No announcement yet.

Misbegotten (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, will someone get on the phone with these guys and tell them to stop losing ships? In the words of Jack O'Neill "Ok, next mothership we keep!"

Comment

Wonder what Michael got out of Beckett, they never really clarified that.

Good episode though, and no one can complain about them getting beamed out at the last minute.
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        It's truly amazing how this mistake with Michael keeps coming back to bite them in the behind. And amazingly, still, no one questions it. amazing.
        Weir doesn't even get called on it. They just dance around it. How disappointing. A truly missed opportunity for some tension and drama.
        Weir got called on that mistake last week, in case you missed it.

ETA: I haven't seen the ep...yet... in case anyone's wondering. *waits impatiently*

Comment

What situation had Beckett get in the chair?

: Why me?

Comment

I think Misbegotten was an exceptionally fine episode. Strong writing. Strong scripting. And strong acting.

I really felt sorry for Micheal for what the team did to him (again.) At one time, the Atlantis team might have had him as an ally (maybe not...). But after the events of Misbegotten, Micheal will never be an ally ever again.
            Spoiler:
            Assuming Micheal and some other Wraith survived the bombardment from the caputured Hive ship, Micheal will forever be cemeted as Atlantis' nemesis.
            Spoiler:
            Factor in the fact Micheal now has the team's nuclear bomb, Micheal has now became the team's greatest singular threat.

I actually feel bad for Micheal.

It is nice to see that there are shades of grey in that whole area of fighting the Wraith. The team will have to deal with the choices they have made for a long time.

I give Misbegotten a 10. Perfect.

Comment

Tsk. Tsk. There are sooo many things wrong with this episode. I am very disappointed in Sheppard and his gungho attitude about killing the "people" as he puts it. As an anthropology student, I find this whole arc completely disturbing. Michael gets screwed over every time. I hope Karma really kicks the Atlantis team where it hurts. They handled the whole Michael situation very poorly.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
              Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

I'm amused to see all the people protesting the "slaughter" as some call it. Thats just another example of you not being there, and not understanding the gravity of the situation. You second guessing them attempting to kill all the Wraith on that planet is no different than the IOA second guessing Weir.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Perhaps they should have given Michael what he wanted, yes. On the other hand, I think that was the intentions all along. Besides, if things went to ****, Michael would be remembered as the traitor, and revealed to the other hive queen.

I'm disturbed though that Andee Frizzell was credited for this episode despite the fact she didn't even appear in it.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Did anyone else catch the line about them being ferryed back and forth by the Asgard?

Isn't is weird that the Asgard can spare a ship to carry them back and forth, but thats all the help we get? And of course Thor is still just MIA.
                    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

i hope Michaels alive
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR
                        Did anyone else catch the line about them being ferryed back and forth by the Asgard?

Isn't is weird that the Asgard can spare a ship to carry them back and forth, but thats all the help we get? And of course Thor is still just MIA.

Yeah, that irritated me a bit too.

"The Ori! Single greatest threat the MW as ever seen and Asgard only have one SCIENCE vessel to fight them."

"Oh yeah, spare ship to transport you two to Atlantis."

Comment

I absolutely loved it. From the fact that they showed our characters *showing* emotion and a connection to one another, to the shocking choices, to the constant surprising twists.

Why did they do that to Michael a second time, though? I'm curious to the reasoning there. I guess because he knew about them and that was a risk. They couldn't let him leave, couldn't keep him a prisoner indefinitely, so, change him.

Yes, the ethics of what they are doing (having to do) is dark, but it is about 'them or us'. I don't have a hard time seeing them taking this line. There isn't any possibility of a peaceful solution. There isn't any co-existing with the wraith.

And those wraith made into temporary humans are still wraith.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                            i hope Michaels alive
                            Indeed, Atlantis has actually pissed me off by what they have done to him.

Comment

I am quite pleased that the Atlantis team didn't make a decision that saved the day. Leading the way for the team to head back home triumphant, victorious and justified. Where a grand feast would await them as they sing boastful songs of their joyus and glorious victory in battle.

Wait, this isn't Star Trek.

Still, it is glad to see the the team making dark choices. Making the only choice they could make under the circumstances. Choices that will have dark consequences in time. I love the fact that the team played the cards that were dealt to them.
                              Spoiler:
                              Except the hand that was dealt when the team decided to revert Micheal back to human.
                              This is the turning point in Micheal's charater. And it's where the Atalntis team officially went wrong. Their paranoia and mistrust may have made an enemy out of Micheal. For as much as anyone knew, Micheal may have actually made himself out to be a close ally. But the team's choice changed this forever. For worse.

It's where the team could have made a better decision. But they didn't. In my opinion, it was the wrong choice. And that's intrigueing to witness. The wrong decision was made and now the team may have to deal with the consequences of that decision forever. Micheal couldn't live in both worlds. Half Wraith, but once human. He was ostricized by the other Wraith. And now, Micheal has the impetus to fully reclaim his rightful place within the hive - against the Atlantis team.

It's nice to see the team make a wrong decision that will have lasting consequences.

And Woosley's presence was incredible as well. It is refreshing to see there's always a third side to a two-sided coin.

Comment

Originally posted by coolove
                                Tsk. Tsk. There are sooo many things wrong with this episode. I am very disappointed in Sheppard and his gungho attitude about killing the "people" as he puts it. As an anthropology student, I find this whole arc completely disturbing. Michael gets screwed over every time. I hope Karma really kicks the Atlantis team where it hurts. They handled the whole Michael situation very poorly.

I have to say, I'd do the same thing cause those *people* intended to head straight for EARTH and wipe us out. SO, a few hundred beings against billions. Hmmm. Easy choice for me. I didn't see it being all that easy for Shep though. But they all knew it had to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X