Insiders (1004)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom
    I liked that the writers finally put it into canon that Mitchel is NOT the team leader. He was kinda sweet the way he said that he and Carter were the same rank and that Daniel and Teal'c were both civilians - really, he hasn't got any troops to lead.
    I guess what I got out of it is that he can't control individuals but ultimately he is responsible for the team. He's still the leader of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      I disagree - Jack led through loyalty. Teal'c and Daniel were fiercely loyal to him and would follow him to Nehtu and back. So yeah, he did have control of "his" team. The problem is that SG-1 is still primarily Jack's team, not Cam's. Cam would have been a great addition to Jack's team, and that's what he was expecting to become when he requested the assignment. He did get the gang pulled back together, but without the leader that they all loved, it has a very different dynamic.
      You don't think Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam are loyal to cam? Well thats just ridiculous in my opinion, I believe there is a huge difference in having control of your team and having the loyalty of your team. I suppose we are at a deadlock because I think what makes up sg-1 is a bunch of people with individual thought processes AKA a bunch of out of control people (which is one of the most appealing aspects of the show IMO).

Originally posted by bitnine

Also it was convenient.
      which is why I said I could overlook it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eirenne
        I guess what I got out of it is that he can't control individuals but ultimately he is responsible for the team. He's still the leader of SG1.
        I agree. This is the conclusion I came up with too.

Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
          You don't think Daniel, Teal'c, and Sam are loyal to cam? Well thats just ridiculous in my opinion, I believe there is a huge difference in having control of your team and having the loyalty of your team. I suppose we are at a deadlock because I think what makes up sg-1 is a bunch of people with individual thought processes AKA a bunch of out of control people (which is one of the most appealing aspects of the show IMO).

I like the way you think. Cam is definitely the team leader.

Sybil

Comment

Originally posted by shester
            I like the way you think. Cam is definitely the team leader.

Sybil
            I'm fine with that! He showed great abliites tonight and so did Vala! Excellent episode I want next Friday already!
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Gosh, this was another boring episode, though not nearly as bad as Morpheus. It's like they spent half the episode explaining what happened in past episodes. Yawn. Every Baal episode is like this. His history goes back so far that the writers think they have to tell us all these details of past things that just slow down the action and make it feel like I need to take notes, and that's not what I want to do with my entertainment. And Sam's conflict was sooooo tame. I felt no jeopardy for anyone during her capture. And I have no idea why Landry said it was okay for her to have given away the information she did at the end of the ep. That seemed backwards to me.

I did like Vala in this ep. She's back to the Vala I like. However, what in the world's happened to Cam? Does he have to be so grim all the time? Ugh. The Cam from last season would've smiled once in a while and had a little fun with Sam at the end of the ep. I miss the guy that gave Sam a high five in Arthur's Mantle and told her she looks like Mary Poppins in OTG.

BTW, to me it was obvious Mitchell is in charge of the team and its leader. His conversation with Landry was about his leadership STYLE, and how he doesn't try to control anyone. Otherwise why would Landry be talking to him at all about this? In the conversation Landry was asking the team leader how he was going to control Vala. He wouldn't be asking that of anyone if they weren't the leader. And Mitchell's reply was taht he didn't try to control anyone on his team. His team. That's key.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                I didn't watch this straight through, so I'm going to be very sketchy on the plot and details (when am I ever not?).

First, although (at least from what I saw) Vala and Sam still haven't shared any personal conversations, I thought they had a nice chemistry together and can imagine them being friends.

Did they say where Daniel was? I know they mentioned him being gone, but did they say where? And, I mean Daniel, not MS.

Why was Vala leading the soldiers in her group when they were all spaced out around the base? She was giving out the hand signals and seemed to be in charge of that group. I know she's one of the main characters, but since she's only a probationary member, you'd think she'd be paired up with an SG1 member and would be following their lead.

Why? Why did they have to have Barrett turn? Although, I still say he looks different than he did before. Like he got a nose job.

I still find the clones stupid, but this was a better use for them than "did we kill the real Ba'al?"
                I find most of your posts to be pretty insightful so I wouldn't worry about it if I was you.

Frankly they only have 2 Things in common 1 they both are female and 2 they have both had a gou'ald in there head. Sorry to say this but I don't think Sam thinks much of Vala.

He was at Camelot looking for Merlin's weapon.

Well I didn't notice it when I was watching it but now that you mention it............. I am really curious to know where TPTB are taking her character.

I don't think he "turned" more like he was brainwashed against his will. As for the nose job....... I don't care.

