This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Subscribe to Threads

The new forum can notify you of new posts to a particular thread! You can subscribe to as many threads as you want; when a new post is made, the forum will send you an e-mail with a direct link to the thread. Click on "Thread Tools" near the top of the thread to which you would like to subscribe, then "Subscribe to this Thread." Remember, the post itself isn't sent to your mailbox -- and you'll need to visit the thread again to keep the subscription active. You won't receive e-mails for every single post without revisiting the thread.

You can even subscribe to an entire folder: Look for the "Subscribe to This Forum" option under the "Forum Tools" menu on the thread list page.
    Last edited by David; 30 April 2004, 06:12 PM.

I'm not really sure where to post this, but I figured this might be pretty close.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to change the title of the thread "Check out Stargate: Horizon" into only "Stargate: Horizon". I think that sounds more appropriate since most people who regulary visit the Fan Fiction section are familiar with what Stargate: Horizon is. So I would like to change the title, but keep the thread just as it is. That's if that is possible to do.

Sorry, by the way that we've opened a second thread for the premiere. That was just for making everyone aware of it. All posts are made in the one thread now. It's just the title that bothers me personally a little. Maybe you could help me out.

Please let me know if it would be possible to change that title.

Thanks.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Thanks for changing the thread title.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hi I'm new here! I'm trying to find the shep/McKay slasher thread that is mentioned in the Shep/McKay discussion thread - does it still exist? Thanks! p.s. sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask in :-)

Comment

um.. i have a problem with the thread-subscriptions, it worked the first 11 threads, but now it won't let me subscribe anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sg-daniel
            um.. i have a problem with the thread-subscriptions, it worked the first 11 threads, but now it won't let me subscribe anymore

That's what I came here for too. I can't subscrib to any more threads or forums. When I click on subscribe, it takes me to the notification choices, then when I click subscribe, it just keeps showing that same page.
            sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              That's what I came here for too. I can't subscrib to any more threads or forums. When I click on subscribe, it takes me to the notification choices, then when I click subscribe, it just keeps showing that same page.
              I think it's a hiccup in the recent forum upgrade. I haven't been able to subscribe to any threads since it happened. I've reported it- twice- so I guess we'll just have to sit back and see if anything gets done.

Comment

I'm having that problem as well. I tried to subscribe to a thread and got that "pick your notification" and "subscribe" page again, even after I picked my notification and hit the subscribe button.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                  I'm having that problem as well. I tried to subscribe to a thread and got that "pick your notification" and "subscribe" page again, even after I picked my notification and hit the subscribe button.
                  Thread sunscription has always been spotty. I always use the "New Post" button, and look for threads i've posted in. Sometimes i get notifications for threads i subscribe to, and sometimes i don't. I find the "New Posts" button really useful in this situation. It may take a bit more time finding threads you subscribed to using the "New Posts" button, but it works.

Comment

i hope it gets fixed soon. the "new posts"-button is good, but i don't always remember all the threads i posted in.

Comment

and im subscribed to threads but havent been gettin' the daily emails since the switch over.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                        Same here.

The "new posts" feature will do in a pinch, but if it's something I'm really interested in, being subscribed saves me lots of time when I'm in a hurry.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                          Same here.

The "new posts" feature will do in a pinch, but if it's something I'm really interested in, being subscribed saves me lots of time when I'm in a hurry.
                          Exactly! That's what I love about it...I don't have to wade through tons of threads I really have no interest in reading, I can click on the threads I like and be done with it. Ah well...I'll just have to keep trying and hope one day it will stick, again. LOL
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I have the same problem, can't subscribe anymore, keep on trying though maybe someday in the near future it'll work again *nudge MODS*
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Just adding my name to the list of "me, too" folks who are no longer able to subscribe to threads since the upgrade.

Thanks for all the other fixes to date, btw. (Shameless sucking up ploy to draw attention yet again to the prob)

Comment

Working...
                              X