This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Ancients&Atlantis possible?

maybe it's a ridiculous idea but is Ancients and their Atlantis possible on earth?

We have a worldwide myth about Atlantis by Platon. Our Archeology still talking about primitives and monkeys for our past but still nobody give any logical explanation about Pyramids, human made islands , human made seaport around 8000 B.C in Bimini..... Because, only stones can resists thousands years

maybe our Atlantis was an advanced civilization? And destroyed?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

i like it but we dont know same a de pyramids i've bin there but they look like landing pads but where they landing pads

Comment

The problem with Plato(his name is Plato not platon)'s theory is that he assumes that a powerful military force like Atlantis was defeated by a medieval force like Athens. A military force of 100 in 1900 would have wiped the floor with 1000 men from Athens. There is just no way that a couple thousand warriors with spears would have taken out a couple thousand guys with guns, ships, and shields.
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
        The problem with Plato(his name is Plato not platon)'s theory is that he assumes that a powerful military force like Atlantis was defeated by a medieval force like Athens. A military force of 100 in 1900 would have wiped the floor with 1000 men from Athens. There is just no way that a couple thousand warriors with spears would have taken out a couple thousand guys with guns, ships, and shields.
        didnt u hear the stories bout atlantis sinking beneath the sea because of a natural disaster or they sank it was supposed to be technologically thousands of years infront of them they neva faught a war with the athenians and lost
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlas77
          ...We have a worldwide myth about Atlantis by Platon. Our Archeology still talking about primitives and monkeys for our past but still nobody give any logical explanation about Pyramids, human made islands , human made seaport around 8000 B.C in Bimini..... Because, only stones can resists thousands years

We have plenty of good evidence for the method of pyramid construction, ranging from the quarries to writings by the builders and designers, to even the worker villages, where evidence shows that they suffered literally back-breaking labor, but provided it fully. When archaeologists hear these "theories" that such constructions must have been made by an advanced and ancient race, it pretty much brings into their mind how proponents of such theories have so little faith or confidence in our own species. Quite frustrating, really.

As for Bimini... hardly anything to talk about there. I can show you similar "roads" out in the badlands of Montana, where sandstone has eroded in such a way and been exposed by erosion in such a way to mimic paving.

I'd like to know why, if there had been such a civilization, why there is absolutely no sign of it. Why would such a civilization build out of stone and not high tech alloys? Where are all of the industrial leavings, such as metallic tailings, wire, optic cable, pens?

Nah, I don't think it is very possible at all for such a civilization to have existed in our path. Something so advanced could not, by its very nature, be restricted to a single location, and there would be plenty of high-tech garabage left in the archaeological record.
          "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
          -----

Comment

remember the anicents were a purely scientific race unlike us they didnt need to have all the things that we had if we concentrated all our resources on science im sure we could become quite advanced and they may have also had a btter way of getting alloys nothing is certain but also we could have found stuff and the government just dont want us to know about it
            sigpic

Comment

maybe it's a ridiculous idea but is Ancients and their Atlantis possible on earth?

We have a worldwide myth about Atlantis by Platon. Our Archeology still talking about primitives and monkeys for our past but still nobody give any logical explanation about Pyramids, human made islands , human made seaport around 8000 B.C in Bimini..... Because, only stones can resists thousands years

haha they ARE landing pads
              SAVE SG-1
              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

You know what's interesting? In 1938 ancient 'batteries' were discovered in Iraq.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_11.htm

It also seems that the use of similar batteries can be safely placed into ancient Egypt, where several objects with traces of electroplated precious metals have been found at different locations. There are several anomalous finds from other regions, which suggests use of electricity on a grander scale.

Some other links:

http://www.unmuseum.org/bbattery.htm
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baghdad_Battery

Comment

yeah, but it can't fit in a walkman so It's of no use to me!!!
                  MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                  Spoiler:
                  Snape kills Dumbledore
                  Spoiler:
                  Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                  Spoiler:
                  Rosebud is a sled
                  Spoiler:
                  Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                  Spoiler:
                  The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                  Spoiler:
                  The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                  Spoiler:
                  Clark Kent is Superman
                  Spoiler:
                  What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Some people think the crystal skulls found on earth similar to the one in the SG1 ep are proof of advanced ancient civilisations like Atlantis.
                    skepdic.com/crystalskull.html

Of course people who say we couldn’t do things like make the pyramids today don’t realise the only reason we cant is because no one has thousands of slaves and 40years to wast.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux.
                      Of course people who say we couldn’t do things like make the pyramids today don’t realise the only reason we cant is because no one has thousands of slaves and 40years to wast.
                      So true.

I've waisted 20 years of my life and I get sh*t for it all the time.

Comment

and no1 has the rresources as in money to do it and were talking about a time where to build things it didnt cost money alls u had to do was get slaves to mine and work for u and i no it maybe very unlikly but not that unlikly but was atlantis a made continent by the atlanteans and then it just rusted away or they flew it away
                        sigpic

Comment

Two things: While the workers on the pyramids were largely conscripted, they were not slaves, as writings of the time, as well as archaeological finds, plainly point out.

Also, the time that it took to build the pyramids was not wasted, not by ancient Egyptian standards. The work that they were performing, building a monument that would ensure that their pharoah reached the after life, was as important to the average citizen as gathering food and water was. It was simply the way that ancient Egyptian society and culture operated.
                          "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
                          -----

Comment

Pyramids are easy, watch a program called soemthing like Pyramids, Mummies & Tombs on Discovery. There an expert does a series of shows on all things Egypt & shows how Pyramids were built by races from all around the world, despite them never meeting each other etc.

It's also out on DVD now as I saw somebody selling it on ebay the other day.

Comment

U know the story of Atlantis was actually ORIGINALLY heard from an Egyptian priest...right?
                              Just thought I'd throw that in there
                              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Working...
                              X