I don't know, I kinda like having all those Baal's around Haha I had to throw that in.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah and maybe I was the only one thinking this with the little numbers on the Baal's, I just could just see in my head "no I'm number one!" "I do not want to be second,...second is for losers." "Yeah well I'm number one so tough, besides I called it first" sorry I know it's ludacris but I just wondered how they came up with the number system lol

Comment

I have to wonder if the writers have ever researched what security protocols really are in the military and highly secure facilities and projects. And yes I do know.

For Sam to be able to enter a code to unlock a database, she would have to be the IT nerd in the room which no one ever visits or even heard of. That being said, her rank is not sufficient for that kind of global access. In fact, had she had such access, and still gave up the code, she would be courts martialed. Deservedly so. There is absolutely no way the ending could have happened with Landry telling her she did the right thing.

Now, for creativity, what ever happened to fake data? What about fractured data. It's never all in one place. Searches are possible through data but not the whole database. And it would never never be yielded up by a real military officer. That was an insult to everyone who has given his/her life for country to protect information.

The ending was so patently ridiculous that it left a bad taste in my mouth. I urge the writers to sit down with Air Force security people and really go through a debriefing/security consultation about these matters. Whatever little they have reviewed is insufficient.
                    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

How surprising, another episode that I thoroughly enjoyed. This season just keeps on rolling IMO. Four eps in, and I'm loving Season 10. Also, I'm glad our boy Ba'al (well, several of them actually) survived to threaten us another day.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good episode, but last week was better.

Vala was once again halarious and of course the Jaffa haven't gotten any smarter.

I loved how the two Ba'als were fighting, poor Barret hope they get him straightened out.
                        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Now I know why Jack O'Neill is coming back: to kick the butts of everyone in the SGC including and especially his old team.

I was motified at the way the SGC handled this foothold situation. This whole thing was a major screw-up beginning with the decision to not scramble our space troops to make sure that our skies were clear of any other Goa'uld vessels. Never have they handled anything so badly in the history of the operation. The kids in "Proving Ground" handled things better than this group did.

Everyone seemed to be two beats behind everything the Ba'als did. It was like they were moving in a fog. One of the clones might have gotten out, I can give you that, but how in H-E- double toothpicks did they allow all of the rest of the Ba'als to be freed? Weren't any of them under guard? Then, once they got out and they decided to go after them, what were they thinking giving Vala charge of trained SG troops? Were all of the other senior SG team leaders on vacation? They wouldn't even give her a real gun when they took her to the planet (and we don't even want to talk about that!) but yet she gets to tell our best and brightest what to do? What the - ?!

And Sam - the moment they left the real Ba'al alone in the room with her, why didn't she take his gun away from him and beat the crap out of him with it? We're not even going to talk about the way they got the addresses of her by just threatening to shoot Barrett. That information was so important they should have had to shoot everyone in the base before she gave it to them. She caved way too fast and that was extremely disappointing.

The only thing I liked about this episode was Siler's contribution. Other than that, I was really completely disapointed in the whole thing and I was really looking for to seeing Ba'al again.
                          Last edited by Sela; 04 August 2006, 07:26 PM.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                            Good episode, but last week was better.
                            Do you actually expect episodes to get better and better every week? There's always going to be better episodes but they don't have to go in order, I'm not ranting btw lol just don't see why people say 'but last week was better'.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                              I have to wonder if the writers have ever researched what security protocols really are in the military and highly secure facilities and projects. And yes I do know.

For Sam to be able to enter a code to unlock a database, she would have to be the IT nerd in the room which no one ever visits or even heard of. That being said, her rank is not sufficient for that kind of global access. In fact, had she had such access, and still gave up the code, she would be courts martialed. Deservedly so. There is absolutely no way the ending could have happened with Landry telling her she did the right thing.

Now, for creativity, what ever happened to fake data? What about fractured data. It's never all in one place. Searches are possible through data but not the whole database. And it would never never be yielded up by a real military officer. That was an insult to everyone who has given his/her life for country to protect information.

The ending was so patently ridiculous that it left a bad taste in my mouth. I urge the writers to sit down with Air Force security people and really go through a debriefing/security consultation about these matters. Whatever little they have reviewed is insufficient.
                              Ok this is a little rough. First off as I stated many times before, they know plenty about military secruity and protocols. Carter had no time to switch for fake data and to enter a database, one that Carter is qualified to acess and would have the code fo is legit. Now if you didn't like the episode fine thats you right. I however found it very enjoyable and it kept me intrested all the way through.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack

This is a television show after all. There are bound to be things that wouldn't jive in the RL.

Comment

Working...
                                X