This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori hyperdrive spoilers

Is it just me or Ori hyperdrive SUCKS? It took them about 30 minutes to reach Chulak. Asgard go through galaxies faster.

?
    School is overrated.

Comment

it possible that they dont know where chulak is so they drove a bit slower looking for road signs.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
        Is it just me or Ori hyperdrive SUCKS? It took them about 30 minutes to reach Chulak. Asgard go through galaxies faster.
        I agree...it seemed as if it took quite a while for the toiletbowls to get to Chulak. Also, why did they move away from the supergate battle site using the sublight drive for such a long time? Did the hyperdrive need time to charge? I smell a developing weakness in these ships. It seems as if usage of the main weapon along with the shields is a significant drain on the vessels power source. So much so that their hyperdrive capability is greatly diminished.

Could the glowing ring in the middle be some sort of receiver for Ori human worship energy? Consequently, have the toiletbowls not yet reached full power as there is not much "worship energy" to collect in this galaxy yet? I find this to be an interesting idea.

Of course, it could also be the case that when one doesn't encounter any resistance, why should one be in a rush?

Comment

the energy inside the bowl is what powers the the ship like in crusade when the priors activated them with thier staffs.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe they thought it would be better for the story to get there slower?
            I know, I know, "we all hate the Ori, so everything they have must suck!!" Nevermind the fact that they've just PWNED the best that this galaxy has to throw at them without getting a scratch! Want to ring a bomb on board, sure!......now watch as the Ori stop it from exploding! Even the most "guerrilla" of tactics have failed.
            Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

seems like the asgard own all regarding hyperdrive tech. which is good, for us.

at least they can ring in stuff while fring on the toilet seat ships
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace-Ventura
                If the Ori had intergalactic hyperdrives like the Asgard, then they wouldn't need a Supergate.

Comment

My guess is that their Hyperdrives are similar to those on the Aurora and Ha'Tak vessels.

Comment

Originally posted by warriorsfan
                    If the Ori had intergalactic hyperdrives like the Asgard, then they wouldn't need a Supergate.
                    exactly
                    SAVE SG-1
                    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                    Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

maybe its all that wieght its carrying they should just flush all that junk down the toliet
                      sigpic

Comment

um, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                          um, yes.
                          hmmmm
                          SAVE SG-1
                          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by warriorsfan
                            They might still need a supergate even if they had hyperdrive tech. similar to or stronger than the Asgard. Daniel already speculated that the galaxy that the Alterans/Ancients left from was very far away, even further than Pegasus (which he said is relatively close in intergalactic terms), and it hasn’t been stated how far away they are in relative terms, so one would have to assume that even if they did have the capability to fly as fast as the Asgard their galaxy is way too far away to get here in the time that they wanted to start their campaign. Making a supergate could had been more time efficient way to get to the M.W. It could take them years longer to travel from there galaxy to the M.W. for all we know. The Universe is supposedly infinite in size

Comment

i think the reason they didnt jump straight into hyperspace was because they were waiting for Vala to give birth.

We don't know how far away chulak was from the supergate, it could've been on the other side of the galaxy, in which case that would still make the ori hyperdrives very impressive (not asgard level but maybe they don't need them that fast).

Comment

Working...
                              X