• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Man's Land (301)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301

The team desperately attempts to stop two Wraith hive ships from reaching Earth. Sheppard must rely on an old foe to rescue McKay and Ronon.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:53 PM.

From the predictable double-agent, to the predictably useless beaurocrats, to McKay turning into a white Chris Tucker, this episode pulled all the same punches Stargate has been pulling for over nine years, in extremely humdrum fashion.

And the wraithe threat continues to be overrated by the characters. The show has not convinced me that the wraithe are a huge threat to earth. A hive ship might be able to decimate a small village community with medieval technology, but a planet with six billion people, missiles and warheads, and fighter jets reinforced with Asgard technology? I am completely unconvinced that the wraithe would manage to kill more than a few thousand people tops, and yet, the characters talk like they were when Anubis was descending on the planet.

The only good part about the episode was Landry's chat with Weir, and that had nothing to do with the action of the episode.

I liked Atlantis when they were marooned far away with no consistant communication with Earth, and really on their own. Now I just don't care. I'm not sure I'll watch Atlantis again.

Comment

Good ep. It absolutely sucks that the Orion was destroyed. That the worst allied ship to be destroyed since .... well ever. I hate the producers because of this, I demand another Aurora-class ship, then I like the producers again.
      sigpic

Comment

What happened after they killed the queen? My DVR went funky. :/
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Actually, as of yet we don't know whether the Queen is dead.

Spoiler:
          Andee Frizzell is signed on to do the next episode. Of course, that doesn't mean anything
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I thought this was a wonderful episode, though sometimes the acting smact as a little strained. But I am certainly looking forward to future episodes!
            thankee toasteronfire

Comment

I am disappointed that the Orion was destroyed...very disappointed, but I did enjoy the episode otherwise. It was good to see the Daedalus kick some ass in a more convention firefight for once.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

the Orion blew up T_T we have what had it for 2-3 episodes and it already goes *boom* gah

atleast Major Lorne got to command it before it got destroyed...

but the highlight of this episode for me would be michael

I love his character and have high hopes for him in the future

Comment

Agreed.

But that drone launch on the part of the Orion made it one hell of a great episode.

Comment

AMAZING EPSIODE!! I didnt mind that much that the orion went boom, at least we got to see it fire first I knew that ship wouldnt last long. I'm glad that micheal is a good guy now, should be interesting. The orion may be gone but now we have a hive ship!

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

yeah it sucked to see Orion get destroyed but it did a good job at kicking some wraith ass. I kinda figured that this was going to be a two-part episode but 3-part? That's awesome. I like the fact that at the end they ended with sheppard's face as the to be continued credit came up. i thought that michael looked pretty cool and that he was helping sheppard and the humans turn the wraith on the other hive ship into humans.

Comment

At least she went out with a bang.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, though McKay really got on my nerves. Also not happy that
                          Spoiler:
                          the Orion was destroyed. Though they did gain a hive ship.

It also raised some very interesting questions.
                          Spoiler:
                          What will they end up doing to the now-human Wraith? If Michael ends up sticking around, how is he going to be fed?

Overall, I liked it. The few things I disliked were outweighed by the many things I liked. Cool battles and exploding ships a plus. Might only have to wait until next week for my questions to be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                            Agreed.

But that drone launch on the part of the Orion made it one hell of a great episode.
                            That was one of the best parts of the episode, I loved watching the drones launch and evade the darts and then swarm around the hive ship. We needed more of the Orion!!

Over all I enjoyed the episode, had a lot of good action and set the stage for some good story threads throughout the season.

Comment

In my opinion, when the Wraith turned human said hello, did anyone think, did this guy just step out from a Lord of the Rings set into the Atlantis set?

BTW, loved the throne. Mckay should sit in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X