This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special effects mistake

they portray both the milky way and the pegasus galaxy as spiral galaxies when in Rising they show pegasus as a globular galaxy

edit: whoops this should be in season 3 - mods please move.

post pics of the differences. i see none

anyway they were prolly showing the MW
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
      post pics of the differences. i see none

anyway they were prolly showing the MW
      i second that
      SAVE SG-1
      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Yeah...that's why it was called 'No Man's Land'...the battle took place in the Galactic Void, and at the end of the Episode, they were probably nearing the MW.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by principia
          they portray both the milky way and the pegasus galaxy as spiral galaxies when in Rising they show pegasus as a globular galaxy

edit: whoops this should be in season 3 - mods please move.
          I assume you're talking about this computer display map:

I had the same though myself, but decided that that's supposed to be a depiction of the Andromeda Galaxy. The Pegasus Dwarf is much closer to Andromeda than it is the Milky Way, and of course, the depiction lacks 3d.

This appears to be a better look at the outskirts of the Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy:

(from when the Deadalus dropped in)

Or, I'm just fanwanking it, and in reality someone in the art department didn't do their homework.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
            I assume you're talking about this computer display map:

I had the same though myself, but decided that that's supposed to be a depiction of the Andromeda Galaxy. The Pegasus Dwarf is much closer to Andromeda than it is the Milky Way, and of course, the depiction lacks 3d.

This appears to be a better look at the outskirts of the Pegasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy:

(from when the Deadalus dropped in)

Or, I'm just fanwanking it, and in reality someone in the art department didn't do their homework.
            thanks for the supporting evidence! green for you!!!! . thanks

Comment

Thats not a special effenct mistake. They did a good job. It is the creative director that had the FX team make it that is wrong if anyone is.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

how's that a spiral galaxy? they look completely different.

plus they never mentionjed which pegasus atlantis is located (satelite of andromeda or MW) that pic makes it seem like it's MW's satelite

Comment

plus they never mentionjed which pegasus atlantis is located (satelite of andromeda or MW) that pic makes it seem like it's MW's satelite
                  I agree with that
                  sigpic

Comment

The image shows the Andromeda Galaxy in the background, with its two main satellite galaxies (M32 and M110), while the foreground Galaxy is also clearly a portion of a spiral, though whether it is a cropped image of a real galaxy or an FX, I can't tell.

The Pegasus Galaxy itself is a known satellite of the Andromeda Galaxy (and is also known as the Pgasus Dwarf Irregular Galaxy). While the Milky Way does indeed have several companion galaxies, as does Andromeda, none of them are labelled with the name of Pegasus.

Had they showed a cropped image of this galaxy in the foreground:http://www.ucsc.edu/oncampus/current...-01-11.155.jpg they would have been more accurate. But visually, it would have been far less clear....

...John...
                    "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
                    -----

Comment

very interesting
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Well, as another poster reminded me, both "Pegasus Irregulars" are metal poor galaxies. This means that they're mostly composed of hydrogen and helium.

So the galaxy in Atlantis is fictitious.

Comment

At the end of the episode they are STILL very close to Pegasus, they state this when planning the surprise attack.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

yes they did. they're just outside the pegasus galaxy when they engaged the wraith.

Comment

The milky way is a barred spiral. So it isn't a regular spiral galaxy, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X