PDA

View Full Version : Keep or Loose? Spoilers for No Man's Land

freyr's mother
July 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Spoiler Space

Spoiler Space

Spoiler Space

Spoiler Space

I am hoping that TPTB will see this thread and pick up some info from it reguarding what we like to happen to the alien ships we acquire, *cough* Orion *cough*.

This is a poll, you state whether or not you would have liked to keep the Orion for a little while longer. Say keep or loose.

Keep

startrekker
July 15th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Keep

Avenger
July 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
There are spoiler tags for a reason.

I'm glad the ship got desroyed. Yeah, it would have been nice to keep it around longer, but it would have made the Atlantis expedition too powerful. That they are up against a stonger, more powerful enemy is an essential part of SG in general.

Elles
July 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
There are spoiler tags for a reason.

I'm glad the ship got desroyed. Yeah, it would have been nice to keep it around longer, but it would have made the Atlantis expedition too powerful. That they are up against a stonger, more powerful enemy is an essential part of SG in general.

Must agree...
But if a ship must go BOOM before it has lived an entire season, I'd like to see more variations in the number of episodes it lasts. Instead of two-three episodes... maybe more like six... or five... or nine.

the fifth man
July 15th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I voted Keep.

Korean_Turtle87
July 15th, 2006, 08:45 PM
for me, a whole season at least, would have been good. of they could have the ship run out of drones. that could make the ship semi-useless

Frunk
July 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Atlantis has gained another toy in exchange for the Orion.

I deem that one ''Lose'' as well.

Elles
July 15th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Atlantis has gained another toy in exchange for the Orion.

I deem that one ''Lose'' as well.
That new toy is possibly more helpful.

Frunk
July 15th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Do you think that TPTB will let us keep that?

Elles
July 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Do you think that TPTB will let us keep that?
No actually...
Well... let's take a detailed look at the cool toys we got that did or didn't make it past the two-three episode mark.
Goa'uld Mothership- Didn't make it past
Prometheus- Made it past
X-301- Didn't make it past
Daedalus- Made it past
Odyssey- Made it past
Corsolev (that's probably spelled wrong...)- Didn't make it past
Orion- Didn't make it past
So... it's about a one in two chance that the toy will make it past the two-three episode mark. Maybe they will...

LORD MONK
July 15th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Most definatly keep. Did you see it pop out of hyperspace and start firing. They should have shown a wraith face when it was firing drones.

CeeKay Sheppard
July 15th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Keep

Avenger
July 15th, 2006, 11:13 PM

At the very leaast they should get a better understanding of how a hive ship works, or strip its weapons for use on the Daedalus. That would be pretty sweet.

CalmStorm
July 16th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I would prefer to lose the ship rather than lose a good character. TPTB have mentioned that they wanted SGA to be a slightly darker show. They tried to show that in Season 1 with the death of a good recurring regular instead of just a no-name red-shirt.

For a minute in No Mans Land I was worried we were going to lose Lorne and Zelenka, so just losing the ship was a bit of a relief. That's just my skewed way of looking at it though :)

Lord Shiva
July 16th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I voted keep, but I'm glad the show had the balls enough to do what I wouldn't want to do, which is lose it. Now they have to find a new Ancient ship :)

Flux.
July 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM
We should never of got it in the first place but seeing as we found it should have been sent back to earth for study and to train a crew and when it finally was destroyed it should have taken out 10 or so hive ships first at least that way it would of seemed like it wasn’t wasted.

Agent_Dark
July 16th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I wanted to vote for loose :(

siXbrownSnakes2
July 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
based on the previews for next week, it doesnt look like the hive we get lasts very long :(

RepliHawk
July 16th, 2006, 06:54 PM
based on the previews for next week, it doesnt look like the hive we get lasts very long :(

I think the person is trying to say is that the hive ship we stole gets into a battle with another hive ship and we lose.that is what i think they are trying to say.please fell free to state your opinion

Frunk
July 16th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Most definatly keep. Did you see it pop out of hyperspace and start firing. They should have shown a wraith face when it was firing droans.

I'd have like to see the wraith's face when it comes out of hyperspace.
Something like: ''OMGWTF?!? An ancient warship?''

What's also fun is that they had no idea to know that it was damaged. If it wasn't, the Orion would have totally wiped the two hiveships off the map. It destroyed a hive in a single voley.

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
July 16th, 2006, 10:46 PM
keep, its a no brainer, we need that bad boy;)