X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - TV Guide Online: Ask Matt July 17th

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/AskMatt/

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

ASK MATT - July 17th

**snippage**

Question: In 2002 John Doe opened with a naked man curled on his side in a clearing. It moved to a close-up of his eye as it opened and looked around. In 2003 Stargate SG-1 opened its seventh season with a naked man curled on his side in a clearing. It moved to a close-up of his eye as it opened and looked around. Now in 2006 we have Kyle XY which opened with a naked man.... I know TV repeats itself, but this is a bit much. Were the same writers on all three shows? Or did everybody just like this scene so much we have to see it again and again? — Donna

Matt Roush: Not being familiar with the Stargate setup, I would just say the similarities between the John Doe and Kyle XY premises go beyond the naked-hunk-in-the-woods image, though it is a striking one. Even a classic one. Which is why it's fair game to try it again, because the fact is that this image works. Kyle seems to be getting some mileage out of it. Producers often express surprise when confronted with a scene or a shot that copies something that came before, but in this case, I can't imagine Kyle's creators being unaware of such an iconic shot as the one that also opened John Doe. Think of it as an homage, not a rip-off. And enjoy the show. It's kind of cute.

**snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X