This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi special

Is it me or is it not what you expected? i am watching it now and was expecting something like the history channels " How william shatner changed the world" I dont know, its not really bad butnot what i was expecting. What do you think?

well i didn't even expect it to be on... so it's not what i was expecting.
    however, i love the history channel, and am really enjoying this show

Comment

Overall, I enjoyed the special. It was pretty enlightening.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I had no expectations going in and really enjoyed the program. It's fun to hear from the scientists who actually work on all these different aspects of "real" scifi.

Comment

your talking about True Science right? if so, ya, it wasnt what i expected. It was more facts about everything BUT stargate

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
            Is it me or is it not what you expected? i am watching it now and was expecting something like the history channels " How william shatner changed the world" I dont know, its not really bad butnot what i was expecting. What do you think?
            I didn't much care for it. I found it disappointing.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
              it was misleading... it was more of a docmumentary about stuff that TPTB possibly got some of the ideas for the show. but i liked it
              SAVE SG-1
              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Amanda seemed to be too "WOW, Gosh!!, Golly!!!" durring the commentary. I kind of wish that she had been in character so that she wouldn't have had to sound so impressed by all the techno-jargen.
                MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                Spoiler:
                Snape kills Dumbledore
                Spoiler:
                Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                Spoiler:
                Rosebud is a sled
                Spoiler:
                Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                Spoiler:
                The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                Spoiler:
                The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                Spoiler:
                Clark Kent is Superman
                Spoiler:
                What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Sorry, slow on the uptake but what Scifi Special?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    Sorry, slow on the uptake but what Scifi Special?
                    A program that aired just before the premieres last night: Stargate True Science. It dealt with science that is being developed in real life that closely parallels that of Stargate. I think it was meant as a sort of fun connection for fans.

Comment

If it's the same thing that aired in the UK last year, and I'm sure it was, then I thought it was ridiculously silly.
                      'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by BJX
                        If it's the same thing that aired in the UK last year, and I'm sure it was, then I thought it was ridiculously silly.
                        Yup, it's the same thing, hosted by Amanda Tapping.
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
                          A program that aired just before the premieres last night: Stargate True Science. It dealt with science that is being developed in real life that closely parallels that of Stargate. I think it was meant as a sort of fun connection for fans.
                          Cool, thanks.

Comment

For the most part it was not what i had expected. The ending segment though was EXACTLY what i wanted the entire hour to be.... talking about going back in time, wormhole physics, etc!

I found some of the insights by scientists interesting, but nothing i hadn't really heard before. I echo the comment that Amanda Tapping seemed a bit too over-the-top with the commentary, but hey, it is a primer for a bunch of people so that's ok.
                            ---------------------------

-Joe Cool-

---------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by JCool
                              For the most part it was not what i had expected. The ending segment though was EXACTLY what i wanted the entire hour to be.... talking about going back in time, wormhole physics, etc!

I found some of the insights by scientists interesting, but nothing i hadn't really heard before. I echo the comment that Amanda Tapping seemed a bit too over-the-top with the commentary, but hey, it is a primer for a bunch of people so that's ok.
                              It was basically a primer for people who slept through science classes and don't read any science articles on the web And it's a cheap filler show.... you show clips you already have, interview people who aren't going to demand residuals, etc. Would have much preferred a "Making of" special this year but scifi seems to be on the cheap thisyear - reusing ad material from previous seasons on SGA, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X