, and not something somebody just photoshopped together?
from new TV Guide

Metonic
August 9th, 2006, 11:41 PM
i love farscape, the only scifi show better than farscape would be Stargate and Atlantis... and now that sg1 has Browder and Claudia.... theres nothing better ever...

PG15
August 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM

Mitchell (apparently) plays Stark.

Sometimes those creative talents surprise you, don't they? ;) :p

Metonic
August 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM
They are animatronics or something like that. And if not then what are they and what does that have to do with nobody being inside of them? No one complains about them looking funny, fake or cheesy because they don't look funny, fake or cheesy.
animatronics is a fancy word for advanced puppet... and thats what they are... thank god they arent CGI... everything thats suppose to be alive in CGI looks cartoony and fake, like the Hulk.

PG15
August 11th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Most of the time yeah, but I never thought Freya (?) from Revelations was CGI until I heard about it.

Lord Shiva
August 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM

You're about a year late :)

Metonic
August 11th, 2006, 08:45 PM
better late than never, atleast we know he's not pregnant...