• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real World (306)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306

Elizabeth Weir wakes up in a mental institution, where she is told that the expedition to Atlantis and the Stargate are figments of her imagination.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:47 PM.

Good episode. Good to see RDA in that ep. I give it a ***. Next Weeks episode look awesome.
    sigpic

Comment

2/10

This was an utter disappointment. It was so boring. I mean I'm all in support of Weir Centric eps, but darn. I wanted it to end...and it didn't end soon enough. I mean this was long and dreary. I loved all the other eps..and gave them high ratings...but Weir...and everyone else. Oooh..bad.

Torri--did a great job in acting. Weir was... Weir at home. I mean, I don't know what I was supposed to get out of the ep, except when we were with the team. So seeing her in her world , it was whatever. I liked her and Jack---I might be a Jack/Weir shipper for sure in this.

As for John---I liked his characterization, but it wasn't what I expected. Based on reviews from people I was expecting lots of Shweir love, didn't get that at all. John was even interrupted.

I do however liked that the fact that again we see that John would risk his life for his team--just another moment of proof. So that was excellent.

Was it boring to death yes, it doesn't get words of poetry from me. It was a bomb!

My sister said don't call her to watch stupid things like that..and she is right!!
      2/10

Teyla in a McShep!
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Wow, that was really good. Who knew they had it in them.

Comment

Mildly entertaining episode, a little predictable. Enjoyed the teamwork and TH did a good job. I suppose the Weir/Shep shippers enjoyed it.
          I'm glad Weir did her part to save herself. She came across as a stronger person than she usually does.
          She could use some self-defense lessons from Teyla.

Comment

I'm a big fan of Weir, but I was a little bored with this episode. Probably because I read the spoilers so I knew what was going on whole time. One question though, was that John "haunting" her the whole time?

Comment

Ehhh, I didn't like it too much. I didn't have any idea what this show was going to be about going into it as I was paying way too much attention to the 200 hype, and I can see why...This episode wasn't very strong and having Shep not be infected because they were too busy seemed like nonsense. That said, the first twenty or so minutes I thought were very cool, I just wished it could've stayed that way. Oh well, there is bound to be at least one bad episode a season, I suppose this one is it.
              My new favorite quote:
              "Fly Lucius, fly"
              -Rodney
              My old favorite:
              "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
              -Dr. Lee

Comment

OK as I am not really wanting to watch this can someone actually give a more detailed review? I know most don't until much later but please I really need to know if I should be bothering with this ep.

Also some info on Jack would be nice and yes was there any McKay in this?

Please.

Comment

It wasn't original but I don't hold that against it. I loved that Weir got her own episode. I thought Torri did a great job and I'm glad she finally had the opportunity to really act. I didn't find it completely boring but would I have been disappointed to miss it? not particularly.

I hated the ending. The reasoning behind what happened to her and how she got over it just made no sense. She killed the nanites with self confidence? come on. John calling her back reminded me of that kiss at the end of The Matrix... total fairy tale sleeping beauty nonsense. Hearing him is one thing, having him show up in her warped reality, a bit much.

But the thing that really made me go wtf is this whole nanite and wraith nonsense. If each nanite cell, is compelled to attack the Wraith as a part of their basic programming, what the hell have they been doing for the past 10,000 years or so? I hope they actually adress that because as if this moment, it makes no sense.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I'm confused. Why was Weir infected with nanites and no one else?

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                      I'm confused. Why was Weir infected with nanites and no one else?
                      She's the one Niam grabbed after his reset.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I liked this ep because it gave Elizabeth more screentime and Torri some decent material to work with, but overall it was...really boring. Really. I felt like this ep went on forever.

I didn't quite understand the nanites either - they were trying to get Weir to give up? Wha? Why would they need to bother with that? Just smelled like a plot device to have those cliched scenes where Shep urged her to fight. And Shep contaminating himself to try and get through to Elizabeth was a rash and dumb decision. Yeah, let's have the head of military put himself in a dangerous spot when the head of Atlantis is already compromised. Oh my bad, that's exactly what happened in Long Goodbye. Should have seen that one coming.

WC, Rodney and the rest of the team were in the infirmary the whole time trying to figure out what was going on and how to save Elizabeth. Jack showed up a handful of times in Elizabeth's reality, same military rank but the Stargate program was completely nonexistant. They had met when Elizabeth had acted as a diplomat for a nonproliferation treaty, IIRC.

Comment

Yes, McKay and co. were in it, working together to save Liz. McKay, Beckett, and Shep were fun working together to come up with ideas (tho no real banter, because they were being all serious and focused). Most of the ep was Liz slowly piecing together what had happened to her, a predictable process with some mild horror movie-type moments now and then.... Some nice Jack O'Neill here and there, interacting with Liz to the extent that it seems to be inspiring some Jack/Liz 'ship, but I didn't see any particular chemistry there. As a fan of McKay, primarily, I wouldn't be in any particular rush to see this ep....tho' I'd probably watch it sometime if I had nothing better to do. He had his cute moments (doesn't he always?) It was also very Shep/Weir 'shippy and that's not something I personally care for, either.

SG1, on the other hand, was hilarious. Terrifically silly, but still--just funny. Lots of affectionate jabs at us fans. My favorite bit was the slashy Jack and Daniel moment. Not even subtexty.... Just awesome.

Comment

i really dident like this ep not even RDA could save it. all i keeped thinking was this is just like that one ep of deepspace 9 were they tryed to tell siko that nonhing about deepsapce9 was real.

Comment

Loved it. Some moments towards the middle dragged, but overall a great episode for Torri and for Elizabeth to test her own mettle. RDA was fantastic, and I actually thought the nanites going immediately after the Wraith DNA was cool. I want that explored. *taps foot patiently*

The ending was fantastic. Seeing Elizabeth fight her way through, but not being really alone, was very cool. It was also interesting to see her trust torn between John and Jack. Again, RDA was awesome (at least he had screentime *glares at 200*).

Willow, there was very little Rodney, and what little there was had him being an insensitive jerk, so I suggest skipping it. Though there was one priceless comment about a mirror that had me ROTFL.

John bursting through the plastic was in character - like he'd care if he was infected. however, would it have killed them to come up with a better excuse as to why he wasn't infected? How about the nanites had to adapt only to Weir's DNA in order to replicate out of desperation. okay, still stupid, but not as bad as "they were too busy". Meh. If that's the only thing that bugs me, then so be it.

The transition from Elizabeth sleeping in her hospital room to the first time we see her in quarantine was very well done. I think I like this director; we should keep him around. I also loved how the visions ended up being John, but she was afraid at first and took her meds. The scene where the team was begging her to fight being juxtaposed with Elizabeth throwing her pills into the toilet? Beautifully done. Again, I'm feeling the director love.

Overall a day in the sun for Weir/Torri fans, but also a good punching bag for anti-Weirs, so I'm going to keep away from any further comments and enjoy the 200/RDA/TRW bliss.

Originally posted by smushybird
                              Some nice Jack O'Neill here and there, interacting with Liz to the extent that it seems to be inspiring some Jack/Liz 'ship
                              'Tis my secret ship.

My favorite bit was the slashy Jack and Daniel moment
                              Off topic, but had to comment since I don't post in the SG-1 side of things. That scene was freaking hysterical. Awesome.
                              Last edited by RoryJ; 18 August 2006, 07:41 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X