This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thought to Save SG1(the show)

In the next episode we open with the Ori decending on earth, kicking our asses, and then POOF. Jack wakes up in his cottage bed.

"oh god, had a few to many last night. what a nightmare."

Jack still in command, no more Ori, and we get on with our lives. Just having Jack back could save the show.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Here's a thought: the show doesn't need saving.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      I made this thread as a joke, but if you honestly think that SG1 without Jack and with the Ori is better than SG1 with Jack and the various other enemies than your nuts!
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
        I made this thread as a joke, but if you honestly think that SG1 without Jack and with the Ori is better than SG1 with Jack and the various other enemies than your nuts!
        No, my thought processes are a lot more complex than that.

Comment

Right then.....you're going to need a lot of straightjackets.....

Comment

Lets give a rating system out of a 100..
            SG1 with original Sg1 99
            SG1 without Daniel 85
            SG1 without Jack 95
            Bringing Jack back and using dream sequence to "save" the show. 15

Sg1 is fine the way it is now. I loved Sg1 before hand, and I love it now. Hell i thought it waspretty good with Jonas, I mean it wasnt his fault not that many people enjoyed his season, everyone wanted DJ back and therefore blamed JQ.

BB is doing a pretty good Job, and half the time I forget the Oniel isnt there. The shows moved on and no longer needs him as much as they did. Dont get me wrong having RDA back on the show is great, but the show can move on without him. Although it does ease this period by putting him in.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
              Lets give a rating system out of a 100..
              SG1 with original Sg1 99
              SG1 without Daniel 85
              SG1 without Jack 95
              Bringing Jack back and using dream sequence to "save" the show. 15

Sg1 is fine the way it is now. I loved Sg1 before hand, and I love it now. Hell i thought it waspretty good with Jonas, I mean it wasnt his fault not that many people enjoyed his season, everyone wanted DJ back and therefore blamed JQ.

BB is doing a pretty good Job, and half the time I forget the Oniel isnt there. The shows moved on and no longer needs him as much as they did. Dont get me wrong having RDA back on the show is great, but the show can move on without him. Although it does ease this period by putting him in.
              I agree 100%! RDA was an amazing part of the show and cannot be replaced, but just because he is gone does not mean the show needs "saving". And the Ori are an amazing enemy that have already lent themselves to some of the best stories the show has seen. The only thing SG-1 needs saving from is rabid fans who are afraid of change.

Comment

In the next episode we open with the Ori decending on earth, kicking our asses, and then POOF. Jack wakes up in his cottage bed.

"oh god, had a few to many last night. what a nightmare."

Jack still in command, no more Ori, and we get on with our lives. Just having Jack back could save the show.
                That would singlehandedly ruin the show. Cheesy dream-sequence retcon just doesn't fit Stargate at all.
                Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                -Audioslave

Comment

That's a great idea! But instead Jack is dead and the last few years have been a dream! Everything after season 6 was just a dream of how his life would become meaningless and that he dies a heros death. Daniel would still be "dead", Jonus would be there, Sam would be in command and Janet would join the team just because I said so.

Comment

Ditto.
                    The show is doing fine.

Comment

Here's an idea for saving the forum:

Posters that pay attention to the episode instead of starting rumors and stuff.

Comment

Here's a thought: people can have a different opinion that you!

Comment

Here's a thought: Mmmm cream filling. Great with milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                            Here's a thought: people can have a different opinion that you!
                            Lies! "People" who disagree with me are actually Goa'uld upset that they have been defeated who want to pretend that they aren't all dead except for Ba'al. Isn't it obvious?
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                              and half the time I forget the Oniel isnt there.
                              I know what you mean. Jack was great, but the new team dynamic is excellent enough that his departure, IMO, did not cripple the show at all.

Hallowed is the new SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X