This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorne's First Name

Did I miss it? I've read through all the scripts I could find... It's driving me crazy. Tonight Lorne called McKay "Rodney". If they are on a first name basis, shouldn't Lorne's first name be mentioned somewhere? No. Of course not. Because McKay has that thing where he addresses everyone by an honorific. I swear, it is like the writers are taunting us!

They even have Lorne wearing uniforms that specifically don't have the full name tag. I think at this point, if they haven't already said his first name, they should just never say it.

Maybe he can be like "Cher" or "Charo" ... or "Spock"

No, really, I won't feel bad if I just missed it. If I did, guys, what is it, and where was it said?

I know it doesn't really matter, and I'd enjoy the character regardless, but it does make writing the fan fiction a little harder. You have to keep calling him "Major Lorne" or "Lorne" or "that guy" or "him" or "his faithful companion". Even Zelenka gets to be Radek sometimes.

LOL!
    Elnea
    Sci-Fi fan, Gamer, Doctor, Soccer Mom
    http://www.TaiChiKnees.com

No canon name as of yet, but many fanon first name.

Personal favourites are Major Major Lorne or Love Lorne.

Reminds me of cute fic, Just as Sweet by Qwirky

Comment

major is his first name, but hey if i have a son i wouldnt mind naming him lorne
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Major Edward Thorne or Major Jacob Thorne
        I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          No canon name as of yet, but many fanon first name.

Personal favourites are Major Major Lorne or Love Lorne.

Reminds me of cute fic, Just as Sweet by Qwirky
          Yeah, some fans are very keen on Marcus, but i have no idea why. I'm quite happy with just Major Lorne. So far there's been no reason to use his first name.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
            major is his first name, but hey if i have a son i wouldnt mind naming him lorne
            His name better be Major!
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Well, fans of Major Davis were very keen on Paul. I can't understand that, but it worked for them and eventually it became canon. So what's the big deal?

For those interested, there IS a Lorne Thunk thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14955 Lots of discussion takes place there, too.

Comment

Without giving the guy a first name, one gets the feeling that TPTB will just kill him off for thrills one of these days. I find him an interesting character and would like to see more of him in the future - with a first name.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM
                  Without giving the guy a first name, one gets the feeling that TPTB will just kill him off for thrills one of these days. I find him an interesting character and would like to see more of him in the future - with a first name.
                  Well, look how many years it took for Wally the Chevron Guy to get an official name. Granted, he was a much more minor character (initially) but at least the lack of name didn't get him killed. Although now that he has one...

I, too, hope Lorne gets a name this season (and not at his funeral). I'm partial to Marcus 'cos that's what we've all been calling him for months and months, but if the writers choose to go a different route with the naming, so be it. And if they choose not to name him, that's okay, too. As long as he continues not dying, I'll be happy.

Comment

Wow, so we really don't know his name? I always just assumed that because I always saw people calling him Marcus that his first name was Marcus and I was just an inattentive fan who didn't catch it. So, does anybody know where the name Marcus came from?
                    http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
                    Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchan2
                      Wow, so we really don't know his name? I always just assumed that because I always saw people calling him Marcus that his first name was Marcus and I was just an inattentive fan who didn't catch it. So, does anybody know where the name Marcus came from?
                      I know. The LorneLovers (the sort of unofficial-official fan club of Major Lorne) thought it would be neat if we could get Major Lorne named like fans did with Major Davis on SG-1. (In case anyone didn't know, TPTB saw the name Paul used so many times for Major Davis in the fandom that they made it official).

After a poll and voting, it was settled on Marcus Lorne and ever since we've been spreading the word, telling everyone about the plan and how we fans hope to name a character on SGA like what was done on SG-1 and people seem to like the idea.

Comment

And just to add in (because I love to) ... Marcus is Latin/Greek and its meaning is "Warlike" or "Defender".... so it's a perfect fit for him. But that's just what I think anyway. LOL
                        sigpic
                        KavanSmithFans.com
                        Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

*giggles* That fic is so cute, Blue_Banrigh! Thanks for linking.

'Nick' seems to be the other one that floats around in canon, although I much prefer 'Marcus'. Although, really, I'm not too fussed about a lack of a first name.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

There was a poll?

Comment

I heard that tptb are going to name Lorne (drumroll, please):
                              Spoiler:
                              Evan

My evidence: http://www.the-gateroom.com/articles/kavans.html

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should have told him the truth - that most of us go to Hell and burn eternally - but I didn't want to upset him.

-Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X